1. Orijen vs. Acana

Hello,
    So i want to know which one people think i should feed to my 4.5month old 26lb APBT, can you also tell me why you think that band of food.

Thank you

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Also has any one had any bad experiences with either brand, if so please explain.

Thank you again!!

2. I believe Orijin and Acana are made by the same company overall, just 2 different names. I have had my dogs on Orijin and they did fantastically, the only reason I took them off was to switch to raw. I would have no issues having to feed either Orijin or Acana to my dogs if I had to switch back to kibble.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Hallil View Post
    I believe Orijin and Acana are made by the same company overall, just 2 different names. I have had my dogs on Orijin and they did fantastically, the only reason I took them off was to switch to raw. I would have no issues having to feed either Orijin or Acana to my dogs if I had to switch back to kibble.
    Thank you for your reply, you are correct they are both made by champion in the same factory even. They are IMO the best foods on the market if you look at them tho you will see a difference. Champion came up with Acana to be for economical on your wallet but it has grains although very high quality gain. I am curious to know maybe from others experience in using these two formulas of champion brand food to see what the difference is. all input is very very much appreciated people!!

I started out feeding TOTW.My pup was fine on it but I wasn't impressed with the food after feeding it for a few months.I did a little research and almost started feeding a raw diet,but that was to much of time waster for me.I ended up buying Orijen puppy and my pup does great on it.He has been eating it for 2 months...He is 5 months old now.A plus I noticed right away was his eyes would water every now and then,but on the Orijen they are fine.If you go to Orijen website they have all the research for you to read.So far I'm impressed,and like I said my pup looks and acts great.The only problem I have is I've got to havethe food shipped to me.

I personally only use the grain free formulas of Acana. If I could afford it I'd be using Orijen.

I'd probably feed a puppy the appropriate formula of Orijen Puppy food, but if the higher protien bugs you then the grain free varities of Acana are all life stages and have good cal/phos ratios for a puppy.