Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned View Post
    To answer the question, one tie is certainly enough to get a dog pregnant, but not always, sometimes the bitch won't take... Some breeders do several ties over several days.

But of course you need to have your dog's health checked, hips/elbows heart and eyes are a good place to start, would not want to p$#@! on any health problems that you can't see with the naked eye to a puppy...

Do you show or work your dogs to prove them breedworthy?
    Good posting!:)

I understand what you're saying Poisoned, really I do. But for me with something as involved as breeding is, there is no "quick, easy time-saving" anything. Yeah there are some questions that can and should be answered online with a quick yes no debate or whathave you.... ANYTHING to do with breeding is NOT one of those type questions. How to break up a dog fight sure no problem AND how to prevent them in the future.... how to create a chainspot okay cool. What if I came on here and asked how to crop a dog's ears.... is that the type of question that should be asked on an online forum? IMO no.

I thought Bulldogs and Bullies (AmBullies) were different and that AmBullies are not bred except to other AmBullies (now). So I think ShakaZ got it in one.

Also I am sure the Cayman Islands have google and Bulldogs don't need to tie differently than any other dog do they?

As far as I know they don't Mag, which is why I feel doing a little footwork is applicable in this situation. in about 60 days they'll be back on here wanting to know where the pups are what kind of equipment they need to whelp and all other basic info that could be found in a good book. I consider myself a breed steward not an "advocate", doing what I can and taking the necessary care that I have to to p$#@! the correct APBT on to the next generation... If that means witholding info from certain people well so be it.
    Last edited by ShakaZ; 05-06-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: ADD

Images
    im askin becuz the dog that bred my dog only stuck once and thats the first time i've ever seen him like that becuz i know the dogs background and i've seen him breed several times but he's just not interested anymore...I've helped deliver only god knows how many litters, people actually bring thier dogs to me becuz i know how to take of them at birth..im simply askin becuz the dogs not his usual breeding self and he hasn't been bred in about 3 months
    Last edited by CoolHandJean; 05-06-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Content.

She's probably to fat for his liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
    Damn you beat me to it. :D
    Last edited by CoolHandJean; 05-06-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Content.

Images
    Well, perhaps he's just not in the mood... I've known males who have to be nearly forced to mate a willing female.

Though did you see my questions about health testing and such?

I'm not familiar with where you live, but are pit bulls a common breed where you are?

9. He might have a disease. Do you make sure the females are tested before you allow them to breed to your male? I.e. Brucellosis

Or he might just be tired, if he is, give him a break.
    Last edited by CoolHandJean; 05-06-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Images
    Rudeness and guessing the OPs intentions and reasons are pointless, if you don't have anything helpful to add, don't post... It won't change anything.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakaZ View Post
    You are right to an extent Poisoned. At the same time if they REALLY wanted to know why not go to a library check out a book on breeding, how to do it what to expect what to do when the dam won't nurse, how to handle a breech birth all in that book, instead of comming online with that question to get an easy response? Next question, when do I make the tie because some people say when she is bleeding and some say after?

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Mutt.

yo bruh dont tell me what im doing, im not breeding that blue dog thats my dogs brother, so chill ya self.

well i quess you need to tell your brother to stop breeding. im tired of BYB acting like they facinate the breed when its only the money they care about
    Last edited by youknow2; 05-06-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned View Post
    I'm not familiar with where you live, but are pit bulls a common breed where you are?

they are but there illegal to import now so people smuggle in breeds and such but there arent a lot of good known lines only certain people have them but it's a small island its only 76 square miles, but the breed me and most of friends have, have bulldog in the breed and were currently the only ones on the island with this kind of breed,

Images
    With bullies I find that the best results are seen if you breed when they are not in season.

Holy cow, in 76 square miles the puppies are going to outnumber the people 50 to one at this rate! Hope you have lots of pooper scoopers there.

Quote Originally Posted by magdalena View Post
    I thought Bulldogs and Bullies (AmBullies) were different and that AmBullies are not bred except to other AmBullies (now). So I think ShakaZ got it in one.

Also I am sure the Cayman Islands have google and Bulldogs don't need to tie differently than any other dog do they?
    you have a lot of AmBully breeders who like to breed back to apbt ever other breeding or so to keep them somewhat game. or that is the line of thinking they use when they do it anyway.

i do 3 ties over 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by rob32 View Post
    you have a lot of AmBully breeders who like to breed back to apbt ever other breeding or so to keep them somewhat game. or that is the line of thinking they use when they do it anyway.
    sounds like an excuse to breed mutts to me, and a dog is either game or not ive never heard of a somewhat game dog

Images
    were not breeding them with regular pitbulls we try to reduce that breed as much as we can, we breed with half brothers and half sisters and most time we try to look for another breeder that has bulldog in the line some people do becuz they try to get the sperm here which is alot of trouble with our government

Well it sounds like you're doing everything responsible like buddy. congratulations.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
    LOLOLOLmao :p

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by youknow2 View Post
    well i quess you need to tell your brother to stop breeding. im tired of BYB acting like they facinate the breed when its only the money they care about
    my thoughts exactly.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Budboy88 View Post
    dog is either game or not ive never heard of a somewhat game dog
    LOL :p i also never heard of that either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast