Thread: Growth Spurts?

Growth Spurts?

So, these past couple of months Cleo really hasnt grown much...at almost 9 months, she weighs around 55lbs and is around 19 1/2 or 20 inchs at the withers. I would love for her to stay around this size, but i know that probably wont happen. How much more can I expect her to grow? Around what age do pups hit growth spurts, and when can you notice significant changes in the way they look? Right now she still just looks like an overgrown pup...when will she start looking like an adult dog? Lol i have many more questions...these are just a few :)

My vet told me that growth plates close around 9 months (for non-giant breed dogs). I would expect her to not grow vertically that much more. She'll begin to fill out soon, and will continue to do so until around 18 months to 2 years.
    I doubt she'll look significantly different. She'll probably gain weight, but I wouldn't think all that much.
    She won't look like an adult dog until she's an adult. :D But seriously, let her body do what it does, and I'm sure she'll be just as gorgeous as she is now as she matures.

Thanks! Great info :D

Similar Threads

1. Puppy growth spurts and eating habits...?
    By Abby&Fiona in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 07:58 AM
  2. Growth
    By GBOYD in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 12:08 PM
  3. Growth
    By carnellpickett in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 12:51 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

when do puppies hit their growth spurt

when do pit bulls hit their growth spurt

when do dogs hit their growth spurt

pitbull growth spurts

pitbull growth

pit bull growth spurt

pitbull puppy growth spurts

growth spurts in pitbulls

when do pitbulls hit their growth spurt

when do puppies hit growth spurts

when do pitbulls have growth spurts

pitbull growth spurt

when do dogs have growth spurts

when do pitbulls grow the mostwhen do puppies hit a growth spurtpit bulls fastest growth spertwhen do dogs hit growth spurtswhen to expect growth spurts in puppywhen do blue pitbulls hit their growth spurtWhen is the last growth spurt for and American bulldogwhen do pitbulls hit growth spurtsdo dogs have growth spurt at age 3pit bull growth spurtspitbull pics of growth from puppy to adultwhen does a pitbull hit a growth spurtWhen do pitbulls hit a growth spurtamerican bulldog growth spurtswhat age do Pitbulls hit growth spurtswhen do american bulldogs hit their growth spurtwhen do most puppies hit their growth spurtwhen Pitbulls hit a growth spuirtwhen will my dog hit its growth spurthow many growth spurts do puppys havepitbull puppy growth spurtdog growth spurts after heat