Paw pads coming off

After a long walk, and running around. I noticed the paw pads on her front legs (heel part) are coming off, there's no meat, or blood showing. She's not limping, and she licks them occasionally.

It just looks like it's exposing another layer of the pad. Is there any special creams I need, or a home remedy I can use.

And I $#@!ume, I must let her rest before she can go out anymore.

2. Get some stuff called Pad Kote. Apply it daily and it will thicken and toughen up the pads :)

While you're at it pick up some Pad Heal too in for when a pad does actually get torn you have it on hand and ready to go. :)

Also Musher's Secret is great, it protects the pats from hot surfaces and snow, even road salt which is bad for animals

Thanx for the thread... very informative... we've had issues like this before and I've always wondered what else I could do.

your probably putting to much stress to soon, you should always try to naturally strengthen the paw pads by a method of building up as I and some like to call it. Walk for let's say 30 minutes or up to an hour the first week then add an extra 30 minutes the next week and so on. Always monitor the paw pads good for you to keep an eye on them, and yes do not do much until they heal ;) I have never had any problems with my girls pads since I have tried to stay within this method and I usually do all walking and running on concrete/street since I live more in a city oriented area.

6. Just get the Pad Kote. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Joey&Zoey View Post
    your probably putting to much stress to soon, you should always try to naturally strengthen the paw pads by a method of building up as I and some like to call it. Walk for let's say 30 minutes or up to an hour the first week then add an extra 30 minutes the next week and so on. Always monitor the paw pads good for you to keep an eye on them, and yes do not do much until they heal ;) I have never had any problems with my girls pads since I have tried to stay within this method and I usually do all walking and running on concrete/street since I live more in a city oriented area.
    running on concrete may be good for toughening up pads, however it is terrible for your and your dogs joints,
    run on gr$#@!, but i understand its hard in cities.
    however my puppy (6 months) gets lots of bindies , after the pads toughen up a bit will they afftect him less?

8. Just get the Pad Kote.
    Boogie can this be picked up at Tractor Supply?

My whole back yard is concrete and it is not good at all for the pad and even the joints for them to be on that all day. I have indoor outdoor carpet in the runs that get replaced often and I am fortunate enough to live close to a carpet factory that gives me scrap carpet for free all the time. I use it in different areas of the yard for them to walk on and lay on.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CelticKarma View Post
    Boogie can this be picked up at Tractor Supply?

My whole back yard is concrete and it is not good at all for the pad and even the joints for them to be on that all day. I have indoor outdoor carpet in the runs that get replaced often and I am fortunate enough to live close to a carpet factory that gives me scrap carpet for free all the time. I use it in different areas of the yard for them to walk on and lay on.
    I woiuldn't swear they don't have it, but have never seen it there. Then again I've never really looked for it there though. Just do a search on it. It is spelled the way I posted it also ;) I've always ordered it online.