Images

Ach! Almost killed my finned friends...

First thing this morning, I went out and fed the fish, saw that some of the water had evaporated and put the hose in the pond. I use straight tap to top it off, because it's so little chlorine it won't hurt them. Well, I turned the hose off and went off to do everything else that needed done.

Three hours later, I brought J home from his walk and went to fill up his water bucket, passing the pond I said to myself "Wow, it's very clear, and look how big she's gotten..." Seeing as I could see my biggest koi girl. And that's when I noticed it was overflowing, and all of the fish were visible and stressed. I'd turned the hose UP, not off. :eek:

So I went into full blown fishy-momma panic, and got a friend to run out and get some water treatment while I pulled the fish out.

Luckily, I am in the process of selling some lilies, and had them in a cooler of the old pond water next to the pond... So I threw the lilies in the pond and started netting fish out and putting them in the cooler.

I tell you, I keep calmer separating two fighting dogs than I do when my fish are in trouble

Amazingly, everyone is fine so far.

I'll get some pics of my little ones up in a little while... I need a shower...

Images
    Thats a little funny hope all your fish are OK that reminds me I need to add water to my tank

Oh no! Glad they seem to be ok. I can't even count how many near death fish accidents I had when I was keeping them, they are harder to take care of than people think!

Images
    Well, here's a vid within seconds of returning the the pond... Little buggers are already eating.
    [ame="http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/bettagul/?action=view&current=P4170395.flv"]P4170395.flv video by bettagul - Photobucket[/ame]

Ignore my pruney hands, been in the water all day... And Tia painted my nails vomit green

Here's my largest koi at the moment. No name female..

Two unnamed white goldfish mixes... They were the hardest to deal with, fast as lightning and mean..

Angel, my 'special' one, she's a pearscale mix, and I think may have very little eyesight.

Caddy, a fantail.

Little Freddy Krueger.

One of my metallic silver babies. No name yet. The big girl up top was this size last year.

Sharkie, a wal-mart rescue. You can't see, but his back is missing a chunk, and a tiny bit of his dorsal is left, and looks like a shark fin.

No named blue/black/white baby koi.

My Ryukin(mix?) rescue..

SO pretty! I LOVE Koi fish! Glad their doing great!:D

Pretty fish! I had a Koi pond at a property I lived at, but the dang birds and raccoons kept eating my fish!! No matter what kind of wire I put up, they got to them. :(
    I, for one, like the green nailpolish! lol

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 4PawsK9Svcs View Post
    I, for one, like the green nailpolish! lol
    (I secretly do too :D the more obnoxious, the better.)

Right now I have a net up for the birds... I've had my pond for years... Yet the oldest fish out there is two, and the rest are new because SOMEONE *cough* the stork who sits outside of my house still* at ALL of my old koi and my rescued shubunkin - "Schmookie" - who would come to me to be petted, in one night.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Pond is still very clear :D

I went out and fed everyone, al came up to eat, except for the big koi, she's pretty shy about it and waits until the others are out of her way.

You should name "no name female" ..... Nonami ;) lol