Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solid black

1. Solid black

Hi everyone i was wondering if a solid black bull terrier is common, havent seen one before but there is one for sale and wanted to know. I was thinking it might be like the liver ones where they are undesirabe. Any input would be nice, thanks in advance

2. I think I'm right in saying the solid blacks are actually black brindles. But I could be very wrong! Either way, it's VERY unusual. Don't think it's "undesirable" as the livers are supposed to be. But again, I might be wrong.
    I've only seen a few in pictures and they were very striking looking.
    Love to see a pic of the one you have seen for sale if poss?

3. The puppy is on puppyfind, if u go to bull terrier then set location to united states and california, its near the end "blacky". Its about a 15 min drive from where I am, he also sent me pics through the phone but i wouldnt know how to post it here

4. They are called a solid black brindle ..
    It ent the most undesirable colour but it is undesirable if that makes sense,
    Usually when we have had them in litters they can be very hard to find homes for and are always the last to leave !
    People still buy them as pets though :)

Bull Terrier Puppies for Sale: Blackie

Solid black is rare...in most cases the dog may look solid black but it should have some brindle pattern mixed in even if its very slight...I cant see the pics up close but I wonder if this puppy is pure or not..from what I can see it does not look pure to me or is of verrrry old fashioned head...

this bitch is very black, with very slight brindle

Bull Terrier Pictures

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    Bull Terrier Puppies for Sale: Blackie

Solid black is rare...in most cases the dog may look solid black but it should have some brindle pattern mixed in even if its very slight...I cant see the pics up close but I wonder if this puppy is pure or not..from what I can see it does not look pure to me or is of verrrry old fashioned head...

this bitch is very black, with very slight brindle

Bull Terrier Pictures
    Hucklebutt solid black brindle is not rare ..in fact we see many litters over here with them in...its not a rare colour like solid red or black&tan or liver etc
    I do agree with you about the pup in that advert tho ..as it looks very much a cross !

I dont see many solid blacks with minimal brindle (very very light brindle) mixed in very often. Dont they typically have white on the chest? Bowzer's dad is a black brindle and has white on the chest as well.

8. Thanks everyone, if it looks like a cross i will p$#@!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    I dont see many solid blacks with minimal brindle (very very light brindle) mixed in very often. Dont they typically have white on the chest? Bowzer's dad is a black brindle and has white on the chest as well.
    We tend to see a lot of solid black brindle's when you have a strong colour mating ..Tri to Tri or black brindle to tri or Black brindle to black brindle...a friend of mines foundation bitch seems to always get them in her litters...they can be really hard to find homes for as its imo not a pretty colour is it !
    I usually prefer to have at least one of the dogs in the mating to be predominantly white...unless its a red on red mating :D

My bigger concern is that you're looking for a dog on puppyfind. If you want a GOOD dog, that's not where you should be looking. Mostly money grubbing, back yard breeders selling crap examples of dogs from all breeds. Check out bull terrier clubs in your area, or, if you're looking for a companion, there are plenty in rescue.

Really Garry? I would absolutely adore a solid black brindle, with as little brindle as possible too. I would totally love to have one.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    Really Garry? I would absolutely adore a solid black brindle, with as little brindle as possible too. I would totally love to have one.
    Why :confused: do you think the colour suits the breed ?? i dont dont think it does ...but i suppose its all down to your own taste !
    I like drays black and tan males colour ...yet that colour some people dis like !

I think color is just color. Its just a preference thing, not something that does or doesn't suit the breed. But yes, I would love a solid black brindle I fancy them. :)

14. Charlie's dad is said to be a solid black and white... Although I don't see any brindle on him he may have had a minimal amount? I'm not sure but you can tell he is not a cross and I as well like the color.

Quote Originally Posted by jreyes View Post
    Charlie's dad is said to be a solid black and white... Although I don't see any brindle on him he may have had a minimal amount? I'm not sure but you can tell he is not a cross and I as well like the color.

wow! He looks awesome!! I like that color!

Yes Batman was very unique in his coloring (RIP) and is unique looking with the rest of him as well, he also produced several solid black pups.

17. i would love to have one like him.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
    My bigger concern is that you're looking for a dog on puppyfind. If you want a GOOD dog, that's not where you should be looking. Mostly money grubbing, back yard breeders selling crap examples of dogs from all breeds. Check out bull terrier clubs in your area, or, if you're looking for a companion, there are plenty in rescue.
    That was my thought.

It's important to make sure you thoroughly research your breeder and do not get your puppy from a backyard breeder. These are some great links about what to look for in a breeder:
    http://www.pbrc.net/breeding3.html
    http://www.animallaw.info/articles/o...ysaletable.htm
    http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=9367
    http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=9373
    http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=9370
    http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=9376

19. Yea i know getting one from a good breeder is better, just that the unusual color caught my eyes. I was thinking runamuk bull terrier which is also near me, any feed back on that would be nice. The main reason i'm reason i'm thinking of getting one is so that my 3 and a half year old bull terrier has a buddy, she gets so excited when she sees other dogs but being a bull terrier the owners usually walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by camalathao View Post
    Yea i know getting one from a good breeder is better, just that the unusual color caught my eyes. I was thinking runamuk bull terrier which is also near me, any feed back on that would be nice. The main reason i'm reason i'm thinking of getting one is so that my 3 and a half year old bull terrier has a buddy, she gets so excited when she sees other dogs but being a bull terrier the owners usually walk away.
    They seem decent and it looks like they deal with quicksilver who is a very reputable kennel. I would just ask about health testing.

Home - RUNAMUK Bull Terriers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast