Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Those great dogs that went to the bridge in 2010

This is kind of a memorial for all the dear canine/feline and other animal friends we lost this year. This thread is for everyone to post and share about the great animals that are no longer with us.

You may be gone buy you are not forgotten.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glint on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
    I am the swift, uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry.
    I am not there, I did not die!
    By Mary Frye

Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green gr$#@!, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Some Great dogs passed away this year. I'm afraid I knew quite a few animals that passed this year so I'll leave it at 3.

Cinnemon: (Lab mix...Old Age I $#@!ume) Passed away 3/29/10, one of the best dogs I ever knew. She was at my Dad's when she died, so I never got to say good-bye. But she died in my Dad's arms. She had been sick a few days prior but seemed to be doing better. Than at 4 am she started barking funny. My Dad came out and sat down with her and just had her lay in his lap. Wasn't even 5 minutes later that she died. She was calling for him so she didn't have to be alone and I think so she could say good-bye.

Skooter: (Dachshund 5 years old. IVDD) 04/2010. Intervertebral Disc Disease. Became paralyzed in the hind legs, on Friday. By monday he had not responded to any kind of treatment and had become paralyzed in the front legs as well. His owners choose to put him down.

Zachary "Trouble": (Poodle 2.5 years old. Gasto issues/Cancer) 8/15/2007 - 5/17/2010. He was a good boy. He was sick his whole life. But he was a fighter and did a lot for a lot of people in his short life. His life was short but meaningful. Losing him was the hardest thing I ever had to do.

2. perdue's homewrecker, 4 years old:

~please test your broodstock for cerebellar ataxia!~

Images
    Madeleine - Age 9 years

Please contibute to Canine Cancer research ...

This month, she would have turned 10, but spleenic sarcoma took her life.

R.I.P., my sweet - I miss you very much.

And R.I.P,, Perdue's Homewrecker, he was gorgeous.

Last edited by Madeleinemom; 10-11-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleinemom View Post
    Please contibute to Canine Cancer research ...

I second that. Zachary "Trouble" would have been 3 years old in August. But we firmly believe a form of Gastrointestinal cancer took him from us in May it was never confirmed though. So I second that.

Here are some photos of my little buddy. Never again will I have another poodle. Not because I don't like the breed because I love the breed. But because I already had the best and no other poodle could compare to him. So for me its time to move away from that breed. I still love you and miss you every day little buddy.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

And here is good old Cinnemon. She had a good long life, but it wasn't long enough. That is the thing about dogs, they are here only long enough to give us a taste of heaven.

I'm not going to post any photos of Skooter because I'm not sure the owner would want his picture up on the internet or not. So out of respect for them I will not.

To quote Emily Dickinson "Parting is all we know of heaven, and all we need of hell."

Images
    Dutch, my old lady.. So gentle and sweet. She did not deserve the pain in torment she got in her last hours.
    The vet suspected she had cancer, she was deaf, and ironically she died from bloat.

Last edited by Poisoned; 10-12-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned View Post
    Dutch, my old lady.. So gentle and sweet. She did not deserve the pain in torment she got in her last hours.
    The vet suspected she had cancer, she was deaf, and ironically she died from bloat.

So sorry to hear that, she was such a pretty dog

Pumpkin, 18 years old, she was my best friend I had the pleasure of knowing her her entire life and I hope that she has found peace. She died of kidney failur but she had cancer as well.

Images
    So sorry for everyone's loss. :(

Ginger Snap 1998 - 2010

We had her 2003 - January of this year. We inherited her from my grandmother when she passed away but knew Ginger her whole life.

She was the most quirky dog ever but a sweet girl. We put her down because she was losing her quality of life and very inbred. Her mom was a lab and her dad was a corgi. RIP sweet girl, we loved you.

to all of you that have lost your babies.

My buddys dog Taz went out like a true warrior. RIP buddy.

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=59114

Ella who was not quite 7 years old.
    We let her go because within 3 weeks, lymphoma was rapidly invading her organs and she was in pain. I miss her still soooooo much. She was, and forever will be, my heart dog. And we didn't quite get 4 years with her, but it didn't take that long for me to realize she was my soul dog.

Quote Originally Posted by chewbecca View Post
    No matter how bad of a day ive had it always makes me smile when i see a pic of Ella. R.I.P pretty girl.

thank you!
    She was the best damn dog EVER. Such drive. There wasn't anything she wouldn't do for a ball.

And when I look at my pups now, I think, "Ella! You could have AT LEAST made sure you sent me one with HALF the ball drive you had!!!"

Images

Maxx, adopted Aug. 12, 1999--July 4, 2010 7:45pm

I've avoided this thread, because I knew how much it would open the wound that has finally started to scab over. But, I also want to honor my Maxx boy...

I adopted Maxx when he was 2-3 years old from the Humane Society. I had him for 11 years before I had to have him put down. That Sunday morning, I knew what had to be done.. it seemed to come on so suddenly, I didn't have time to prepare for it, even though I had been mentally telling myself it wasn't going to be much longer. I had even told the vet that 2 weeks before when Maxx went in for his last haircut... he was getting old, and I knew his time was limited. He got to live the last year pretty much doing whatever he wanted, or didn't want. If he didn't want to go outside, he didn't have to... he got extra cheese slices, he got extra belly rubs, he got extra cookies (dog biscuits)... whatever he wanted, he got.

His blanket is still laying where it was, his bowl still has his food in it... I can't bear to put them away... not yet. Putting them away forces me to realize he is gone, so for now, they are still where he left them.

This was Maxx in all his glory, with all that hair!!! It was such a hassle, but I miss running my fingers through it so much.... I miss looking into those amber eyes... I miss that 3 bark series that he did when he wanted in, or out, or dinner... :o

This was always my favorite haircut of his. Mr. Billy that always did such a great job with him, retired last year, so this was the last time he would get his regal "Lion cut". This picture is still my wallpaper on my computer at work, and at home. This was taken the summer of 08.

Maxx and his buddy, Titus... Titus misses him. Maxx was the only dog that Titus never messed with, never picked on, never argued with.. Sometimes, when I say Maxx's name, Titus will turn his head and perk up his ears. He knows who I'm talking about, and I know he misses him. He was his "big brother" for 4 years, and Maxx taught him how to be a good boy.

And this was taken 2 weeks before I lost him.. I didn't like the cut, but the girl that was doing them was new, so I didn't fuss. No one could cut it like Mr Billy, but he seemed happy, he ran around the back yard (as much as his old body would), and seemed to be happy to just be with me. I actually took pictures of him the day I lost him, he was laying on the deck.... but the pictures, he's sleeping in them, and to me, to look too much like he had already passed. So I just look at this one, when I want to remember his last weeks. He will forever be my "Maxx boy", and I will forever miss him. He is in my heart, and he will never leave me, but I miss that bark so much.

They leave our touch, but they never leave our hearts.... may they all play together at the bridge, until the day comes when they stop, wait, perk their ears to hear better, quiver with excitement.... and then run like a bullet to greet us.... balls in mouth Chewbecca, slobber and all. :o
    Last edited by Mollie's Nana; 10-15-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Too many good ones this year. But atleast we have gained guardian angels.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I'll admit I'm pretty scared right now with the health issues and I just asked my husband. "Do you think our boy ever comes and visits us" He said "He probably does" and I said "Good because I really need him more than ever right now"

Whenever I was sick or under the weather he was always right with me, just as I was with him. Right now I need him and sometimes I do feel like I feel his presence. It may be my imagination and wishful thinking. But sometimes it feels like he is still here.

Images
    SBTlove, he is with you always.... you may not be able to see him, or touch him... but he is always by your side. He will never leave you, not really leave you. His body may be gone, but he isn't. Close your eyes and you will feel his presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    SBTlove, he is with you always.... you may not be able to see him, or touch him... but he is always by your side. He will never leave you, not really leave you. His body may be gone, but he isn't. Close your eyes and you will feel his presence.

He was looking out for me last night. But I will share that with you at another time. Lets just say I needed a guardian angel last night.

Okay, I totally cried like a girl reading through these. RIP to all the wonderful dogs who've passed this year.

And I got Lily a "For Ella" collar in pink and black to benefit canine cancer research. I just haven't gotten around to getting out the camera yet.

I actually lost my horse to melanoma 9-11-2009 and even though its been a year I still tear up thinking/talking about it. It never makes a difference how many years you've had to prepare for it, it still is a huge blow. I would not hesitate to give another melanoma horse a home though.

I went on my first ride in two years about a month ago. Thank you Rio the Peruvian Paso gelding for reminding me of the one thing that makes me truly content. You aren't my boy, but you could tell what I needed. I think that was more healing than any passage of time.

So many animals I knew were lost this year. It's difficult to think about because I loved them all even if most were not mine.

Gizmo, my aunts dog, was a funny liitle Shih Tzu. He had a joy you wouldnt believe. He spent most of his life blind in one eye but he sure didnt act like any thing was wrong. Angel her 16 year old cat passed from old age. He lived to be in your lap.

Haylee my best friends grey tabby was only a year old and unfortunaley caught FIP and died of fluid build up. Belladona and Kookie were two kittens also belonging to my best friend. They were the runts of the litter and couldn't fight off an infection. Brutus Beefcakes passed away from old age. He was born in my friends house and died there as well. All he wanted was a hand on his head.

Finally My baby boy Simba. I had him since I was seven. He lived for thirteen years. Thirteen years of joy and happiness. I left for college and came back only to find my mother began to leave him outside because he couldn't hold his bladder anymore. Maggots got to him and began to eat him from inside out. We had him PTS to end his pain. RIP big boy. I'll miss you forever.

RIP to the many beautiful dogs already mentioned...

Red belonged to a friend of mine and passed away in April of cancer. He was the coolest dog around...spent most of his life in a bad situation then ended up with a wonderful family with two daughters and two other dogs as his best friends. He changed so many people's minds about the breed and has left a big hole for anyone who knew him.

One for my G/C Lady Tessa.
    It's been 10 months & I think I miss Tessa more with each passing day. I lost her in Jan & although I know she is free to run without pain it still makes me sad to know she is not here with me. She was truly my "heart" dog. I miss you so much Bratly!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast