Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Read!! What did your pit pup weigh at 3months?

Well, this has become a very interesting topic to me for some reason. I see that everyones puppy grows alot different then others even if they came from the same litter. My female pit gave birth two 9 pups and they all now given to good homes but me and my close friend kept 2 of the pups. We went to the vet yest and the girl weighs 17 and the boy weighs 22, its a big difference to me, his paws are enormous compaired to her, and in every other aspect too. So Im wondering how much did your pup weight at about 3months? lol.. im still shocked.:eek:;):D

will i just cheked my dogs wight today he is 16 pounds and he turned 3 months on the 1st of april

Is there a reason you are breeding your bitch?

Trina was 13lbs at 3 months.

5. if memory serves correct...

Cocaine was 17lbs
    Jaws was 19lbs

Izzy was 16 pounds.

Images
    I don't remember what Mollie weighed, but we adopted Bella when she was between 2-3 months old, best the vet could determine, and she weighed 23 lbs when we adopted her. Of course, neither of mine are pure bred as far as I know, so who knows what is running through their veins.

8. Luna was 15 pounds at 3 months and Bear was about 19ish.

9. Nakita was 14 lbs ...now at the age of 8 1/2 she is 55lbs

Nika was 23 lbs (she was a fat pup we thought she was going to turn out at least 75-80 lbs).... now at the age of 1 1/1 she is 55lbs

well @ jewlez im not breeding my pit, she just happened to have puppies with a eligible bachelor lol, and we kept 2 out of her litter, n the rest were sold to good homes. As I can see weight at this point is varied, and it doesnt really play much part in their adult lives. I guess we just have to wait and see. Her mom is a good 55-60 pounds and her dad is about 75-80. All the pups like i said are different with different structure, so I guess its just a matter of time. Thanks so much, and this still I find very interesting. I looked up predicting a pits weight and they said whatever weight they are at 4 months, multiply it by 2 and add 10 pounds. But then again, thats just a prediction. Best Regards.. > Cin

Cleo was 29lbs at 13 weeks... :)

We got Paddy at 3 months and she was 22lbs. she's a mix also :)

MJ weighed about 15lbs at that age, I think... She's 44.3 at 16 months of age as of her last weigh-in on March 26

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PORSCHASPARTAN View Post
    well @ jewlez im not breeding my pit, she just happened to have puppies with a eligible bachelor lol, and we kept 2 out of her litter, n the rest were sold to good homes. As I can see weight at this point is varied, and it doesnt really play much part in their adult lives. I guess we just have to wait and see. Her mom is a good 55-60 pounds and her dad is about 75-80. All the pups like i said are different with different structure, so I guess its just a matter of time. Thanks so much, and this still I find very interesting. I looked up predicting a pits weight and they said whatever weight they are at 4 months, multiply it by 2 and add 10 pounds. But then again, thats just a prediction. Best Regards.. > Cin
    are the puppies spayed/neutered? or are they in homes that are ACTIVELY showing or working their dogs?

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

i forgot how much Leia weighed at 3 months. i think the APBT/AST mix pups, Anakin & Anika are 18 lbs. i'm going go weigh them in a few.

Images
    I'm guessing you don';t have much experience with breeding. Considering males tend to be overall bigger than females, I'm not sure why this surprises you.

I keep track of all my pups weight to make sure they are growing properly and are staying healthy.

That being said it really is pointless to compare other people's dogs to yours unless they are the same bloodline and bred the same way.

Genetics plays the biggest role in what the pup will be, but factors like nutrition, overall health and environment/care all also play roles.

Pups from a line breeding will be most consistent in size within a litter, while there can be a bigger difference in litters that were outcrossed or scatter bred.

Images
    How long have you had your pit girl?

How old is your girl?

How old was the "eligible bachelor"?

Who owed the boy pit?

How much does your girl weight? The boy?

Bathory was around 23 lbs at 3 months of age.

18. Ellis was about 14# at 3mos, now he is 18 months old now and 43#.

Roxy's weight was also 17 pounds. I can't wait to see where she'll be at fully grown.

My Maggie Mae was 23lbs at 3 months. She is going to be a pretty big girl. She so strong already!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast