game bred bull terrier seen today???

Hello all I went to a pit bull store in phx today, with my pit bull mix and my friends bull terrier male Roscoe, along with 2 guy friends. The guy working brought out his bull terrier which was very old fashioned looking, very lean with nice muscle tone. He said the dad of the dog is from thunder rock kennels, but he bought the dog from someone in vegas that could not handle him. The dog was about 15 months old. Now im all for athletic, working type bull terriers, but this dog was flat out insane. He was barking and barking and lunging at our dogs repeatedly. I took some pics with my phone but cant seem to get them to my email address. The dog was super small, at like 38 pounds or so. Im not sure if he is planning on working with the dog to correct its nasty behavior, but I certainly did not agree, my dogs can all exercise like that dog does, but not act like him in public, he also said hes a man biter, and will bite any person too. Frankly, I was interested in meeting this very athletic type bull terrier, bred specifically for drive, since that was not not how bowzer was bred, but the fact this dog was so crazy I was very sad to see. I would have loved to have been able to get a better on hands look at this pooch, but he was extremely mean. I was telling my friend that, that bull terrier is a horrible example of the breed, mentally that is. Physically I thought he was great, but that dog spells bad news for all of us, and I hope he keeps him tightly locked up.

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Oh yea, and he told me the dog is game bred but with AKC papers and that the parents of the dogs were fighting bull terriers, with akc papers...:rolleyes: I dont much believe that haha.

Images
    Well, if the parents were are HA as he is, I doubt he is of game lines... He might have been yanking your chain, might not even be pure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    Hello all I went to a pit bull store in phx today, with my pit bull mix and my friends bull terrier male Roscoe, along with 2 guy friends. The guy working brought out his bull terrier which was very old fashioned looking, very lean with nice muscle tone. He said the dad of the dog is from thunder rock kennels, but he bought the dog from someone in vegas that could not handle him. The dog was about 15 months old. Now im all for athletic, working type bull terriers, but this dog was flat out insane. He was barking and barking and lunging at our dogs repeatedly. I took some pics with my phone but cant seem to get them to my email address. The dog was super small, at like 38 pounds or so. Im not sure if he is planning on working with the dog to correct its nasty behavior, but I certainly did not agree, my dogs can all exercise like that dog does, but not act like him in public, he also said hes a man biter, and will bite any person too. Frankly, I was interested in meeting this very athletic type bull terrier, bred specifically for drive, since that was not not how bowzer was bred, but the fact this dog was so crazy I was very sad to see. I would have loved to have been able to get a better on hands look at this pooch, but he was extremely mean. I was telling my friend that, that bull terrier is a horrible example of the breed, mentally that is. Physically I thought he was great, but that dog spells bad news for all of us, and I hope he keeps him tightly locked up.

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Oh yea, and he told me the dog is game bred but with AKC papers and that the parents of the dogs were fighting bull terriers, with akc papers...:rolleyes: I dont much believe that haha.

Thunder rock the kennel in england? I thought I had looked at their dogs before and they said they mixed them with SBT.

ANY bully breed with human aggressive behavior is unacceptable since these dogs were bred to work closely with humans in intense and stressful situations. Animal aggressive yes, but even that should be trained and controlled somewhat.

It sounds like the dog has a genetically off temperament and someone who doesn't know what they are doing is owning the dog. With a mix like that there is no telling what the dog is capable of. IMO any genetically flawed or human aggressive dog should be put down. Its to risky and the owner doesn't seem to know how to handle the dog or correct the behavior. Its sad to look at my bully dogs and see how great they are with people, but know some bad eggs out there are trying to ruin these breeds for all of us. I can't even see a bull terrier being aggressive haha!

when he brought the dog out he told everyone to step back, said the dog had tried to attack even him numerous times. It was so sad and disappointing to see, this dog yelled 'im unstable someone help me!' he might have been mixed, but just looked very old fashioned. yes thunder rock in UK, because he showed me a picture that matched on of the males off of thunder rock.

I doubt very much think for its from Thunderrock here in UK.
    With out 100% proof i really dont think you should be saying that either,its what you were told fair enough but its not fair saying it as it looks bad on the breeders mentioned.I know that he has worked very hard producing the ebts he has and wouldnt for a second condone or agree with how that dog was acting.
    Not been funny or want to start a debate but mentioning them with out facts or proof isnt right.
    Just my two pennies worth.

im just repeating what he said, he showed me a picture of a male i reckognized from the kennel, and im in now way saying thats how his dogs are bred, he said the dog has had zero socialization and thats why he is like that. The dog definitly looked much different than any bull terrier I have seen, it wasnt your typical low quality bull terrier, it was short and compact, but with define muscles. for sporting bull terriers, this dog takes the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Bully_UK View Post
    I doubt very much think for its from Thunderrock here in UK.
    With out 100% proof i really dont think you should be saying that either,its what you were told fair enough but its not fair saying it as it looks bad on the breeders mentioned.I know that he has worked very hard producing the ebts he has and wouldnt for a second condone or agree with how that dog was acting.
    Not been funny or want to start a debate but mentioning them with out facts or proof isnt right.
    Just my two pennies worth.
    Agree - the BT circle is way to small to be saying negative things about a breeder unless you know it to be true. If it is true, then I have no problem calling out a bad breeder. But if it isn't, a reputation can be unfairly tarnished.

i didnt say one thing negative about the breeder!!!!

I can guarantee that dog was not from Thunder rock kennels...This breeder is a close friend of mine and he has never shipped dogs out of the UK.
    To be trufull if that dog was a man biter the breeder would have shot the fooker.
    His dogs are very stable around humans $#@! i even got 2 here and they are 100% round the family.
    Next time you see this guy you can tell him you know that he is a $#@!ter and should not say things like that about someones kennels.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

There is only one type of game bred dog and thats a dog that has proved its self in the pit....Game bred dogs are bred not to be human agressive because for obvious reasons.The handlers are hands on with these dogs in the pit and dont want a dog that is going to bite the handler.
    Lyndon of thunder rock kennels has bred his dogs for working in the field,hunting not to be game for the pit....a barbaric practice and he would never condone such actions.
    He has also never said that he has put stafford blood into his dogs so i dont know were that came from.
    What was the name of the sir this guy said this dog was bred from please.

I think I was getting this site mixed up with the thunder rocks kennel site. Which this site says they mix with SBT.

HOME - Hinks Old Tyme Bull Terriers

Unless they are related, excuse my ignorance. :)

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Bullies View Post
    I think I was getting this site mixed up with the thunder rocks kennel site. Which this site says they mix with SBT.

HOME - Hinks Old Tyme Bull Terriers

Unless they are related, excuse my ignorance. :)

No worries mate...that site is run by Mick harris another friend of mine.
    Only Lyndon knows what went into his dogs...its taken him half a life time to get these dogs back to what a real BT should be..So he is not going to tell everyone how he went about it over night...people have ideas but as i said only Lyndon knows.

Best wishes.:)

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    No worries mate...that site is run by Mick harris another friend of mine.
    Only Lyndon knows what went into his dogs...its taken him half a life time to get these dogs back to what a real BT should be..So he is not going to tell everyone how he went about it over night...people have ideas but as i said only Lyndon knows.

Best wishes.:)
    Well whatever they are doing, they are doing a good job IMO. I love athletic dogs :D

13. Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I can guarantee that dog was not from Thunder rock kennels...This breeder is a close friend of mine and he has never shipped dogs out of the UK.
    To be trufull if that dog was a man biter the breeder would have shot the fooker.
    His dogs are very stable around humans $#@! i even got 2 here and they are 100% round the family.
    Next time you see this guy you can tell him you know that he is a $#@!ter and should not say things like that about someones kennels.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

There is only one type of game bred dog and thats a dog that has proved its self in the pit....Game bred dogs are bred not to be human agressive because for obvious reasons.The handlers are hands on with these dogs in the pit and dont want a dog that is going to bite the handler.
    Lyndon of thunder rock kennels has bred his dogs for working in the field,hunting not to be game for the pit....a barbaric practice and he would never condone such actions.
    He has also never said that he has put stafford blood into his dogs so i dont know were that came from.
    What was the name of the sir this guy said this dog was bred from please.
    I was told that hes used staffs and whippets

14. LOL....who knows its a mistery lol.

The dog looked a lot like the Hinks dog from thunder rock kennels...they looked a lot a lot alike! The dog looked about 30-35 pounds, but I wont see him again I dont even live in that state.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    The dog looked a lot like the Hinks dog from thunder rock kennels...they looked a lot a lot alike! The dog looked about 30-35 pounds, but I wont see him again I dont even live in that state.
    You might be be right D.....but then a lot of cross breeds can look the same :D