1. my dogs paw is peeling

we were playing on the tennis court and she was running back and forth after the ball i think she burned her paws on the pavement what shoudl i do? ice?

2. Quote Originally Posted by robert- View Post
    we were playing on the tennis court and she was running back and forth after the ball i think she burned her paws on the pavement what shoudl i do? ice?
    Wash it with soap and water and stay off the hot tennis court. Get some Pad Heal and apply it 3 or 4 times a day. Give it a couple weeks to heal up and then start putting Pad Kote on it regularly.

also could try this after its healed up to prevent it from happening again (I am going to get it after I get some cash)
    http://www.mistypinesdogpark.com/sto...n-p-16334.html

4. should she wear a booty?

also is there anything i can put on here from major petstores? and not havbe to order?

How bad is it peeling? Is there any soreness you've noticed in the dog? Is any meat underneath the skin showing? Unless she's having trouble walking I would just keep her indoors and let her rest for a few days. A small amount neosporin applied daily may help to stave off infection and speed up the recovery.

If she's not used to running outside or on rough surfaces you need to ramp up the activity level so her feet pads have a chance to adjust and build up a protective layer.

As Boogieman said... invest in some Pad Heal and keep the dog off hot surfaces... if you wouldn't walk on it barefooted... why should the dog?

Sen a recent topic where all natural no sugar added honey was used to heal the pads. Easy to find at the market.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
    Sen a recent topic where all natural no sugar added honey was used to heal the pads. Easy to find at the market.
    All this is gonna do is make the dog lick it.

Follow the advice I posted. You could have had treatment going for 2 days now.
    Last edited by Mollie's Nana; 06-21-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Images
    Definitely keep the pup off hot surfaces. Just imagine if you walked around on it, how much it would hurt. If you want to take him to the tennis courts, I'd wait till his feet heal, then take him very early in the morning, before the sun has a chance to heat up the courts, and maybe decrease the amount of time you keep him on the surface to half or 1/4 what you have previously done. But give his feet a chance to heal completely before taking him back.