Thread: Vaginal Bumps?

Vaginal Bumps?

Well i did a search, because Lord knows i didnt want to have to make this thread.

Here goes.

My dog is a Female, 8 month old American Pit Bull Terrier. Ive noticed that she has these red bumps on her vaginal area, even in the lip of the vulva.

They look like they could be ingrown hairs, or perhaps pimples? She has not had her first heat, and ive noticed quite a few black pubic hairs on her recently spring up(she is a cream color, so the black hairs are very noticeable.), which leads me to believe the bumps are perhaps ingrown hairs.

I would like to get the opinion of someone here before taking her to her primary Vet.

There have been no changes in food or routine. We were visiting the dog park a little more than normal, and im a little worried she contracted something from a dog through sniffing/licking? But i really havent been able to fine info about venereal diseases besides Brucellosis and CTVT, but i dont think either of those are the case.

I have a picture of the bump on the vulva, but i didnt want to post right away in case someone was eating their lunch while reading this. ;) If someone would like to see it, id be happy to post it.

I dont think its too bad, but better safe than sorry.

Any advice or opinions on the situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

P.S. I have posted this on petdocsoncall.com, and hopefully can get some opinions from Vets before taking Gracie to the Vet.

It could be allergies. When my girl has a bad flare up, she will get 'pimples' on her vulva, and hives all over the rest of her body.

What kind of allergies did you pup have that caused it?

What concerns me is those bumps are only on the vaginal area.

She has food and seasonal allergies. Its always been season allergies that have affected her like that, though. I think its gr$#@! pollen.

Scarling will get ''pustuales'' on her vulva, chin, and other places on certain foods. Venus had some pustuale issues as an adolescent and the vet said probably hormone realated like adolescent acne. Scarling only had it bad enough once that we did a around of antibiotics with her. I think it was the Orijen that caused it and it exteneded all the way down her legs.

ttt for more opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    Scarling will get ''pustuales'' on her vulva, chin, and other places on certain foods. Venus had some pustuale issues as an adolescent and the vet said probably hormone realated like adolescent acne. Scarling only had it bad enough once that we did a around of antibiotics with her. I think it was the Orijen that caused it and it exteneded all the way down her legs.
    All of my dogs this...Queen is super bad.