Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So the spots on the white APBT’s...

I was noticing most white APBT’s have black spots on them like dalmatians. My APBT, Princess is 90% white and she has major spots, even when she’s not wet. I noticed a couple APBT’s around here with spots, but they’re under 2 years or so. Is this just a puppy thing? Princess’ mother was all white with no stripers, and she was like 3 or 4. They don’t bother me, but inquiring minds would love to know.:D

thats a good thing, good pigment in the dog.

The spots will stick around past puppy hood! Our male has a ton of light blue spots everywhere and is going on 3yrs.

btw its called ticking if youd like to know.

nova is solid white, the only color is his nose.

Thanks for the replies.

I love the ticking, gives her lots of character.

Quote Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
    btw its called ticking if youd like to know.
    Yup yup. Same gene that causes merle coloring. It should only be on the skin. Other colored dogs have it. But obviously you can see it through white fur.

Yep, Rhys has dark patches of skin under his white fur too. :-)

Yep, my Jilly has spots. Most of them are just on her skin, but does have some black hair. To most people it automatically makes her a dalmation mix.

There is a community yard sale going on in my neighborhood, so we encountered about 50 times more people today than we usually do. About 6 people asked me if she was a dalmatian. After I told them she was an APBT a few were like "oh....." and walked away lol. She was wearing her therapy bandana and after I explained they were like "oh what a wonderful dog". :rolleyes: People are strange.

Quote Originally Posted by kathiok View Post
    Yep, my Jilly has spots. Most of them are just on her skin, but does have some black hair. To most people it automatically makes her a dalmation mix.
    People love to say anything but APBT, don’t they? LOL

I own one myself :D my zoey is 95% white but she is ticked pretty good. She grew more as she matured a lot more actually. Mainly along her back and on her forehead. I also get the "a pit bull doesn't have spots is she mixed?" Her ears are brindle and she has a brindle patch over her left eye.

Cassius was all white aside from his black eye as a baby then as he got older he got tonnes of black spots all over him. On the skin, not on the fur. Initially i was worried about this but now hearing that all dogs have them and you can only see them on the white dogs because their fur is white is quite reassuring, thanks :D

Quote Originally Posted by RoseandCassius View Post
    Cassius was all white aside from his black eye as a baby then as he got older he got tonnes of black spots all over him. On the skin, not on the fur. Initially i was worried about this but now hearing that all dogs have them and you can only see them on the white dogs because their fur is white is quite reassuring, thanks :D
    yes as they grow older they certainly sprout more of those spots :p how old is cassius? he looks like a beautiful pup in your avatar if that's him?

Thats him, in the photo he is about 7 weeks old. The photos in my banner were taken more recently (this month) he is 17 months old. He looks very similar to the dog in your avatar lol. Just the same ear coloured and the collar. Maybe thats why you think hes beautiful :D
    Is your dog about the same age? because even the size looks very similar, its like looking at my own dog almost.

Mater has a lot of ticking. We have people ask us if he a Dalmatian mix all the time.

He was only about 14 months here and has actually developed some more spots.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseandCassius View Post
    Thats him, in the photo he is about 7 weeks old. The photos in my banner were taken more recently (this month) he is 17 months old. He looks very similar to the dog in your avatar lol. Just the same ear coloured and the collar. Maybe thats why you think hes beautiful :D
    Is your dog about the same age? because even the size looks very similar, its like looking at my own dog almost.
    Oh I see he's still a pup then and he's probably going to sprout more of those spots! :p he does because of the patch over the left eye and his ears. My girl is 2 years old and 3 months now though :D I do have a spot for the white ones yes ;)

Spots- a journey:

Lily at 8 weeks:

Lily at 17 weeks, compare to Lily belly at 12 months:

Lily now, at 13 months:

19. Wow she does have a lot of spots. I was trying to find out about mine but she only has a couple and you can't really c them

This thread is a blast from the past lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast