Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Reverse Brindle!

Well this is our little darling!! Her name is "Leej Muam."
    Pronouced "Leng Muah" It means girl in my language.

We think she might be a mix of lab and pit, but we aren't sure. WHen we got her the Shelter thought she might be deaf, but she just has selective hearing. She is certainlly not deaf at all!

Very pretty girl!!

lmaooo she has selective hearing!

pretty girl i love brindles

Images
    Haha - not deaf, just stubborn :D

She's beautiful... Thank you for saving her!

Yay! She's very pretty. Glad you saved her. Very good looking girl.

intense stare,

great looking dog

7. Pretty girl, but there aren't reverse brindles. It's just a BYB selling term.

8. Quote Originally Posted by shadowwolf View Post
    Pretty girl, but there aren't reverse brindles. It's just a BYB selling term.
    Have you checked a UKC registration with a pitbull with a reverse brindle color? It's term for describing the color.

She is pretty. Looks like she'd fit in with Tess and Locus.

Isn't that a black brindle? I thought brindle was always whatever color was more prominent, i.e. black brindle, red brindle, fawn brindle, etc.

10. Not sure, we have a friend that breeds pitbulls and that is what he told us, so we just went by it. We are no dog experts, that's why i'm here to learn!

Pretty girl. :)

Very pretty.
    I have a soft spot for brindles. :)

i love the brindle color! she looks awesome!
    congrats on the adoption!

Images
    Wow she is a stunner!

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Have you checked a UKC registration with a pitbull with a reverse brindle color? It's term for describing the color.
    Um, last time I checked, that was NOT the case. The UKC would call that dog a 'mahogany' brindle. ADBA would call that dog a black brindle.

American Pit Bull Terrier Network APBT color gallery
    Last edited by shadowwolf; 08-01-2010 at 08:29 PM.

great link ^

and she's got some very nice coloring

Images
    WOW!!! She really looks a lot like Bella!!! I call Bella the Melted Reeses.. or chocolate brindle... she looks more like a melted Reeses, so that's what I refer to her as. She even has the orange collar to match, with brown lettering. :p Sometimes, it's hard to see her coloring. Inside she looks black, but once she gets outside, you can see she really looks chocolate in color... She's like that expensive car paint that changes colors!

Images
    Pretty Girl I love the brindle dogs

19. Quote Originally Posted by kangaroo911 View Post
    We think she might be a mix of lab and pit, but we aren't sure. WHen we got her the Shelter thought she might be deaf, but she just has selective hearing. She is certainlly not deaf at all!

She is very pretty. I really love Brindles too, sometimes when they are in the sun and it hits them just right it's like they are living kaleidoscopes. You might want to take a look at this thread if you plan on keeping her on a tie out:

How to make a chain setup - Products Equipment

I don't trust those cables with the crimped loops on the ends for big dogs and never liked the way they coil up all the time. It might never be a problem, but I'd hate to hear she got loose on you someday because it couldn't hold her.

Images
    She is very cute.

I agree with what shadowwolf already said..."reverse" brindle is a BYB term.

When naming a brindle color the underlying/dominant color is said and then brindle. Since reverse is not a color that doesn't fit the guidelines for naming a color.

I put this up a long time again to help people understand colors... though In my opinion color really doesn't matter it is nice to know what the proper terminology is...
    Fur Color Charts For APBTs/AmStaffs - General Dog Discussions

That should clear it up more for everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast