1. Head muscle atrophy

Hello there fellow Pit Bull owners/lovers I am searching for info on aging Pit bulls, my female is 10 and along with a bout of Lymes disease has over the past few months developed muscle atrophy on the left side of her head...it looks caved in. She seems fine but I am concerned.

Welcome - have you taken er to the vet, and what wre his/her comments?

3. Yes, the vet said muscle atrophy but did not know why it was one sided...said it had nothing to do with the Lymes .

Any ideas and thanks for the reply.

I am afraid that I have no answers for you :(, but recommend you repost your question in our Health Forums for more views and possible responses :)

5. Thank you, I will do that.

Welcome. :)

7. I have experiencing the same thing with my 7 year old female - left side of her big pitbull head just caved in. We have done a biopsy, and she has been on antibiotics for weeks with no results. They initially thought it was a bacteria. They are now researching Masticatory Muscle Myositis and have put her on Prednisone (steroids).

Similar Threads

1. muscle jumping in head and jaw
    By APBTMOMMY in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 06:56 PM
  2. How to counter muscle atrophy?
    By Good_OL_Boy in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 11:17 PM
  3. sheeps head,goats head,plant of a million stickers
    By BlaznJon in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 10:15 AM
  4. WTF Muscle
    By youknow2 in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 10:29 PM
  5. Head to Head: Column wasn't fair to pit bulls
    By firedrake13 in forum Pit Bull News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 10:40 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

muscle atrophy in dogs head

dog muscle atrophy in the head

pitbull head musclecanine muscle atrophy of the headmuscle wastage in dogs headdog atrophy headside of dogs head caved inhead atrophy in dogsatrophy in dogs headcanine muscle atrophy headmuscle wasting dogs headmuscle wasting pit bull dogsmuscle atrophy in dog headstaffordshire bull terrier head muscle wastagedog head caved indog head muscle atrophymuscle wasting in dogs headsmuscle wasting in dogs headmy dogs head caved indogs head caved indog muscle wasting in headmuscle wasting in puppy headpitbull head caved inwhy is my dogs head has caved indogs head caves in on one sidemussel loss in my pittbulls headdogs muscle atrophy headmuscle wasting in pit bullskull caved in for pit bullswhy has one side of my dogs head caved inmuscle atrophy head dogdogs head caved in on one sidemuscle atrophy of the head in dogsmuscle atrophy on top of the head in dogsdog head atrophy