Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1. pitbull discrimination at petsmart

    hello all. My girlfriend took my 5 month old apbt to petsmart to pic out a new toy for him.Normally i go with them but i was working.As they were walking into the store a large woman ran up to her.Aden,our puppy,immediately sat down right between them.She started explaining loudly and very rudely how she needed to take the dog back outside until she had time to "find" her child who was running around the store because she didnt feel safe knowing there was a psycho pitbull in the same store as her kid.She also said that she didnt want to be anywhere around when my girlfriend lost control of this killer. I couldnt believe it when she was telling me this as aden is only a puppy and he is the sweetest,most calm,and approachable dog i have ever had or seen. What is wrong with these people? Shes saying that my girl is going to loose control of the dog and she dont even know where her kid is!!! Aden is always under control wherever we go,i get compliments all the time on how well behaved he is.He's been to petsmart several times and all the clerks and customers love him,they just walk right up and pet him.He goes everywhere with us,im with him 24/7. I work in an auto repair shop so i take him with me and there are parts delivery people who buy special treats just for him,they dont even have dogs.He gets love from everyone and shows love to everyone. Cant believe there are people that are that completely stupid,not totally sure how i would have handled that situation.I would have loved to just go off on her but that wouldnt have done anything to help the breed or breed owners,so i probably would have just tried to introduced her child to mine and see who is better behaved. My girlfriend just said whatever and continued shopping.No apoloiges from petsmart they just told her that it "happens all the time".....good job petsmart!!!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    hello all. My girlfriend took my 5 month old apbt to petsmart to pic out a new toy for him.Normally i go with them but i was working.As they were walking into the store a large woman ran up to her.Aden,our puppy,immediately sat down right between them.She started explaining loudly and very rudely how she needed to take the dog back outside until she had time to "find" her child who was running around the store because she didnt feel safe knowing there was a psycho pitbull in the same store as her kid.She also said that she didnt want to be anywhere around when my girlfriend lost control of this killer. I couldnt believe it when she was telling me this as aden is only a puppy and he is the sweetest,most calm,and approachable dog i have ever had or seen. What is wrong with these people? Shes saying that my girl is going to loose control of the dog and she dont even know where her kid is!!! Aden is always under control wherever we go,i get compliments all the time on how well behaved he is.He's been to petsmart several times and all the clerks and customers love him,they just walk right up and pet him.He goes everywhere with us,im with him 24/7. I work in an auto repair shop so i take him with me and there are parts delivery people who buy special treats just for him,they dont even have dogs.He gets love from everyone and shows love to everyone. Cant believe there are people that are that completely stupid,not totally sure how i would have handled that situation.I would have loved to just go off on her but that wouldnt have done anything to help the breed or breed owners,so i probably would have just tried to introduced her child to mine and see who is better behaved. My girlfriend just said whatever and continued shopping.No apoloiges from petsmart they just told her that it "happens all the time".....good job petsmart!!!
    So why is it petsmarts fault? Why do they need to apologize? It isn't the store's fault that some moron was shopping there.

  3. didnt say it was discrimination by petsmart,i said at petsmart.Kinda funny that a pet store is the only place this happend.My dog even goes to blockbuster with me,i have never had a problem anywhere else.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    didnt say it was discrimination by petsmart,i said at petsmart.Kinda funny that a pet store is the only place this happend.My dog even goes to blockbuster with me,i have never had a problem anywhere else.
    No, you didn't say it was the store, but you did say this:

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    No apoloiges from petsmart they just told her that it "happens all the time".....good job petsmart!!!
    It looks to me, by the way you wrote it, that you were expecting some sort of apology from the store...

  5. #5
    They shoukd have reprimanded the woman for acting like that towards another customer

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    6,069
    Images
    6
    People are idiots, just smile at them and keep going... You know better, pity them for their ignorance and don't let it bother you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    895
    Images
    8
    I would have told the lady that she is a dumb$#@! for letting her child roam freely around petsmart. Who knows how many dogs that child was running up to without having mom around to tell them that is not a good idea...

  8. I wasnt looking for compensation from petsmart but they could have apoligized for the way the customer acted.Im totally aware that they have no control over the actions of the customers but it would have been courteous of them.

  9. #9
    I take mine there all the time, their vet is there as well. Padfoot is going on 6 months and looks full grown. He is the fave puppy of the vets and their staff. The PetSmart employees adore him and run to see their lil buddy each time we go in. And customers love him too. Mums bring their kids up to him to pet him and people go out of their way to come to him, asking to give him love. He is such a lil man $#@!...a total chic magnet. If I want a new gf in the future, I am so using him to help me LOL We love going on an outing there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    va/nc line
    Posts
    1,288
    Images
    4
    You shouldn't even be taking your dogs to these places,you dont know if someone has brought in a dog that had parvo or anything else. Think about it.Keep your dogs safe,hell my vet will not allow new dogs into his building until he gives them their shots or the cust. shows proof of vaccs.

  11. #11
    So you met a moron...welcome to the real world.

  12. Thats true their could have been a dog there with parvo or who knows what else,but, i take him everywhere with me.He could just as easily pick something from taking him on a walk or to the dog park where he plays with all the other neighborhood dogs. I totally understand your point but he gets all his shots,i only feed him a mix of natures variety dry kibble with raw beef and chicken,and he gets a multivitiman every day.I'd like to think that between all that hes pretty healthy and has a strong immune system.I am afraid of him getting sick or something worse as for now he is like our son but at the same time i want him to be outside with lots of interaction of all types. He's done great so far and when he goes to the vet he never has anything wrong,which is always great to hear.

    ---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

    I was just reading some of the other forums on dog parks. By getting information from the other members who posted in that forum i will not be taking him to the dog park again,too much risk and seems like asking for trouble. thanks to all for the great info! I'll be sticking to long walks from now on.

  13. #13
    You should have told her the truth.the number one killer of small children is their irresponsible parents.Not dogs and it happens every day.Then where did you say your child was ?

  14. #14
    Well, I have to go in PetSmart...that is where my babies vets are located. I was worried about him picking up parvo or something being in there but with him having had all shots and stuff, and him being extremely healthy...its low risk. Dog parks are another story. I would be afraid of parasites there that might be in poop not cleaned up.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Northwest!
    Posts
    11,588
    Images
    6
    Morons are everywhere. Just keep your head up and walk away is the best thing you can do or try to educate.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Murder Mitten
    Posts
    6,797
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaznJon View Post
    You should have told her the truth.the number one killer of small children is their irresponsible parents.Not dogs and it happens every day.Then where did you say your child was ?
    I would have said that^^^.:D

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,836
    Images
    19
    A village called....they were missing they're idiot.....I told them she was at petsmart looking for her lost offspring.:D

    Anyhoo, trust me this will NOT be the last time/only place you will run into this. Get thick skin,because it will never stop-no matter HOW well behaved your pit bull is. people are morons.

  18. #18
    should of told her while she is bitching about a 5 mo puppy chester could be giving her lost kid a lollie pop

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Murder Mitten
    Posts
    6,797
    Quote Originally Posted by G-X View Post
    should of told her while she is bitching about a 5 mo puppy chester could be giving her lost kid a lollie pop
    Or luring him into his windowless creeper van with a box of kittens. A dumb girl I went to school with almost got into some creepy guy's van because he had some kittens, I kid you not. And she was like 17.

    I know when I was a kid, I'd rather be bit by a dog than molested. I'm sure most kids and parents would agree.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    inland empire CA
    Posts
    645
    As I was once told you and your girlfriend need tough skin to own this breed of dog there is a lot of ignorance out there and you guys got to learn to deal with it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. pitbull discrimination?
    By Bearsmom in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 01:24 PM
  2. dog discrimination?
    By Ianmoone in forum Pit Bull Puppy Discussions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 08:05 PM
  3. more discrimination against my vicious pitbull
    By lu1387 in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 06:30 AM
  4. No dog discrimination
    By Suzanne in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 07:45 PM
  5. Stop the discrimination
    By Ash84 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 10:17 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

pit bull discrimination

pitbull discrimination articles

pitbull discrimination storiesstop pitbull discriminationpitbull discrimination historypitbull discrimination speechpetsmart pitbullpitbulls discriminationdiscrimination on pitbullspitbull discriminationcan pitbulls go into petsmartpittbull descriminationdiscrimination of pitbullswhy is discrimination on pitbullspit bull laws discriminationpitbull discriminatoinpetsmart discriminationare pitbulls discriminateddiscrimination pitbullspitbull discrimination posterpitbull discrimination articlediscrimination to pitbullspit bulls discrimination:.orgstop pit bull discriminationpitbull discrimintionpitbull descrimanationpetsmart and pitbull discriminationpitbull discrimination leads topitt bull petsmarthow to deal with pitbull discriminationdiscrimination ob pit bullspitbull at petsmarthow to stop pitbull discriminationpetsmart and pitbullspetsmart not take pit bull

Bookmarks