Images

Blood in female pups urine

Our new 10 week old female just had bright red blood in her urine.
    We've had her 5 days, this is the first occurrence. She does not appear to be in any discomfort.

I'm thinking urinary tract infection...anyone have experience with this in such a young pup?

Thanks

could be a urinary tract infection or bladder infection, our cat had this and it was gull stones but im not sure if puppys can get these as he got it from the high ash content in his food over a period of time.
    I know with our vets we can call and ask over the phone if this is something to worry about they can give you some answers try calling one and see what they say.
    is the pup drinking enough? I know the urine can get kinda dark orange redish if they get dehydrated its been hot out here not sure how warm it is where you are.

Images
    Thx Angelbaby, it's been hot here, but she's been indoors, she could be a tad dehydrated, her stool was loose 1st couple of days, but fine after that ( change of feed I $#@!umed) and she needs to be encouraged to drink. But, definately blood, no mistaking it.
    Maybe if I knew the vet I could call with questions like this, but unfortunately don't.
    My son just brought her to a vet w/ eve hrs, so we'll see.

blatter infection

if she seems fine otherwise not lathargic or anything id think bladder or urinary tract , hope all is well let us know what the vet says.

Images
    Vet said, very young , but probably bladder / uti perhaps a result of stress of new home, and took a urine sample / gave antibiotic... or rat poison ( it seems most rat poison is an anti coagulant ) we have no rat poison around but I can't attest to what she was exposed to before we got her, and it takes 5 plus days for symptoms in her size animal, also there would be bruising and she has none.

S M K; your dog DOES look studious.

Images
    The vet said the pup is very young?? Meaning she is less than 10 weeks? Did he give her the first round of puppy shots? Parvo is a nasty disease, and a horrible way to die, and a sick pup is very susceptible to Parvo. I'd get her in to your local vet to get those puppy shots started. In the mean time, keep her away from any place where sick pups could have been, and do not take her to a dog park, those places are crawling with diseases and irresponsible owners.

Images
    Hi Mollies Nanna; said, very young for uti. Which I accepted because I don't have personal experience of it.
    She had her 1st round of shots last week, just before we got her.
    I don't care for the vet I've used for our other dog, so we didn't bring her there.

I'm sensitive to the parvo issue and exercise caution because our other dogs sire died of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    The vet said the pup is very young?? Meaning she is less than 10 weeks? Did he give her the first round of puppy shots? Parvo is a nasty disease, and a horrible way to die, and a sick pup is very susceptible to Parvo. I'd get her in to your local vet to get those puppy shots started. In the mean time, keep her away from any place where sick pups could have been, and do not take her to a dog park, those places are crawling with diseases and irresponsible owners.
    would with parvo it would be blood in the stool instead of the urine. i thought parvo was in the intestines not in the ureathra.... right?

to OP yea im thinking its a uti also is she peeing more than normal> or straining to pee but none comes out?