how much will she weigh full grown??

So she went to the vet for her rabies shot yesterday (I tried to hold off as long as possiable but the other day a cop stopped me and asked if she was liscensed I told her was just only 7 months and didn't have all her shots yet. He said she should have been liscened by 6 months and that hell let me off with a warning this time next time its a 100 dollar fine, I thought it was 1 year but w/e it scared me enough to get her rabies done) and she weights 37.6lbs. At 18 inches at the shoulders about how big do you think she'll be fully grown? I get a lot of people who tell me she's gonna be big but she seems fairly small to me.

I am also curious as how to determine adult weight/size. I have seen the size chart that has the diagrams of a dog (emaciated, very thin, .. ideal, heavy, overweight) but I was looking for something in "pounds" but can't seem to find it. I may have overlooked it, and if so, I apologize.
    I took my pup to the vet yesterday for her 6 week shots and she weighed 6 & 1/2 lbs. She will be 7 weeks on Thursday. I will be interested to see if anyone has any opinion on her adult size & weight.

Theres no way to tell how much a puppy is going to weight when its grown you can only guess.

Best you can do is give an educated guess.
    It helps to know the parents and understand the dogs body.

My female is a good example. Her sire is/was72 lbs chain weight and 24" at withers, Dam is 46 chain weight and 20" at withers. My guess based on my dog being female and favoring the dam in looks and the sire in attitude, was to estimate her at/around 40-45lbs.

In actuality she is 2+yrs, 23.5" tall and 53lbs slightly exercised, she has a natrually conditioned look. She now favors the sire's build and attitude. Best one can do is treat it like a game and see how well you do.

Well I kinda just wanted an estimate...

At 6 months Bailey was 38 and at 8 months she was 50lbs.
    With nearly no info id guess 60ish max.
    Now we wait and see.

What info could you provide us? A bloodline, what about her sire and dam? Is she muscular or just thick?

Why did you wait so long to have her rabies done? My puppy's rabies were done at 12wks, and have heard similar things from other people. All of his shots were done by 4 months old.

But anyways, when I took Peyton to the vet recently to have his re-scrape done for Demodex, I asked how big she thought he'd get. With him being 7 months, she said he's pretty much done growing bone structuarlly, meaning he wouldn't be getting too much taller if any but he may fill out a bit more.

So idk, maybe that helps?

Images
    I would never put off getting their shots, there's always a worse case scenario, but I'm a "worse case scenario" believing kinda person. :rolleyes:

Impossible to know without knowing the history of the parents, grandparents, etc. You can guess.... she will probably be somewhere in between what both her parents weights/heights are, and her grandparents. If you take the 4 of each, add and divide, you will get an "average" range of where she will more than likely fall. However, if you don't know the parents/grandparents weights/heights, it's a crap shoot. A lot too, will depend on bloodline. Taking a guess, I'd say she probably will only grow an inch or two more, but she should fill out some more, maybe average out to around 50-60 lbs, or close to that, but again, that's just taking a guess. I think at 7 months, Bella was about 45-50lbs, and now she's at 70. Granted, I have no idea her background, or even what she's mixed with, if anything. She's not a completely conditioned dog, and with her legs, she doesn't get as much exercise as she would if she had no health issues, but she's not chunky, she's just big. I haven't measured her height, I need to do that, but again, I have no idea what her genetic background is.

Actual bloodline I don't exactly know I did see her parents and grandparents though. Her fathers shorter than her her mothers taller than her. She's around the same height as her grandparents. But she weights less then them all... partially because thyre kinda fat lol. She's not thick though I could try to put more weight on her and it would never happen she's just too active.
    And about waiting about the rabies I had a few people tell me to wait until she's a little older before getting her rabies. I see maybe I shouldn't have....sorry :(

There's no way you can know exactly, but given what she weighs now she will probably be midrange for an apbt female. They aren't huge dogs, I have no idea why people want these huge fat $#@! dogs...

As a comparison, my friend's RR puppy was 40lbs at six months when she adopted him. He is now 2.5 years old and weighs just under 50lbs. He could very well be mixed, who the hell can tell with a shelter mutt, but really all his characteristics still point toward RR even though he is a ridgeless runt. Actually a good breeding program would throw ridgeless once in while, just because genetically speaking it'll pop up once in a blue moon if they are breeding for the right things and not looks only.

Most cities/towns/etc. require that all puppies/dogs be licensed by around 3 months of age. At least all the ones in my area do. You need to look up your city's code in regards to dog licensing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PeytonLove View Post
    Why did you wait so long to have her rabies done? My puppy's rabies were done at 12wks, and have heard similar things from other people. All of his shots were done by 4 months old.

But anyways, when I took Peyton to the vet recently to have his re-scrape done for Demodex, I asked how big she thought he'd get. With him being 7 months, she said he's pretty much done growing bone structuarlly, meaning he wouldn't be getting too much taller if any but he may fill out a bit more.

So idk, maybe that helps?
    You can't say should have done like me and got at 12 weeks. Rabies shots vary state to state. I live in California and the law would't allow someone to get rabies at 12 weeks.

Where in that post did I say "should have done like me and got at 12wks" ? I didn't. Thanks. Surley the state of California doesn't make a puppy wait till past 6 months old to have rabies done?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
    Most cities/towns/etc. require that all puppies/dogs be licensed by around 3 months of age. At least all the ones in my area do. You need to look up your city's code in regards to dog licensing.
    Yeah I think my city requires you to have a Rabies vaccine and license by the time they're 4 months old.

Oh wow its actually 4 months...I guess I did get lucky... why was I under the impression that it was 4 smh

At 7 months old my boy was 46lbs and solid (not fat by any means but not lean like I keep him now) and now at 1 1/2 hes right around 61lbs (he was a 68lbs, at around 1 yr, when he was more solid but due to him already having bad hips I now keep him pretty lean so as not to have any unecessicary weight on his hips

I dont think you can even get an accurate guess from people who cant see your dog because people keep dogs at different weights. Some people keep dogs more solid some leaner and some have plain old fat dogs while others go between several or all 3. So like with my boy, giving his weight at 7 months compared to his weight now isnt a good judge to compare another dog to because at 7 months/1 yr he was solid while now at 1 1/2 hes now lean.

I agree with Chevy, its more a guessing game and you just have to wait for your dog to grow up before you know if you were right or not.

Images
    Ok... I have only one thing to add to this thread.......

Okay these aren't really the best quality, I'm waiting for cyber Monday to get my nixon lol but here you go

These were taken this morning, sorry she wouldn't keep her head still for any of the pictures she was busy chewing on her stick