Thread: Gr$#@! Eating?

Gr$#@! Eating?

My dog grazes on gr$#@! like a cow.. why is this? Is it because shes lacking something in her food?

mine does the same...any answers??

Images
    Mollie has to have her "salad" every day! For some dogs, they will eat gr$#@! if they have an upset stomach, but for some, they just like to munch on it. As long as the gr$#@! doesn't have any chemicals (like Roundup) on it, it will be ok for them to graze on it. I don't think I could stop Mollie from her daily salads, but the only time Bella eats gr$#@! is when her stomach is upset. Different strokes for different... dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    Mollie has to have her "salad" every day! For some dogs, they will eat gr$#@! if they have an upset stomach, but for some, they just like to munch on it. As long as the gr$#@! doesn't have any chemicals (like Roundup) on it, it will be ok for them to graze on it. I don't think I could stop Mollie from her daily salads, but the only time Bella eats gr$#@! is when her stomach is upset. Different strokes for different... dogs.
    lol, X2. some dogs just like the way it tastes. some dogs puke after eating it, some dont. there really isnt any medical reasoning behind it. it just tastes good i think, lol. one of my dogs will not only eat graves but leaves off of some bushes. silly things

My dogs have been grazing since the snow melted. They also like to eat the bushes around my house.

Certain gr$#@! for different reasons. For puking they usually eat a very coarse gr$#@! that will irritate the esophagus and cause them to retch. Other gr$#@! are eaten because................................they like em! Lots of vitamins and minerals in gr$#@! and chlorophyll too, plant 'blood' so to speak, heehee, very nutritious for them.
    My guys even pull up some sod and eat the roots. Couch gr$#@! roots are a very excellent medicinal herb for bladder issues, and also contain many minerals and vitamins.
    You would be amazed if you followed my dogs around and watched what they ate at different times of the year and for various reasons. Never had any issues because of it. Healthy, happy, free range dogs!!!! :)

Rhys likes to graze too. never threw up from it, I think he's flossing :-P
    He seems to like it, he refuses to play ball sometimes because its grazing time.

8. Wow I always thought it wasn't good for dogs to eat gr$#@!...Sadie eats some so I guess I wont tell her not to now!

my dog eats gr$#@! all the time, along with leaves. what i hate is when he eats clumps of dirt.

the other dog i took my dogs to the pond by my house, and my youngest started chowing down the gr$#@! in crazy amounts, weeds, gr$#@!, anything, and than was throwing up several times. i was getting so pissed.

Lily can't be outside for 5 seconds without eating gr$#@! or weeds or anything green. It's incredibly frustrating. She'll literally stop on a walk to get blade of gr$#@!. It's like she's addicted to the stuff.
    When we get the gr$#@! mowed I have to go through the lawn with a rake and rake up all the dead gr$#@! because she'll just eat it in clumps. Her poop is half gr$#@! most of the time.
    I guess she's fine. She's healthy, good weight, good poops, other than the half gr$#@! part.
    :rolleyes: Oh well. She's a dog, she does doggy things, not much I can do about that.

My dog also eats gr$#@! daily and all the bushes around my yard. He doesn't even want to share. If I have gr$#@!, a flower, or a stick in my hand he wants it. LOL. He has never got sick from it.

Gr$#@! is tasty. Just be careful that they don't get to any that has been treated for weeds.

Images
    Just think of it as fiber..

Bella will dig down sometimes and eat roots... she's such a goober dork! :p

Yep its normal! Cleo eats gr$#@!, along with bushes ALL the time :)

Images
    I don't like that dogs eat a lot of gr$#@! as any dog that I have seen with bloat have had quite a lot of gr$#@! in their stomach. I don't know if it is coincidence or because it ferments quickly or whatever but I try to not let grazing happen. An occasional mouthful though, I doubt does any harm and probably good.

17. my 9 wk old pup rips chunks of the lawn right out of the ground. lol i think she does it to mess with me,lol she loves eating gr$#@! and leaves from the bushes and trees.

Images
    @Mollie's Nana... I'm so glad that you mentioned the RoundUp!!! My dog "Chuey" loves to eat gr$#@!, but we did have to take him to the vet a few months ago after ingesting RoundUp from a neighbor's front yard. Very Scary! Please... just use caution...hopefully your neighbors are more caring than ours was and will inform you of this!