Images

Weight pulling record for APBT??

We were watching pit bulls weight pulling on youtube,and they were pulling some phenominal weights! I was impressed to say the least.So it got me wondering....What is the highest weight ever recorded,that was pulled by an APBT,in a weight pull competition ???

theres like 8 answers to this. i have it posted in some other forum.. i will get it later.

Depends on the registry and the type of pull: sled, rail, etc. I know of a dog that pulled 15,000+ lbs. and that was 130x times his own bodyweight. The dog is listed as an apbt, but the dog is 110 lbs. so it clearly isn't. The dog is a whopper or dagger dog, I forgot the blood. For apbts, I believe it is considerably less, HOWEVER, let's not forget that the apbt isn't bred to be a powerhouse, nor were they bred for speed. The apbt is bred for BALANCE, which means they aren't overly lacking or overly muscular for their size. They aren't built like a track runner or a bodybuilder, but their build is more akin towards that of a boxer. Weight pull and/or mill races should not be used to evaluate the dog's worth as a stud or brood bitch.

AAPBA record holder is by two dogs, Mafia, and Big Boi, both pulled 13,042lbs. Below is Barnes mafia.

bonacorsi's porky is the record holder for the IWPA for most pulled on fake snow (dont ask me how much that is cause NO ONE KNOWS.?!)

NKC WP record is Lugnut at 12000lbs

UKC record is Verses (sp?) at 12,170lbs in 09

ADBA MIGHT me OFK's Switch?! dont know about that though dont quote me on that

and for $#@!s and giggles, most body weight is 300x or more held ADBA Tar Baby

^^^ thats as far as i got till i got lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
    AAPBA record holder is by two dogs, Mafia, and Big Boi, both pulled 13,042lbs. Below is Barnes mafia.

bonacorsi's porky is the record holder for the IWPA for most pulled on fake snow (dont ask me how much that is cause NO ONE KNOWS.?!)

NKC WP record is Lugnut at 12000lbs

UKC record is Verses (sp?) at 12,170lbs in 09

ADBA MIGHT me OFK's Switch?! dont know about that though dont quote me on that

and for $#@!s and giggles, most body weight is 300x or more held ADBA Tar Baby

^^^ thats as far as i got till i got lazy.
    Bonacorsi's Porky isn't an apbt, though yes he did pull the most on fake snow. Supposedly pulled anywhere from 25,000-60,000, though that is what many people who have dogs off of porky proudly proclaim.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDawgs View Post
    Bonacorsi's Porky isn't an apbt, though yes he did pull the most on fake snow. Supposedly pulled anywhere from 25,000-60,000, though that is what many people who have dogs off of porky proudly proclaim.
    I should have added that i know a few of those dogs are "pull dogs" yes i know. sorry bout that. lol

I should have added that i know a few of those dogs are "pull dogs" yes i know. sorry bout that. lol
    LOL it's alright, porky's pull was really impressive though. He wasn't exactly tall, being 19 inches withers and a meek 80 lbs. For a whopper dog, he was small, but he was really powerful. I think if the rumors are true of the pull, he pulled at least 312.5 times his own bodyweight since the lowest I've heard of the pull was 25,000 lbs.

LOL it's alright, porky's pull was really impressive though. He wasn't exactly tall, being 19 inches withers and a meek 80 lbs. For a whopper dog, he was small, but he was really powerful. I think if the rumors are true of the pull, he pulled at least 312.5 times his own bodyweight since the lowest I've heard of the pull was 25,000 lbs.
    all of them are impressive to me, even though im not much into wp so i have to agree with ya there. i do like watching them though

all of them are impressive to me, even though im not much into wp so i have to agree with ya there. i do like watching them though
    Yeah, whopper dogs are something else. It is a shame most people feel the need to peddle them as apbts. Why not just stick to calling them what the notable breeder, Eddington, called them? Eddington actually called them Oklahoma Pulldogs instead of apbts. I would actually like to have a whopper dog someday since they are great dogs. Unfortunately, a wellbred one is getting harder to find and most are starting to breed for size. Most whoppers averaged 24 inches and 130 lbs. or so. However, most are starting to become 26+ inches and 160+ with easty westy, cow hocks, sway backs, etc.

Yeah, whopper dogs are something else. It is a shame most people feel the need to peddle them as apbts. Why not just stick to calling them what the notable breeder, Eddington, called them? Eddington actually called them Oklahoma Pulldogs instead of apbts. I would actually like to have a whopper dog someday since they are great dogs. Unfortunately, a wellbred one is getting harder to find and most are starting to breed for size. Most whoppers averaged 24 inches and 130 lbs. or so. However, most are starting to become 26+ inches and 160+ with easty westy, cow hocks, sway backs, etc.
    Ive always called em pull dogs, never knew he actually called them that, lol. I personally am not the slightest bit interested in owning them BUT i dont mind them since they serve a purpose at least. and i dont mind when i come along a guy with them that admits they arent APBT.

Ive always called em pull dogs, never knew he actually called them that, lol. I personally am not the slightest bit interested in owning them BUT i dont mind them since they serve a purpose at least. and i dont mind when i come along a guy with them that admits they arent APBT.
    For me, the gamedogs (old time staffs, apbts, and traditional shar peis) and working hunting dogs (working $#@!er spaniels, working jack russells, patterdales,etc.) will always be my favorite of breeds. However, an oklahoma pulldog is an impressive dog and the ones that own and breed them for what they are, I respect them and wish them all the best.

12. the blood line that pulled that load was a eddington/freedmen.

Depends on the registry and the type of pull: sled, rail, etc. I know of a dog that pulled 15,000+ lbs. and that was 130x times his own bodyweight. The dog is listed as an apbt, but the dog is 110 lbs. so it clearly isn't. The dog is a whopper or dagger dog, I forgot the blood. For apbts, I believe it is considerably less, HOWEVER, let's not forget that the apbt isn't bred to be a powerhouse, nor were they bred for speed. The apbt is bred for BALANCE, which means they aren't overly lacking or overly muscular for their size. They aren't built like a track runner or a bodybuilder, but their build is more akin towards that of a boxer. Weight pull and/or mill races should not be used to evaluate the dog's worth as a stud or brood bitch.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

i used to have some of that bigger sftuff eddington/freedman the dogs name is wounder and she is the dam off of bettys bighead 1986 please let me know if i might be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by mc`s dogs View Post

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

i used to have some of that bigger sftuff eddington/freedman the dogs name is wounder and she is the dam off of bettys bighead 1986 please let me know if i might be wrong?
    I believe this was the dog. There have been many great pulldogs bred by Eddington as well as dogs coming from the Dagger and Freedman line. Bob Bonacorsi bred some great dogs too.