1. West Chester, OH dog park prohibits 'Pitbulls'

Copied & pasted from a Facebook pit bull page:

This is what's happening in our society folks!! Now, where there is no BSL, West Chester, Ohio, parks are discriminating on their own accord. WE MUST BE HEARD!! Please contact, Jason Boerger, Chief operating executive of the metroparks of Butler county for this ignorant sign. (VOA Park in West Chester, Ohio ) boergerjm@butlercountyohio.org Parks ordinance [1545.09 13d No person shall have or maintain any animal within the Park that excites fear or disturbs the quiet or enjoyment of other persons]
    Here's the sign posted at the park:

See, it's like what a member here said (and forgive me that I can't remember who), that when pit bull owners fail to govern themselves, the government steps in and does it for us

Yeah, as much as I hate BSL.

This might be the only option to keep people's dogs safe.

3. I agree :(

All the furmommies have already started writing about how much their "pit bull" is always soooo well behaved at the dog park

The latest news is that they took the sign down and replaced it with a sign prohibiting any dog with "aggressive tendencies". Let's see how long it takes for the no-pit bull sign to come back up once Pollyanna Pit Bull Mommy's "pibble" attacks a Morkie....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lovegingers View Post
    I agree :(

All the furmommies have already started writing about how much their "pit bull" is always soooo well behaved at the dog park

The latest news is that they took the sign down and replaced it with a sign prohibiting any dog with "aggressive tendencies". Let's see how long it takes for the no-pit bull sign to come back up once Pollyanna Pit Bull Mommy's "pibble" attacks a Morkie....
    The morkie likely started it.............:D

5. I'm a little curious when a pit bull became it's own species... ??

I really could care less if they are banned from dog parks as I think dog parks are useless and should be shut down. BSL has already made their way through Cincinnati and Fairfield. I can see it spreading through the greater Cincinnati area in about another year or two sadly.

I would support this sign, if they amended it to DOG aggressive dogs, and didn't imply that "pit bull" is a species.

No pit bull should be allowed into a dog park.

AND.. I'd change the photo, too. Where's the dog's neck?

These folks are right with how that sign is worded. What they are saying is, this is not limmited to just "pitbulls" it's all agressive dogs. You all need to look around and realize that the petbull population is responsible for this type of $#@!. The ppl that say their pet would never do it and the ppl that let their pets terrorize communitys.

This is an opprotunity for a club to do a community outreach, step in and say yeah...responsible owners do not bring their APBT to dog parks. Don't bash them commend them! These ppl ned to be shown that there are responsible owners not these poor examples they need to regulate.

simms, the point about the wording is that it's breed, not species. ;)

There's been a thread or three on our forum that began as people being outraged that their "pit bulls" were banned from dog parks, but always end up with; GOOD! They don't belong in dog parks and if you REALLY want to be part of giving them a good name, keep them out of potential fire storms like dog parks.
    I'd love to see dog parks abolished, period.

10. I so agree with it. Dog parks are an accident waiting to happen...FOR ALL DOGS. End of story. PERIOD!!!

Considering Ohio has statewide BSL since they consider all Pit bulls dangerous you'd think these people would be more worried about that....

Quote Originally Posted by MJJean View Post
    Considering Ohio has statewide BSL since they consider all Pit bulls dangerous you'd think these people would be more worried about that....
    Ohio does not have a statewide BSL. I live very close to Ohio and the Greater Cincinnati area... I actually grew up in Ohio.

BSL Breed Specific Legislation in Ohio

But I do agree that dog parks should be abolished all together but unfortunately that will never happen because many people believe that all dogs should have doggy friends and the only way to socialize dogs is to let them run all willy nilly with other dogs. As long as dog parks are around, I agree that breeds that have higher tendencies of DA should not be allowed to go.

Images
    ive never heard as much $#@! about a sign in all my days ...and the bs is coming from non pit owners ..I MUST BE THE ONLY PITBULL OWNER ON THIS SITE.. , if some of u people had ur way you would exsterminate this breed...i bring my dogs over to the park at least 3 days a week and the only thing i have to worrie about is the fools who let their mutts off the leash...and they call themselfs responsable owers...

Images
    Ideally the sign wouldn't be necessary as people would have the common sense not to take their dogs there but common sense seems to be lacking nowadays. I still don't understand why people go there as I can see no benefits to going to a place like that.

15. Quote Originally Posted by anton View Post
    i bring my dogs over to the park at least 3 days a week and the only thing i have to worrie about is the fools who let their mutts off the leash...and they call themselves responsible owners...
    That might be true, but when one day your dogs defend themselves against the Irresponsible Owner's mutt. The media will not say "Pit bull protects himself from mutt". It will say, "Pit bull attacks at the dog park," and then everyone's dog is on the chopping block, because you felt you were above everyone else by bringing your "pit bulls" to the dog park.