Images

Say hello to my little friends :D

I swear, I went to the pond store to get some hyacinth... BUT they were so sweet

They gave me the 'special' fish for free... I take all the gimpy ones. But I bought three healthy ones. Well, bought two got one free.

The healthy babies...

And the others mixed in (you can tell one has a crooked neck).

The tiny ones are baby Shubunkin's.

So, five koi and three shubunkins are now swimming in the pond with my other guys... How did that happen?! I just went for plants

It always happens that way! I had to look twice, I thought you had the fish in a toilet bowl!

A few years ago, I was outside building my garden pond. The neighbor walks up the road with her to kids, and they all are carrying buckets. Into my front yard they stroll, with water plants, and koi!

Very cool!! I see you are like me, have sucker written on your forehead. LOL

I love koi. The greenhouse I use to work at main focus was on waterplants and koi. It was really interesting to learn about. The owner always goes to a huge koi convention every year and comes back with some wick-$#@! cool koi that cost an arm, a leg and your first born.

Images
    They are great!! I love Koi... I had a few once, but I didn't know how to properly care for them, and they ended up dying, along with my really nice goldfish. :(

Images
    I can't tell you how many poor fish I killed before I actually did my research... I am a member on Aquariacentral and I learned everything from there. I started out with bettas, breeding them, I got a couple sired from Thailand bred bettas... I lost my entire stock overnight and I don't know what happened, but I never got back into them.

I had seven tanks running once and over 60 bettas.

Right now all I have is some guppies from a strain I was creating (a mix of wild and show guppies, to make them stronger but still flashy) and the pond...

I did a big water change in the pond a couple days ago, and the fish were breeding like crazy this morning. As the big ones were spawning, the new baby koi were right behind them eating the eggs

Hmm, I must have got lucky. I've had mine a few years now. I just keep putting fish food in the pond, clean it out once a year and keep up with the algaecide!

Oooo I love Koi fish! Too bad they wont stay tiny forever:D

Images
    I forgot I had my koi posted here.

I had to do a major cleaning out in the pond and very unfortunately the crooked head girl died a couple days later :( She was very sweet and loved to be touched and would come up to you wherever you were. I also lost my absolute favorite Fantail girl that I've had for a long long time. Apparently the pond I put them in (above ground) to hold them until I cleaned theirs out was tainted with something. The Fantail, The special koi, and several comets died as well as my mosquito fish. I felt awful.

I found something seriously unexpected though. The last fish I could NOT catch was a smallish brown koi, I had to drain the pond to nothing and it still took me forever to find him in the murkyness and catch him, but once I got him out I saw more movement and I though it moved like a catfish, but I have never put a cat in there. Lo and behold, when I finally got it out, there was a good 6" FAT channel cat. That explains where all of my small fish went.