Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So Ive always been cerious, is a blue fawn a dog with a brown-ish coat but a blue nose?

I love that link that was posted to, I finally know the technical name of what Harleys color is! I always called him a red nose (lot of people ask if hes blue, but hes clearly not) and I googled 'diluted red nose' and found pictures of dogs that matched Harleys coloring but never a technical name for it. I just had a lady the other day say she thought I had a weimeranier untill she saw his face and realized he was a pit bull (I hope she just doesnt know anything about body type because Harley isnt built anything like a weimer imo, otherwise I need to get working on him more lol) They sounded like they described Harley to a T for the "isabella" color, funny how a simple thing just made my day haha

To the OP I dont know a whole lot on the color but from the pics Id say nose looks red to me

Harley is a classic blue fawn. That is the same color of a Weimaraner, which is why that lady got confused. What we call blue fawn is also the same color of Isabella Dobermans, Min Pins & Dachunds. It is not a dilute or red, but rather a dilute of chocolate & is described as a "silvery beige color."

Are some blue fawns of various breeds:

Weimaraner:

Min Pin:

Dachund:

Pit Bull:

Hope this helps.

Blessings & whisker kisses!

THIS is a blue fawn:

Note the following "specs" on her:

amber-colored eyes (lighter eyes)
    fawn basecoat with a bluish tint (easily seen around her eyes, nose, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post
    Harley is a classic blue fawn. That is the same color of a Weimaraner, which is why that lady got confused. What we call blue fawn is also the same color of Isabella Dobermans, Min Pins & Dachunds. It is not a dilute or red, but rather a dilute of chocolate & is described as a "silvery beige color."

Weimaraner:

Min Pin:

Dachund:

Pit Bull:

Hope this helps.

after seeing these dogs i think she is def a red nose

thanks you guys!

I agree shes a red nose. Here is our Blue Fawn male, hes actually turning champagne and our Blue Fawn female.
    Kratos, both his parents are sold blues.

Ski'a

I guess some people would call her a "smutt" shes got a blue tail, her brother was a complete smutt, had the fully fawn coat but had blue all over, kind of looked like he was marked like a GSD. The parents were both blue nose, father was all blue, mother was a blue fawn.
    Last edited by DarkKnight; 06-15-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Did not add all the captions. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post

Weimaraner:

Min Pin:

Dachund:

Pit Bull:

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for clarifying! One learns something new everyday!
    That pit bull you posted looks very much like Harley (to bad Harleys ears do fold like that guys though). So Harley is the dilute version of our lab then. She has the chocolate coat with the dark amber eyes, while Harleys eyes are much lighter shade of amber than hers obviously with the lighter coat. Very interesting. Thank you!

that is a lavender nose( thats what I call it anyway) . Something that happens with a Super delute. it would fall under blue nose in my eyes.

Not a true red but many would call it that as it is not a true blue either.

this is what can happen breeding blue to blue to blue.

Looks like a red dog with a red nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth L View Post
    that is a lavender nose( thats what I call it anyway) . Something that happens with a Super delute. it would fall under blue nose in my eyes.

Not a true red but many would call it that as it is not a true blue either.

this is what can happen breeding blue to blue to blue.
    so she is a dilute red?

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

sorry i am really late about my response but the purple nose CL ad got me thinking about this thread again

10. What color is my dog? I'm so sick of people asking me and not knowing what to say. She is definitely a color changing mood bull!! She goes from silver to brown to purplish to blue. Maybe she's the infamous rainbow pitbull?! She's obviously some sort of dilute; I'm thinking brown?

She is a blue fawn and a red nose.

Images

Our fawn bluie, Diva

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

13. Well the nose is red soo.....

i think i have concluded that she is a blue fawn.... am i wrong? everyone is saying red but this is a really great picture that shows her real coloring...

as you can see around her eyes and lips there is a darker/blue hue

sorry about that big purple heart i didnt want to break any forum rules with my naked feet hahah

Quote Originally Posted by 6pack1%er View Post
    its red, not a blue fawn,not to sound like an a-hole,but are you color blind,i sometimes wonder if thats why some people get a red or black dog and call it blue fawn or blue
    That's not what being color blind means.

When you're color blind, you cannot tell the difference between colors that are similar. For example, colors like red, orange and yellow would all appear to be red to somebody who is color blind.

I would say it's unlikely that even a person who is truly color blind would mistake a "blue" dog with a "black" dog or a "red" dog with any other color.

There's several different kinds of color blindness, but none of them really confuse red with black or blue. Red appears as more of a "yellow" in some kinds of it, while dark blue and purple appear as a "sky" blue. There's also a variation where red appears as a brighter pink, and blue, green, and purple appear as lighter blues and then purple appears as more of a "salmon" color.

Also, being color blind is pretty rare.

edit: also I just realized how old this thread was, haha, whoops.

so what color would this be red nosed liver?

would my pup be considered 'isabella'?

18. Yanja, Seriously?

blue fawn

Does your dog look like that? No.

Red/red nose

Lilac/silver fawn/whatever

Looks like these? yes.

Is this that hard?
    Besides its a dog, who cares what color the coat or nose is or isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDog View Post
    Yanja, Seriously?

blue fawn

Red/red nose

Looks like these? yes.

Is this that hard?
    I was told by people on here that my boy (in my avatar) was a typical blue fawn.... one of the posts above says blue fawn is the same color as Isabella.. in which case I believe Yanja is right for thinking her dog is blue fawn, just as I was told mine is (same nose color) I havent heard anyone on this forum use the term silver fawn (though personally it sounds like it fits the color of my dog better than blue fawn, that never seemed right to me) and Ive seen others get laughed at for calling a dog Lilac (also a color I would say that describe my dog better, but numerous people told me my boy was blue fawn when I posted a thread asking what the name of his color is)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDog View Post
    Yanja, Seriously?

blue fawn

Red/red nose

Looks like these? yes.

Is this that hard?
    why dont you chill out? first off
    and her nose isnt a clear blue or red which is why i asked. i am allowed to ask these questions about my dog out of curiousity. if you wouldve read my original post you would see that i said it doesnt matter to me really but its something i have been curious about.

and no my dog doesnt look just like those two dogs.her nose coloring is off. her coat is fawn. and if you see her pic you see that she has blue hue around her eyes and nose. maybe she is a rednose or liliac or a isabella?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast