My 'full blooded red nose pit'

We were taking a walk and a woman asked 'she's beautiful is she mixed with a dalmatian?' and the man with her goes "no way, she a full blooded red nose pit, mhmm".

"What is a red nose, and why do I haz one?"

Red vs. Pink

the butterfly nose makes her a red nose? LOL

So cute! some people are just dumb.

Not sure about the red nose but I totally see the Dalmation :)

I've met a couple of people where I work that have white "pit bulls" and because they have some of the black pigmentation of the skin, they were telling me that they think their dog is mixed with dalmation... I wonder if they realize any white dog can have some black pigmentation. Your girl is pretty, but yea, people are morons

An older man asked me the other day if Luigi was a "red pit nose bulldog" I just couldn't think of what to say!

DOH LILLY!

I had some guy when Guinness was a puppy pick up his lips and looked at his teeth and said.. "Oh yea.. definitely full blooded. you can tell by the teeth" I was like.. "he has puppy teeth?" Another time the cable guy asked me what kind of "pit" i had. I just said.. the average kind? He proceeded to tell me that he was a red nose because he had the butterfly nose. Guinness has like a chocolate nose.. so he's a rare chocolate nose pit :) People are stupid and I love your little girl

Haha, when I took Murphy and MJ into a local vet (trying them out) a vet tech asked to see their teeth (probably trying to sell me cleanings on a 22month old and a 3 month old) and he goes "oh, they have dark spots on the roof of their mouth, they'll get mean and turn on you" and i asked "why do you say that?" and he says "any pit bulls with black or dark color in their mouths are mean"... ugh, people sometimes make me want to go on massive EDUCATION sprees!

LMAO! I love the red vs. pink comparison picture! hahahaha..

Dude, seriously though, Lily is so F'ing cute man. I absolutely adore her. I want her to give me some pittie kisses! LOL.

But as far as the pit thing goes..

At least the 'pits' you guys have ARE indeed pits. I've gotten a couple responses of people asking me if my MASTIFF was a pitbull. However, its not pronounced PIT-BULL.. its pronounced PIT-BOOL to them. *sigh*

11. some people

Kind of off point but still talking about general ignorence. I was walking down the path by the river with bailey was about 8 to 10 months on leash just casually strolling with my puppy when woman walking down with a mature adult lab when she looked at me and my dog (at the time showed no DA at all) she picked her dog up under her arm and walked about 50yrds past me! even now still cant believe what happend that day.

Thanks guys. Yup, people don't know what they're saying.
    I also get weird looks from people when I bike with her; when we stopped for a breather today one woman asked me why I'm forcing my dog to exercise. :eek: I said I don't force her to do anything, got on my bike, and said "go go go!" and Lily took off pulling me full speed. Yup, I sure force her to exercise. :rolleyes:

Man, I'll give you $2000 for one of those rare dalmation red nosed pit pups.

Poor Lily! How dare you make her exercise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by omgrobyn View Post
    Man, I'll give you $2000 for one of those rare dalmation red nosed pit pups.

Poor Lily! How dare you make her exercise!!!
    It's a goldmine! I'll make sure to charge people $5000 for a bitch fee even though she's spayed, because obviously the fact that she has no uterus doesn't mean $#@! to people.

Due to their ignorance I have called numerious people by various names, then wait for their faces to change. I called a man a red head, one guy a black nose, a white nose, and a lady gl$#@! face. They will give you a strange look then you can tell them you don't reffer to any animal by the color of its nose. I then walk off. At which point some will come to see what you are talking about, that one person may want to learn at which time I give them a breif bit of info. Don't want to overload them, they are slow enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 4PawsK9Svcs View Post
    Haha, when I took Murphy and MJ into a local vet (trying them out) a vet tech asked to see their teeth (probably trying to sell me cleanings on a 22month old and a 3 month old) and he goes "oh, they have dark spots on the roof of their mouth, they'll get mean and turn on you" and i asked "why do you say that?" and he says "any pit bulls with black or dark color in their mouths are mean"... ugh, people sometimes make me want to go on massive EDUCATION sprees!
    Well I just checked Lucy's mouth, no dark spots, looks like I'm in the clear.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LilianaLove View Post
    It's a goldmine! I'll make sure to charge people $5000 for a bitch fee even though she's spayed, because obviously the fact that she has no uterus doesn't mean $#@! to people.
    I get so many people asking me if I'll ever get any puppies from Lucy or Ethel anytime soon, even after I tell them they're spayed, then tell them they've had hysterectomies so they have no reproductive organs and therefore cannot make puppies. And they tell me to let them know when I have some pups.

Guess I should have gotten their dog vags sewed up too.

18. One of my dogs, Gracie, looks very much like your baby. The shelter labeled her as a pit mix. Personally, I'm not real sure. :-)