Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Top 10 Best places to live in the USA for Pit bull Owners?

What would you say are the top ten best places in the USA to live for Pit Bull Owners?

Will BSL on the rise and many places banning them just kind of curious as to what seems to be the most Pit friendly places in the USA.

hmm I would say IL because its against the state constitution to have BSL (only a few cities have it grandfathered in)...
    hmm I donno many places that have anti bsl laws so that is where I must stop lol

I think small simple states would be best where people don't bitch or make a big deal of things. Montana I believe doesn't have any BSL and its a large state with not many people in it and mostly country folk who mind there own business.

I live in Oregon and we have very very little BSL. People are pretty breed savvy a lot of people own this breed around here, and I honestly haven't heard of many attacks. I think one or two very small counties have it in my state, but it doesn't effect me or anywhere I have been in the state.

Again states with less people seem to be better off. BSL seems to mostly happen in larger cities and areas where the dogs and people are a problem.

Anywhere out in the country...with plenty of acreage... away from people!

Im not sure on if its still true but last I knew in califonia you cant ban any breed.. you can put restrictions on them but not ban them.. and in the area of southern calfornia Im in everyone seems to LOVE pit bulls. I take him to petsmart and we are swamped with people who want to pet him. Our last trip one employee spent 15+ minutes talking to us about him and another a good 10, all in the same trip.. my poor son was begging to go see the fish and we kept getting stoped along the way.. just trying to cross the store! lol So Id definitely say this is a pit bull friendly area

I don't think Alaska has any BSL either. Again a big state with not many people.

chicago, il
    i love it here,. there is no BSL and no $#@! laws
    most of the stores near my house know me and let me bring bella in with me so i can shop on a walk too :)

Quote Originally Posted by teewiggs View Post
    Anywhere out in the country...with plenty of acreage... away from people!
    Sounds good, I would just have to add that the place should have summers that weren't overly hot or winters overly cold lol.

PA has an anti-BSL law.

NC is bulldog Country, but there are a few places with BSL and anti-tethering laws.

GA is dangerous for the APBT and their owners right now.

There isnt much BSL in Alabama, only in the bigger cities. There is a vicious dog law in my neighboring county, but it isnt breed specific, dogs that cause trouble are the dogs that the law applies to.

Quote Originally Posted by capri2009 View Post
    Sounds good, I would just have to add that the place should have summers that weren't overly hot or winters overly cold lol.
    Oregon is a good one for that too! :D

My area is pretty Pit Bull friendly. We are military central though, so BSL is happening now in military housing, which is unfortunate. But, other than that, we don't have any Pit Bull specific laws and people are generally pretty friendly vs. terrified of them.

13. PA, that's where I live :) Lots of stupid people here but so far no BSL that is affecting me. However if you want to rent a place with a bully breed or 'dangerous' breed, good luck with that

14. PA for me too!! My boyfriend and I found it nearly impossible to rent a place, though. Thankfully, we found a house to buy and for the most part, our neighbors love our dogs. I've only gotten a few occasional dirty looks from 'stupid people' for having a bully breed (one of them being from a man who was mad because my dog was barking at his bike helmet, gl$#@!, and broken bike making wierd noises behind us on a trail!!) A lot of people here compliment how cute my dogs are, how sweet and well mannered they are, and then are shocked when I tell them the breed. Though, I have found that the more wealthy the area, the more you are frowned upon for having a pit bull.. I guess the little yappy lap dogs are more of fit in those neighborhoods :)

15. Quote Originally Posted by Payton19 View Post
    PA for me too!! My boyfriend and I found it nearly impossible to rent a place, though. Thankfully, we found a house to buy and for the most part, our neighbors love our dogs. I've only gotten a few occasional dirty looks from 'stupid people' for having a bully breed (one of them being from a man who was mad because my dog was barking at his bike helmet, gl$#@!, and broken bike making wierd noises behind us on a trail!!) A lot of people here compliment how cute my dogs are, how sweet and well mannered they are, and then are shocked when I tell them the breed. Though, I have found that the more wealthy the area, the more you are frowned upon for having a pit bull.. I guess the little yappy lap dogs are more of fit in those neighborhoods :)
    HAHA you just summed it up perfectly. My mom works for a lady who lives in a fancy gated community and if you have any large breed dog your looked down on. Most of the people here love my girl or at least aren't bothered. You have a few stupid people but for the most part they see how well behaved she is and like her. lol I like the nice middle cl$#@! neighborhoods IMO those are best at accepting bullies

new york city!!! oh wait you said best right?? i really gotta get out of this place noone likes pittles,nothing for pitties, too many people who want to teach me how to train my pitties to attack on command, everyone thinks they know everything, no buildings want em living therelike there gonna attack the apartment (well some actually do) etc etc etc

17. It sucks here in ATLANTA. Its rare u find an apartment or neighborhood that Even allows them. Some counties have banned them. I'm in the city so I registered him with the city and took him to a stress test to allow him to be in my condo. He is a bully though so his weight is always the issue. A year and a half at 90 lbs

18. Tampa, FL

-Active APBT clubs/organizations/rescues
    -No BSL
    -Accessible pit bull-friendly housing

Quote Originally Posted by jobanmarwah View Post
    chicago, il
    i love it here,. there is no BSL and no $#@! laws
    most of the stores near my house know me and let me bring bella in with me so i can shop on a walk too :)
    i know i agree chicago land area!

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elliehanna View Post
    hmm I would say IL because its against the state constitution to have BSL (only a few cities have it grandfathered in)...
    hmm I donno many places that have anti bsl laws so that is where I must stop lol
    wow are you guys form il too?

Images
    NYC has lots of bulldogs. No laws here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast