Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Harry Hargroves raided

Atlanta Humane Society helps with dog-fighting raid in N.C.

By Kristi E. Swartz

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    1:16 p.m. Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Atlanta Humane Society helped rescue 35 dogs from a possible dog-fighting operation in Duplin County, N.C., on Tuesday.

The dogs were removed and taken to an undisclosed location, Humane Society officials said.

One man, 76-year-old Harry Hargrove of Mt. Olive, was arrested.

Duplin County Sheriff*s investigators were able to conduct the raid based on a tip on an animal abuse tip line run by Norred & $#@!ociates, an Atlanta-based security firm.

Norred has helped with 21 raids on dog-fighting operations across the Southeast by pairing up with local law enforcement as well as the Atlanta Humane Society.

"Despite its illegality, people are still training and breeding pit bulls to participate in dog fights around the country," said Greg Norred, chief executive officer of Norred & $#@!ociates.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/atla...ss_news_128746

The Atlanta Humane Society helped rescue 35 dogs from a possible dog-fighting operation in Duplin County, N.C., on Tuesday. :confused::confused:

Norred & $#@!ociates

Surprise, Surprise. The H$U$ goons.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandJean View Post
    Norred & $#@!ociates

Surprise, Surprise. The H$U$ goons.
    LOL I know. Possible? How the hell can you take someones dogs on a possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaATL View Post
    LOL I know. Possible? How the hell can you take someones dogs on a possible.
    The same way you can arrest an "alleged" thief and confiscate the "supposed" stolen property.

i live in greenville not to far from duplin i wanna adopt one of these dogs i wonder how i go about doing this

Quote Originally Posted by bluebrindle View Post
    i live in greenville not to far from duplin i wanna adopt one of these dogs i wonder how i go about doing this
    the man hasnt been convicted of jack $#@! who are you to rush in and take his damn dogs?

some people

Quote Originally Posted by Budboy88 View Post
    the man hasnt been convicted of jack $#@! who are you to rush in and take his damn dogs?

some people
    They will kill his dogs without him being convicted.:mad: Would adoption not be preferential?:rolleyes: Yes I do wonder about some people.

They will not be available for adoption because he's not famous.... just the same as Ed Faron's dogs.... they will say they are too dangerous because they are "fighting dogs" just like they did with 6 week old puppies they took from Ed.

These people aren't in the business of saving dogs... they are in the business of killing American Pit Bull Terriers.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebrindle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NcPrisonGuard View Post
    They will not be available for adoption because he's not famous.... just the same as Ed Faron's dogs.... they will say they are too dangerous because they are "fighting dogs" just like they did with 6 week old puppies they took from Ed.

These people aren't in the business of saving dogs... they are in the business of killing American Pit Bull Terriers.

exactly. just like they did to Pat and Floyd before they were NEVER CONVICTED

10. HH is a good man.i hope he gets thru this and gets his "underfed" dogs back....

Images
    i feel so bad for him. :( i hope he gets his pups/dogs back and NOT PTS. :(:(

the HSUS, should be PTS. :mad:

Sheriff doesn't know where rescued dogs are

Sheriff doesn't know where rescued dogs are
    Submitted by Scott Pickey on Thu, 04/15/2010 - 4:21pm.

DUPLIN COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- We talked with Duplin County Sheriff Blake Wallace by phone this morning. He said his department got the original tip that Harry Hargrove was running the dog fighting ring busted Tuesday.

Wallace said he had never investigated something of this magnitude, so he called the Wilson County Sheriff's Department for advice, and they led him to the Atlanta Humane Society and Norred & $#@!ociates, a private investigating firm in Atlanta. He also said Hargrove only lived in Duplin County the last year or so and was shipping many of his dogs to other owners. That, Wallace said, is why his department was not aware of what was going on there.

Wallace said he cannot confirm Hargrove was running one of the top 5 dog-fighting rings in the country, which is what the Humane Society told us. He said he also does not know where the rescued dogs are, but that they're still in the Humane Society's care.

Sheriff doesnt know where rescued dogs are | WWAY NewsChannel 3 | Wilmington NC News

13. I find it fishy that the Sheriff doesn't even know where the dogs are.

Since when did humane societies become "The Law" and start running the show?

He doesn't know where they are because they're probably dead.

Images
    The people are losing control over the government. if that Sheriff does not know where the dogs are and since he went out and got the goon squad to do the job that he is paid to do maybe he should be voted out of Office. We need to take control back get rid of these individuals that are allowing groups like the HSUS and others to do this.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

I hate lose of control of the Government and our Freedoms more than the dog fighting.

DUPLIN COUNTY

A man involved with one of the top five dog fighting operations in the country has been charged with almost 60 felonies.

Harry Hargrove, 76, has been charged with 59 felonies, including 34 counts of felony dog fighting and 25 counts of felony animal cruelty. Deputies are still going through evidence, but say additional charges are anticipated.

The charges stem from a dog fighting raid where 35 dogs, mostly pit bulls, were found Tuesday. Investigators believed dozens of others were dead on the property on Buck Hill Road in Duplin County near Mount Olive.

Anna Ware with Atlanta-based security firm Norred & $#@!ociates called the raid a "huge" bust.

"Some of the most brutal, horrific conditions I've ever seen in my life," Ware said. "The malnourished, starving dogs would rather have me pet them than give them a treat."

The bust was set in motion when leads came in to an animal abuse tip line at the security firm.

Then, in came the Atlanta Humane Society to help remove the dogs. Miguel Abi-Hassan works for the Atlanta Humane Society and said they were happy to share their resources to help rescue the dogs.

"We have several dogs that have heavy scarring, heavy damage on their forelimbs, on their neck, on their face, damage around the eyes," Abi-Hassan said.

Abi-Hassan also said it is suspected the bodies of 30 to 40 dogs are buried in a pit on the property.

The dogs were taken to locations in Eastern North Carolina and out of state to fight according to Duplin County Sheriff Blake Wallace.

"He did have a fighting pit on the property, but we did not uncover any information that he was having fights in the recent past," Wallace said.

Investigators say Hargrove may have been operating the dog fighting ring for as many as 40 years, but Wallace said he had only recently moved back to his childhood home of Duplin County.

Wallace said he believes the bust will lead to other charges involving people outside of Duplin County. It's the first dog fighting ring he has helped uncover but thinks it's becoming a growing problem in the southeast.

"It's disturbing; it's hard for me to believe someone would derive please from seeing animals fight to the death," Wallace said.

Ware said there is hope for the dogs that are living; that their lives will dramatically change for the better from now on.

"Our goal here is to rescue these dogs, treat them, nourish them and then find them loving homes," Ware said.

Hargrove is currently in jail under a $258,000 bond.

http://news.mync.com/site/news/story...felony-charges

"It's disturbing; it's hard for me to believe someone would derive please from seeing animals fight to the death," Wallace said.

"This is horse$#@!... just more garbage spewed by people who have no knowledge of the breed or the sport" NCPrisonguard said... ;)

19. Anna Ware with Atlanta-based security firm Norred & $#@!ociates called the raid a "huge" bust. "Some of the most brutal, horrific conditions I've ever seen in my life," Ware said. "The malnourished, starving dogs would rather have me pet them than give them a treat."

First, every time they (Norred and the HSUS) do a bust, it is always, "The biggest most amazing greatest bust" ever.

Second, unless, they only showed videos of the good looking dogs. I have yet to see any "starved or malnourished" dogs.

Also, let's see a picture of this "fighting pit", because I don't know if anyone else remembers, but they have mistaken some dumb things before as supposed "fighting pits", like whelping pens. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NcPrisonGuard View Post
    "This is horse$#@!... just more garbage spewed by people who have no knowledge of the breed or the sport" NCPrisonguard said... ;)

So the sheriff, who SHOULD be in charge of this investigation, doesn't know where the dogs are... hmm.... and the "tip" of dog fighting going on at this property that lead to all this BS, yet no evidence that anything actually has?? Something is not adding up to me here.... Did the HSUS already buy out the law enforcement agency up there, or is someone doing some "personal favors" for someone higher up?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandJean View Post
    Also, let's see a picture of this "fighting pit", because I don't know if anyone else remembers, but they have mistaken some dumb things before as supposed "fighting pits", like whelping pens. lol.
    ... there was a case near me a few years back where they thought a barn with a single horse stall and a big pig pen were "fighting pits"... there were even pigs rooting around IN THE DAMN PEN when they took the evidence pics!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast