Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shorty Rossi, of The Animal Planet Reality Show Pit Boss to Make Tampa Appearance

Shorty Rossi, Star of The Animal Planet Reality Show Pit Boss to Make Tampa Appearance

Tampa, FL, August 17, 2010 --(PR.com)-- Reality TV show star, entertainment guru and pit bull rescuer Shorty Rossi will be in Tampa to promote pit bull rescue and adoption as part of a fundraiser August 28, 2010.

Shorty has lofty ideals, a tough attitude and an entertainment industry Rolodex to help his cause. Together with three friends/employees, Ronald, Ashley and Sebastian they take on the gargantuan task of rescuing, rehabbing and training the most misunderstood of dogs - pit bulls.

The event is being hosted and sponsored by the Don Vicente Inn in celebration of the 10th birthday of Roxy, the owner’s pit bull and is being produced by Little Pet Project, nationally published Tampa pet and glamour photographer and IDEAS4, a Tampa-based marketing and web development company.

The fundraising effort is for Pinups for Pit Bulls, a nationally recognized non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness and funds for the American Pit Bull Terrier & Bully breed dogs and Tampa Bay area pit bull rescue, Pit Stop Bullys.

Party Like A Pinup At Roxy’s Gala, as the event is known, will be a 40's style pinup-themed party, and will take place at the historic Don Vicente Inn in Ybor City, Tampa, FL. The goal of the event is to raise money for the philanthropic work of Pinups For Pitbulls The event features a special guest appearance by Little Darling, national pit bull spokesperson and founder of Pinups for Pitbulls, a live band, burlesque show, costume and dance contest, silent auction and raffle. Mistress of Ceremonies for Roxy Gala will be Little Pet Project spokesperson Heather Clem.

The mission of Pinups for Pitbulls is to save the lives of abused and abandoned pit bull-type dogs. Pit bull-type dogs and bully breed mixes account for the majority of dogs in shelters across the United States. Funds are also raised by selling a nationally-acclaimed pinup calendar, additional merchandise and hosting or attending events year-round across the United States. Little Darling has appeared in worldwide web articles, Animal Planet's Pit Boss, Discovery.com, The Bark, Animal Sheltering Magazine as well as local TV and print.

To learn more about Shorty go to Pit Boss : Animal Planet. For information and tickets to Party Like A Pinup, go to Pinups For Pitbulls Roxy Gala - August 28th - Don Vicente Historic Inn Ybor City, Tampa, Florida

Shorty Rossi, Star of The Animal Planet Reality Show Pit Boss to Make Tampa Appearance - PR.com

Anyone live near there, want to give him the link to this website, and maybe explain DA to him? Or at the very least, give him a break stick or two?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandJean View Post
    Anyone live near there, want to give him the link to this website, and maybe explain DA to him? Or at the very least, give him a break stick or two?
    We could always all go in on one and mail it to him. I think Zoe sent one to Cesar Milan. Maybe we'll be a topic on the show, us negative pit bull stereotype folks.

Here is a bunch of contact numbers and email addresses: Shortywood Productions / Shorty's Rescue / Pit Boss Shorty Rossi We could try emailing or even calling him ;)

Good deal.

Yeah, maybe one of those shows will listen and let the public know the whole truth.

I doubt it. They are typically only in it for money and publicity.

Oh, and I love how 99% if not 100% of the dogs on his show are either AmBullies or bully mixes

I can't even watch the show. I am so afraid a fight will occur, and I just don't see them getting it broke up.

^ that made me lolz sorry

Or explain how allowing someone to agitate your dog all-the-while dressing it up in giant-link chains all for some glorious photo shoot is a BAD idea?!

He's no better for these dogs than some gang-banging street thug who keeps his emaciated "pit" on a 2-ft chain attached to a pole on the blacktop of an apartment building.

This event is actually going to benefit the rescue that I foster for.

However I have to apoligize that I can not give any of the info that was mentioned above to Shorty, because I am not going :p

Honestly he doesn't seem to know what he's doing. But atleast he's got a big heart. Back on Saturday they had an episode where some dumb$#@! wanted to chain up Hercules and put ketchup on his mouth for a photo shoot and Shorty got PISSED cussed the fool out and left. :)
    Last edited by pitbullsFTW; 08-17-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Grammar

12. I might just take a trip back home for this one...

Nevermind, Looks like I will be there after all.

I always wonder why Shorty lets his dogs get away with so much (climbing and standing on the desk when he's talking to someone, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by pitbullsFTW View Post
    Honestly he doesn't seem to know what he's doing. But atleast he's got a big heart. Back on Saturday they had an episode where some dumb$#@! wanted to chain up Hercules and put ketchup on his mouth for a photo shoot and Shorty got PISSED cussed the fool out and left. :)
    Ummmm....he only drew the line at the ketchup. He had no issues with the ginormous chain or the fact that he knew from the get-go that the photographer and whomever else wanted the dog solely for the "pit bull's" bad dog image. So ketchup line or not, this little idiot is a disgrace and a detriment to these dogs.

And who cares about a big heart. Ignorance is not an excuse and willful ignorance is a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
    Ignorance is not an excuse and willful ignorance is a crime.
    Well, it should be at least. If it was, half the human race would be behind bars.

Ummmm....he only drew the line at the ketchup. He had no issues with the ginormous chain or the fact that he knew from the get-go that the photographer and whomever else wanted the dog solely for the "pit bull's" bad dog image. So ketchup line or not, this little idiot is a disgrace and a detriment to these dogs.

And who cares about a big heart. Ignorance is not an excuse and willful ignorance is a crime.
    But Shorty was on a phone call outside when the argument first started so he didn't know about the ketchup until they were in the car driving away, he left soley because of the chain.

good idea, hope someone here can make it out there and get a chance to give him the website link and edumacate him

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernThistle View Post
    I always wonder why Shorty lets his dogs get away with so much (climbing and standing on the desk when he's talking to someone, etc.)
    I wondered that too! I can't watch the show though, it seems odd and more about the drama.

Anyone up for a game of midget tossing?

No he didn't, he didn't want the chain or the ketchup on his dog, and made that very clear. He stepped out during the shoot and that's when the chains and ketchup came out.
    From listening to the phone call with his agent, all he was told is that he wanted a "big Pit Bull" who was experienced in 'modeling' to photograph. While I think he should've asked what the shoot was for, and the purpose, I was happy he pulled his dog out of there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast