bald spot on tail

my puppy has a bald spot on his tail for about 2 months now. it hasnt grown or gone away. you can see hairs growing but they are small. his skin flakes a lot on his tail and you can scratch it off. he isnt itchy at all and doesnt seem to bother him. he was on cephelexin(sp?) for 10 days but it did nothing. he didnt have any mites under the scope so im not sure what it is.

HELLO!

In bull terriers...i was told bald spot on the tail, or the top of the head was happening due to the dog be it male or female was experiencing a large amount of hormones at this time, meaning they are at there peak surge of hormones causing the balding.

All my bull terriers that are in tact, have experienced this before, even my bitches and my friends dogs are notorious for having it too, and usually the females and the males were acting more hormonal as well.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Is your dog intact and hold old is he??

Hello!

hes had it from about 9weeks old and is now going on 16weeks old. i paid 100 at the vet so he could give gime medicine that did nothing. i could of probably fed him the 100 and done more than that.

dont waist money on pathetic doctor meds, you can try all natural medications with no nasty side effects and your dog can not become immune to it, they will always work, azmira makes a line of holistic meds, and im sure some for skin a coat.

a friend of mine with the bull terriers believed it was due to being crated why our dogs had the bald spots, i tend to believe more the hormonal reason than the crate reason due to my spayed female dog not having any of the baldness. I used to work so hard trying to fill in those bald spots, but now I have just given up and let it go.

What food are you feeding? Have you tried giving fish oil for the skin and coat? Possibly brushing that spot once a day can help cause it to grow back, but other than that, I would just not worry about it too much, my experience tells me, a little baldness on the tail has never been a big deal. I have seen tons of bull terriers with it.

lol at the joke about the money, yea dont bother, take your dog to the vet when he REALLY needs to go, not for a tiny bald spot on the tail, my dogs go to the vet when they really need to, but not for anything minor.

yeah i didnt want to take him to the vet, so i waited a month with out it going away. i never takes meds for anything, let alone make my dog take them. after a week of the meds not doing anything i went to buy some fish oil pills.

im giving him kirkland puppy kibble. ill try brushing that area daily. his skin flakes a lot on his tail. it takes a few days for it to build up once you remove it. hopefully the fish oil helps it out some. im not to worried about it now but just wanted to make sure it wasnt the start of something bigger to come.

yeah i was surprised that for the money he charged nothing came out of it. oh well thanks for the suggestions.

You can try a ''de-greasing'' shampoo. The correct term for it is supracaudal gland hyperplasia or supracaudal gland infection so you can look it up if you want to research more. Some people call it stud tail, but that is actually more a term for cats.

Images
    get some nu-stock

what is nu stock?

I was thinking of trying nu-stock. Ill look into the shampo.

Images
    http://www.nustock.com/
    it does help with a lot of stuff :)