Exclamation How much to feed a 75pd american bully?

:eek: OK WELL, ME AND MY BFF JUST GOT A NEW 9 MONTH OLD PUPPY. HES SUPER BIG AND HES ABOUT 75 POUNDS, HES AN AMERICAN BULLY. WHEN WE FIRST GOT HIM HE MUSTVE BEEN ATLEAST 85 POOUNDS BUT WE BEEN HAVING HIM RUN ALOT AND HES BEEN SHEDDING SOME WEIGHT. OUR QUESTION IS HOW MUCH DO YOU FEED A DOG THIS BIG.. DO WE STICK TO THE 2-3 CUPS A DAY? I HEAR THE BIGGER THE DOG, THE LESS FOOD SHOULD BE GIVEN AND BROKEN DOWN TO MORNING AND NIGHT FEEDINGS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK. I NEVER SEEN A PUPPY THIS SIZE,.. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! =) :):confused:

Depends on the food you are feeding him.

What I do is start with the recommended amount on the bag, then I give more or less based on how the dog is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandJean View Post
    Depends on the food you are feeding him.

What I do is start with the recommended amount on the bag, then I give more or less based on how the dog is doing.
    I think that is a good rule of thumb right there. All dogs are different and will require minor differences but start with the recommended and adjust accordingly to your dogs needs

Quote Originally Posted by PORSCHASPARTAN View Post
    :eek: OK WELL, ME AND MY BFF JUST GOT A NEW 9 MONTH OLD PUPPY. HES SUPER BIG AND HES ABOUT 75 POUNDS, HES AN AMERICAN BULLY. WHEN WE FIRST GOT HIM HE MUSTVE BEEN ATLEAST 85 POOUNDS BUT WE BEEN HAVING HIM RUN ALOT AND HES BEEN SHEDDING SOME WEIGHT. OUR QUESTION IS HOW MUCH DO YOU FEED A DOG THIS BIG.. DO WE STICK TO THE 2-3 CUPS A DAY? I HEAR THE BIGGER THE DOG, THE LESS FOOD SHOULD BE GIVEN AND BROKEN DOWN TO MORNING AND NIGHT FEEDINGS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK. I NEVER SEEN A PUPPY THIS SIZE,.. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! =) :):confused:
    That's a big boy!! pics!

What food fo you have him on?

i have both of them on wellness but the local pet store only has like certain foods i can choose from like eukanuba, wellness, and blue buffalo, i hear wellness is the best so i been sticking to that but both of my pits way too much so the only ones they have big bag of is blue buffalo, so im bout to change up on the food. Should I stick to the wellness or try the blue buffalo.. and yeah i just put a pic up, waiting for it to go threw

Images
    I agree with CHJ.
    Wellness and Blue Buffalo are good foods. Eukanaba is a really low quality food so I wouldn't feed that. :)

Images
    I'm with CHJ on the feedings... you might try feeding them half what you would give them in a day in the mornings, and the other half at night. So if you give them 2 cups once a day, instead, give them one cup in the morning and one cup at night.

He does sound like a big boy... You could add some green beans or carrots to his kibble, just replace the kibble with the same amount of veggies, like half a cup or so. I give Mollie a can of green beans at night mixed with her kibble. It's trimmed her down some. Exercise will work best for him, but with it getting hot, you don't want to do too much, too soon. Start small and work your way up. You can get a feather cat toy from the pet store, and use it as a easy-fix flirt pole, and play with them inside. It only takes Bella about 15 minutes to get worn out with hers.

Wellness is the best of the kibble you mentioned, with Blue Buffalo being next. I would not feed Eukanuba, Iams or Purina.

Do they carry taste of the wild by chance? Wellness is good but pricey

Wellness is a great food. Be careful about letting a pup drop a lot of weight. He's not done growing yet and working him too hard can cause joint problems. You shouldn't condition a dog before it's matured.

I feed Wellness and Cleo has not an ounce of fat on her. She is 8 months and around 55lbs. I feed her 2 times a day, and a little over a cup both times....she does wonderful on it!

Nah they dont carry taste of the wild, thats what we originally wanted but its too high on protien right now still for them i believe .. And they only got blue baffalo, and the wellness.. They got some other ones but the brand is like a wtf and im not too sure about it.. So i been sticking to wellness.. Might try the blue buffalo soon though see how that goes, and yeah imma start giving him 1 1.2 in the morning and one more at night .. Yeah hes way too big.. I put pic up for ya to seee...