Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Question How do I find what kind of pit bull do I have

2 years ago I purchased a female pit bull and she mated with a gator pit. I dont know what kind of pit she is. I really want to know what kind she is, is there somewhere I can look to see what kind of pits there are.

How can you go about getting papers for pit bulls?

Images
    Is she registered? Without a pedigree there is no way of knowing. Just enjoy her. :)

Images
    Unless she is registered you can't get a pedigree. Where did you buy her? Were her parents registered?

Images
    agrees with krista and poisoned. just get her spayed her and enjoy her.

there is no such thing as a gator pit.

I also agree with Poisoned and Krista...

are gator pits related to gata moufs??..

get your backyard bred mutt fixed and call it a day

Images
    ^
    agreed!

9. Quote Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
    there is no such thing as a gator pit.
    I don't know if that's true; mine is part pig! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Budboy88 View Post
    are gator pits related to gata moufs??..

get your backyard bred mutt fixed and call it a day

Too late: 5 1/2 week old puppies - Introductions

11. My little girl allegedly had papers, but the previous owners just can't seem to get them. So I call my pup a BYB not a APBT. BYB stand for back yard bully. I'm fixing her and as long as she has no HA she can continue to breath. ;)

If your not planning to start a kennel and breed, just enjoy your pet and don't worry about it. IMO

If I had to do it all over again, I would have gotten my pup from a reputible breeder that has proven lines with proven temperments. Don't get me wrong, I love my pup. It's just a bit of a crap shoot if you get a APBT from a shelter or from a back yard breeder. Oh well, live and learn.

Wow, boston you're beautiful... sorry off topic I know but it's better and nicer than what I have to say to the OP. I tried to stay away from this thread because I knew what it would say but it just kept irking me... first there's no such thing as a gator pit second why would you get any kind of dog without know "what kind it is" third there are no "kinds" of "pits" fourth unfortunately as boston has posted it's already too late.
    Last edited by Krista; 06-02-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Images
    first there's no such thing as a gator pit second why would you get any kind of dog without know "what kind it is" third there are no "kinds" of "pits"
    LOL i love you Shaka. :p

LOL... SShhhh you're gonna make the others jealous.

15. Quote Originally Posted by ShakaZ View Post
    Wow, boston you're beautiful... sorry off topic I know but it's better and nicer than what I have to say to the OP. I tried to stay away from this thread because I knew what it would say but it just kept irking me... first there's no such thing as a gator pit second why would you get any kind of dog without know "what kind it is" third there are no "kinds" of "pits" fourth unfortunately as boston has posted it's already too late.
    Don't you know anything!?! There are 2 kinds of Pits; blue nose and red nose! What is a APBT, Am Staff, or a Am Bully anyway. I just know MY dog is 100% Blue nose Pit! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't confuse ignorance for an idiocy. Most "Pit" owners don't know there is difference. Just do a simple survey. Go to the park and/or to PETCO/ PETSMART and ask the owners of "Pit Bulls" what kind of dogs do they have. I bet 75%+ will tell ya blue nose or red nose. I do it all the time and it just makes me laugh. I use to try and enplane the difference :confused: Most would look at me confused, some would tell me they have papers that say they are pure Blue Nose. Now I just tell them about this place and hope they can read!
    Last edited by Krista; 06-02-2010 at 01:12 PM.

IMO, most of the population are idiots. I guess I would have a black nosed pit then.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeshack View Post
    I don't know if that's true; mine is part pig! ;)
    hey i said there were no gator pits.... not pig pits ;)

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by snakeshack View Post
    Don't you know anything!?! There are 2 kinds of Pits; blue nose and red nose! What is a APBT, Am Staff, or a Am Bully anyway. I just know MY dog is 100% Blue nose Pit! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't confuse ignorance for an idiocy. Most "Pit" owners don't know there is difference. Just do a simple survey. Go to the park and/or to PETCO/ PETSMART and ask the owners of "Pit Bulls" what kind of dogs do they have. I bet 75%+ will tell ya blue nose or red nose. I do it all the time and it just makes me laugh. I use to try and enplane the difference :confused: Most would look at me confused, some would tell me they have papers that say they are pure Blue Nose. Now I just tell them about this place and hope they can read!
    I wish someone smart would ask me what breeds i have.. sigh.. people come up to me asking, and they reply "yeah, i had an american white pit, "or "an american english white pit" or once i told someone what breed i had, and he looked at me funny and sad yeah yeah.. but i mean what KIND... blue nose? red nose? and i just looked puzzled back at him.

18. I'm gonna tell the next person who asks that it's NOT a Pit, it's a Chihuahua/ Great Dane mix.

So, you got a random dog, let her breed, have no clue about vaccinations/wormings/ pesticides despite weeks to research and get a good vet or a spay/abort and now you want to know what "kind" of Pit you have so you can sell the pups for some $$?

Congratulations, you are now officially part of the problem.

Images
    and another reason why the breeds (bulldog breeds) is in the $#@!ter. :(:mad:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast