Thread: ukc or ckc?

ukc or ckc?

ok so i called them both cause i wanted too see if i could get indy registered....ckc said i have too wait til she is 6 months and explained everything too me...ukc all she said is i have too wait til i get her spayed (which i plan on doing) and i can register with their LP program which i have no idea what that is the lady seemed bitchy so i didnt wanna conversate and further with her lol so could someone tell me what LP is and who i should register her with

Images
    limited privilege

it means that u can do weight pull which u would really have to wait a year to start her. as for ckc they dont mean sh*t

United Kennel Club: Limited Privilege

"UKC Limited Privilege Registration is offered by UKC to encourage all dog owners to be active and enjoy time with their dogs. This program accepts Mix Bred dogs (also known as American Mixed Bred dogs, or AMB), purebred dogs of unknown or incomplete pedigrees, purebred dogs registered with registries the UKC does not acknowledge, and purebred dogs with disqualifying faults. Dogs enrolled in the LP Program must be spayed or neutered and, if accepted, are eligible to compete in all Performance Events for which the breed is eligible; however, they are not eligible for conformation events. LP listed purebred dogs of the Gun Dog Group are eligible for Hunting Retriever events

Documents necessary for Limited Privilege Registration are as follows:

Step 1: Completed Limited Privilege Registration Application

Step 2: Spay/neuter certificate, or if not available, then have a licensed veterinarian complete and sign the statement on the Application for Limited Privilege Application.

Step 3: Fee of $20.00

(Optional) if you wish to have the dog identified as a specific breed, two color photographs (3 inches x 3 inches minimum) of the dog, one standing in profile and the other a close up of the dog's head must be submitted so that the dog can be compared to the given breed standard."

wow! well thanks ill def go with UKC the only reason i wanted to get her registered is so i could join events with her...papers dont mean anything to me but its for her and me too have fun together! ( not that we cant with out the events but you all know what i mean lol) thanks for the info on LP i greatly appreciate it

Images
    yeh you dont want to be $#@!ociated with ckc there a bunch of puppy peddling mutt peddling moe rons!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pack1%er View Post
    yeh you dont want to be $#@!ociated with ckc there a bunch of puppy peddling mutt peddling moe rons!

very well put :D

AKC also has a similar program to the UKC's LP so you can compete in AKC events (except conformation) called AKC Canine Partners (AKC also has a PAL/ILP, but the dog has to be purebred and a breed recognized in AKC studbooks:)

http://www.akc.org/mixedbreeds/index...ea=mixedbreeds

Quote Originally Posted by 6pack1%er View Post
    ahhh ok i didnt know that now i do! i woulda never called em' if i knew they were that bad of s$#@!!

Images
    ADBA now has the limited performance program as well

American Dog Breeders $#@!ociation

awesome ill look in to the akc and adba too thanks!

you can just go up to a non sanctioned fun show as well and participate in all cl$#@!.

out of those id go with ADBA. UKC is bullies and AmStaffs and CKC is garbage

bullyluv: Please take what people say here with a grain of salt. Most of them don't know anything about CKC except for what they may have heard some from someone else.

I can tell you from first hand experience that CKC is no worse than UKC or ADBA. Almost all my ADBA/AADR dogs are dualed with the CKC b/c we do not have an AADR club in my state or any state close by. We have an ADBA club, but they only hold one show a year - if that. The CKC was holding events in my state long before ADBA or AADR & usually held several events a year.

As a result, I have been going to CKC pulls & shows in my state for years. I have had a great time at every one of them & here's a little secret for you - 99.9% of the APBTs you compete against in the CKC are also ADBA registered. In years of going to CKC events have yet to meet one APBT that was not.

Now CKC did bring upon itself a bad reputation b/c they had lax registration rules for a while & b/c they were one of the first KCs to register hybrids. But the ADBA had very lax single registration rules for over 100 years. In fact I personally know of a fellow who registered a CKC dog into the ADBA! And guess what the ADBA is now doing? Registering hybrids! :eek:

And before anyone howls "but CKC registers mutts!" I say "name me a KC that doesn't." The ADBA has Whopper dogs & the like. The UKC has Gotti dogs & the like. The fact is ALL KCs operate on the honesty of it's applicants. last I looked, NO KC is going to go door to door to investigate the claims of the applicants. Heck the ADBA requires $500 before they will even investigate a report of paper hanging!

So whether folks want to admit it or not, when it comes to ADBA, UKC or CKC you've pretty much got six of one & half dozen of another. The ADBA & UKC are more established & have a better reputation, but the bottom line is they have done or are doing the same thing CKC has done or is doing.

Just something to think about.

Peace & happiness ...
    Last edited by ABK; 05-24-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Budboy88 View Post
    out of those id go with ADBA. UKC is bullies and AmStaffs and CKC is garbage

at our last ukc show a game breed apbt won best in show. its not all bully and amstaffs

Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post
    bullyluv: Please take what people say here with a grain of salt. Most of them don't know anything about CKC except for what they may have heard some from someone else.

I can tell you from first hand experience that CKC is no worse than UKC or ADBA. Almost all my ADBA/AADR dogs are dualed with the CKC b/c we do not have an AADR club in my state or any state close by. We have an ADBA club, but they only hold one show a year - if that. The CKC was holding events in my state long before ADBA or AADR & usually held several events a year.

As a result, I have been going to CKC pulls & shows in my state for years. I have had a great time at every one of them & here's a little secret for you - 99.9% of the APBTs you compete against in the CKC are also ADBA registered. In years of going to CKC events have yet to meet one APBT that was not.

Now CKC did bring upon itself a bad reputation b/c they had lax registration rules for a while & b/c they were one of the first KCs to register hybrids. But the ADBA had very lax single registration rules for over 100 years. In fact I personally know of a fellow who registered a CKC dog into the ADBA! And guess what the ADBA is now doing? Registering hybrids! :eek:

And before anyone howls "but CKC registers mutts!" I say "name me a KC that doesn't." The ADBA has Whopper dogs & the like. The UKC has Gotti dogs & the like. The fact is ALL KCs operate on the honesty of it's applicants. last I looked, NO KC is going to go door to door to investigate the claims of the applicants. Heck the ADBA requires $500 before they will even investigate a report of paper hanging!

So whether folks want to admit it or not, when it comes to ADBA, UKC or CKC you've pretty much got six of one & half dozen of another. The ADBA & UKC are more established & have a better reputation, but the bottom line is they have done or are doing the same thing CKC has done or is doing.

Just something to think about.

Peace & happiness ...
    DITTO!!!! Yeah, what she said!
    It really depends on how much activity you want to do. Where I live, all the registries have only one or two shows around here, so since I want to work my dogs and stay active, I go where the show is regardless. But when It comes to breeding, we are MUCH MORE PICKY. That is where you get the history.

Quote Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
    you can just go up to a non sanctioned fun show as well and participate in all cl$#@!.
    ^ Probably the best piece of advice here so you don't get involved in the KC drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefamily View Post
    Where I live, all the registries have only one or two shows around here, so since I want to work my dogs and stay active, I go where the show is regardless.
    That's how we are. It doesn't matter if it's ADBA, AADR, UKC or yes, even CKC, if they have a show or pull in my area, I go. I'm not all hung up on the name of the registry putting on the event but rather the camaraderie & fun of the shows & pulls.

Blessings ... :)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

ckc vs ukc

which is better UKC or CKC

ukc vs ckcakc vs ckc vs ukcdoes ukc recognize ckccan u breed ukc and ckc togetherukc or ckcckc vs akc vs ukc can u breed a ckc to a ukcdoes ckc recognize ukcis ukc or ckc betteris ckc or ukc betteris ukc better than ckcwhat breed of pitbull is better ukc or ckcdoes adba investigate papersdoes the ukc acknowledge ckcckc vs. ukcckc is garbageukc vs ckc pitbullsdoes the ukc recognize ckc site:pitbull-chat.com adba vs ukcdoes ckc register am bulliesadba or ckc ukc pitwhats better ckc or ukcwhats better ukc or ckcckc for pitbull terriors vs. akc vs adbais it better to have ckc or ukc paperbreed ckc with ukccan u breed ckc and ukc and registerukc vs akc pitbullsis ckc or ukc better knowndoes ckc recognize bully breedsukc accept ckcWhats better ukc akc ckc or adba when buying a pitbullukc vs ckc dog registration