Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You do not need papers to compete in APA or IWPA pulls! :)

You don't need a registered dog to participate in APA APA Home Page

Images
    I do thanks. They are both so funny and make me smile even when I don't feel like it. They are my babies and I'm a very proud mama.

Well not that I'd condone it but there are several ways to get an unpapered dog registered and I personally have met people through my friends that have done so. I'd never condone it but paper hanging is just too easy these days, especially if you have the money. My friend's homeboy and someone I'm cool with got a blue ambully that is unpapered but is 100 lbs. and 22 inches withers. Supposedly RE/Gotti but no papers. He paid $1000 for the dog so he wanted to get his moneys worth. Well he submitted his dog for registration and was denied by the ABKC due to lack of papers. Then the second time, he got the dog registered and the dog has taken 4 shows sanctioned by the ABKC in the 6 month and 12 month category. The dog has also taken biggest head and got 3rd place in conformation. I won't mention how he did it, but there are too many loopholes and with $$$, anything is possible. This is why I don't go by papers and to be honest, papers are useless as some of the best dogs in history lacks them.

FYI, many bully bloodlines that are registed ADBA, UKC, and ABKC aren't represented correctly by them. In fact, many kennels are coming up all over NYC and my boys are cool with them, by $#@!ociation I too am cool with them. In one case, one of my homeboy actually $#@!isted in getting the ambully and the cane corso to breed and the 'breeder" has papers on the resulting pups and most sold for $1,500 as an XL blue pit. I won't mention names or kennel names, but I will tell you to don't go by papers at all. "Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" is the rule I go by unless if I was there personally and/or I hear it from someone that is close to me and has nothing to gain/lose.
    Last edited by RealDawgs; 05-17-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Images
    I too hear a lot of names and bloodlines being thrown around. My ex just just got a blue and white un papered and it is supposedly gotti and razors edge but I think people will say anything to sell a puppy and the blues for some reason especially out here. I'm not as much a fan of the blues as I am the reds and brindles but to each his own I suppose and if someone is willing to throw that kind of money round for an unpapered dog then that's their business. Like I said I'm not trying to get recognition to breed my girl but was interested in the pulls and fun shows. My dogs mean more to me than what some papers have to say and if someone wants to look down on me for not havin any then so be it. I just love my pits...bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbullchick27 View Post
    I too hear a lot of names and bloodlines being thrown around. My ex just just got a blue and white un papered and it is supposedly gotti and razors edge but I think people will say anything to sell a puppy and the blues for some reason especially out here. I'm not as much a fan of the blues as I am the reds and brindles but to each his own I suppose and if someone is willing to throw that kind of money round for an unpapered dog then that's their business. Like I said I'm not trying to get recognition to breed my girl but was interested in the pulls and fun shows. My dogs mean more to me than what some papers have to say and if someone wants to look down on me for not havin any then so be it. I just love my pits...bottom line.

Well if its means anything, the truest and purest of bulldogs are unpapered and are probably tangling with a hog as we speak. Also paper hanging is extremely easy and yet it is considered one of the harder methods of having your paperless dog registered. There are many kennels here in NYC that doesn't show pedigree and yet have dogs that have won in ABKC sanctioned shows and are registered ABKC.

So no papers for my leo. He will be illegal. Btw my pup is 23lbs at 11wks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE-LEO View Post
    So no papers for my leo. He will be illegal. Btw my pup is 23lbs at 11wks
    huh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12