Does she look Bow Legged to you?

I've never noticed it, but the other day someone said to me that she looked a bit bow legged. I'm with her a lot so maybe its just not something I've noticed. Now she does waddle a bit when she runs but she has short legs and a long body. I don't see it though that is why I am asking.

So just asking for an opinion, does she look bow legged to you? And if so what kind of issues can that cause? Thanks

It's hard to say, some she looks it, some she doesn't, it may just be the angle in which she is standing. Even a perfectly straight legged dog can look bow-legged when they are standing just right.

You see I've just always thought it was the way she stands. But then again i don't really know. This was someone we saw in person and they just said she looked slightly bow legged. Might be something to ask the vet next he sees her? Or just not worry about it too much? Even if she is she doesn't seem bothered by it and I seriously doubt anything could be done about it. I was just curious really.

She also has a sensitive paw that gives her trouble from time to time. So I've noticed she puts more pressure on the left paw than the right. Which could give her that awkward stance.

Images
    I don't think she is.. A bow-legged dog, ones I've seen and dealt with, look bow-legged regardless of how they're standing.
    She looks like she has a wide stance. Not bowed legs..

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

This dog has bowed legs:
    Picasa Web Albums - bestfriends092009

Okay thanks.

It kind of shocked me a bit when someone said that because you think I'd have noticed or the vet would have said something if she was.

figured sometimes the best resource is other knowledgable dog owners.

After seeing that photo, I have to say I really don't think Sash is bow legged. Thanks for sharing that much appreciated.
    Last edited by SBTlove; 11-04-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Her left front leg looks a bit irregular, perhaps bowed, perhaps turned outwards. I'm sure if you got an x-ray there would be a difference between that leg and a proper leg. It might cause her some arthritis problems in the future, but there's really nothing you can do about it.

7. She's a bit weak in the pasterns and a bit easty-westy, not bow-legged. Her left foot seems more affected than the right.

It's not something to be worried about! (unless it was a show dog)

Carla

Thank you for the imput much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SBTlove View Post
    She also has a sensitive paw that gives her trouble from time to time. So I've noticed she puts more pressure on the left paw than the right. Which could give her that awkward stance.

Forgive me I have the flu and I'm not thinking straight. I get my lefts and rights mixed up on a good day, so imagine today.

Its her left paw that is sensitive and she puts more pressure on the right paw. I was just watching her a few minutes ago and I was mistaken.
    So I gave the wrong info, silly me.

We don't know what causes her paw to hurt/be more sensitive. She has been that way since before we adopted her. She has been checked out over it, but nothing really stood out to be wrong with her paw.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sagebrush View Post
    She's a bit weak in the pasterns and a bit easty-westy, not bow-legged. Her left foot seems more affected than the right.

It's not something to be worried about! (unless it was a show dog)

Carla
    Well she is definatly not a show dog. She is just a loveable mutt and my most loyal friend.

She doesn't look bowed to me. Honestly it seems to give that illusion because of her muscles I believe. The way her shoulders curve into her legs, then her "forearm" muscles curve out as well. I looked over and over, it seems like your baby just have some CURVES;)

She'll be just fine. If you're worried about joint/arthritis problems, start giving glucosomine pills with msm. WONDERFUL for pups!!! GOod luck, shes cute!!!

10. She looks good to me...definitely a bully breed mix though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapstickglue View Post
    She looks good to me...definitely a bully breed mix though.
    Think so? She is on the small side. But we have had our theories that she may have some type of bully in her. Being that mom was put down before anyone of any significance ever saw the dogs. We will never know and that is okay. I just know she is great. And she is the reason I got to know the bully breeds. Whether she has any in her or not, she opened my eyes.

12. Quote Originally Posted by SBTlove View Post
    Think so? She is on the small side. But we have had our theories that she may have some type of bully in her. Being that mom was put down before anyone of any significance ever saw the dogs. We will never know and that is okay. I just know she is great. And she is the reason I got to know the bully breeds. Whether she has any in her or not, she opened my eyes.
    Hells yeah! She definitely is to me...especially because of the muscling on her forearms. You really don't see muscling like that outside of bully breeds.

I dont think she is, My guess is she make just look that way to some people since shes a mix breed and has had a little bit more musle in the frount... I wouldnt worry to much enless you notice her having trouble!!!

My cousins dog looks just like yours its a supposed chihuahua pitbull mix but ehh I don't know

Images
    Sasha is, as always, beautiful!!

I didn't notice her looking odd when I met you guys and she certainly didn't act like she was in any pain or anything. I think you just ran into a kook!

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    Sasha is, as always, beautiful!!

I didn't notice her looking odd when I met you guys and she certainly didn't act like she was in any pain or anything. I think you just ran into a kook!
    Quite possibly. Everyone seems to have an opinion, whether they know what they are talking about or not.

I don't think it's a muscle illusion. It's pretty obvious to see, especially in the 2nd and 3rd pictures, that her leg is not aligned properly and points outward.

18. There is something interesting going on with the left leg from appearances, but who cares? Unless you notice limping or reluctance to move, just accept that one leg might be a little unique.

It looks like her elbow turns out, she doesn't look bow legged to me.

She's such a freaking cutie! Kinda makes me think of a midget Mexi, lol.