Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Things your pitbull ate

Dogs are know to swallow all kinds of objects; what did your pitbull eat?

Lucy likes cat poop. That's about it.

My Rottie however likes to eat rocks, coins, and bits of plastic and metal. He has a gift for hiding things in his mouth so when I catch him with something, and try to get it out, it magically disappears while I search his WHOLE mouth. Then it reappears when I take my hand out.

He also likes to bring in rocks from outside to chew on while he lays in my bed.

Bones... need i say more.

Jewelz doesn't eat anything weird, or mess with anything except bones.. and omg when there is a bone, its like a fat kid at a buffet...

MJ has a thing for Viva paper towels. No other brand, just Viva.:rolleyes:
    She also loves "litter crunchies", mint (it grows as a weed here), and razor blades. Really, if she is in the bathroom unsupervised, she is either drinking out of the toilet (she has a dog water fountain, why would she want to drink out of that though?!) or trying to eat my razor. I've had to get into the habit of putting my razor in the medicine cabinet instead of being able to leave it in the shower because I always fear she is going to hurt herself. Somehow, she manages to chew them up and ingest some injury free. It was rather embarassing going into the emergency vet with her and having to tell them "she ate my razor (again)".

Bottoms of sneakers, small ropes, halls(cough drop), and books. :eek:

My pup smashed an aquarium with her tail. Does that count? Of course it was full of water and fish.

Where I used to work, we had a GSP swallow 3 tennis balls (chewed up), and needed surgery. A chocolate lab came in after eating a giant towel that also needed surgery.
    Lily tried to eat a wodded up piece of chewed gum, napkin and all. Although scary because I didn't want her to eat it, it was kind of amusing watching her try to chew it. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by LilianaLove; 03-07-2010 at 07:59 PM.

hmmm... to much to list here...

I keep muzzles handy well one day, my one dog was muzzled for whatever reason, I can't recall now, anyways, I noticed his muzzle wasn't on... I figured he buried it out back in the sand... I looked all over for and then one day after a couple days of searching... I come home from work, and see something hanging from my female american bulldogs $#@!... I thought she ate a string or something... I get paper towels and low and behold I found the damn muzzle :mad: I was very fortunate in that incident...

...one of my dogs favorites are socks :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by PitBullHappenings View Post
    hmmm... to much to list here...

I keep muzzles handy well one day, my one dog was muzzled for whatever reason, I can't recall now, anyways, I noticed his muzzle wasn't on... I figured he buried it out back in the sand... I looked all over for and then one day after a couple days of searching... I come home from work, and see something hanging from my female american bulldogs $#@!... I thought she ate a string or something... I get paper towels and low and behold I found the damn muzzle :mad: I was very fortunate in that incident...

...one of my dogs favorites are socks :mad:
    This reminded me of this one cairn that used to board with us, he would have to wear a muzzle every time he went out because he would eat ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING when he was outside.
    He was also not allowed to have any kind of bedding in his cage for this reason. I felt bad for him. :(

Images
    That's one way to get rid of a muzzle PBH!!

Mollie ate the cord in half on my brand new $500 Dyson not long after we got her, she's eaten a couple of cordless phones, a Satellite remote, a whole box of Valentine chocolates (FYI, the emergency call to the vets cell phone educated me that milk chocolate is not fatal to dogs like the bitter baking chocolate is, due to the cocoa content. However, it can cause them to have diarrhea or throw up... she did neither, but has a very strong taste for Reese's to this day) :rolleyes:

Let's see... what else.. she got a few bites on a cell phone, bit into an inhaler expelled all the contents and ended up at the E-vet, and of course, cat poop.

Bella so far, has eaten a book cover, de-gutted a few couch pillows , she's a good newspaper shredder, and plastic bottle destroyer, she ate two brand new bags of nut/cranberry/yogurt trail mix I had just bought for work,

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post

Mollie ate the cord in half on my brand new $500 Dyson ,

You should have gotten a Kirby, it would have fought back

we have a dog that also enjoys razors dunno why or what pocesses her to do it. one will eat newspaper i dont mean shred it i mean eat it. our old house dog use to eat my underwear!!! and $#@! it out all the time lol. Rhea eats ropes and poops out the strings, my mastiffs fav thing is cat poop. and they all seem to like to steal and eat baby socks and toddler socks. im sure there is more cant think right now though lol

I have had underwear go missing also. And then find them in poop a couple days later. Socks shredded and then ate. Razors blades here too. I bout died over that one. (and he doesnt EAT them but he likes to murder cats) I know bad huh? lol. I dont like em either. Toilet paper, and sometimes he will just chew on a finger while he is licking them. lol

Tink loves eating photo's.. she rips the book apart but the only thing she actually eats is the photo's. she also likes eating blankets..

spinner, i havent really noticed anything.. he chews his toys up pretty bad, but thats about it

Lucy - she loves toilet paper. she dont eat it, but she runs it through the house.. she also likes trampoline padding.. she jumps on the trampoline and shreds the padding then gets down.

15. has any one ever heard of if u give a dog choclate it will hurt or as ive resently heard it can kill it, is there any truth to it

16. Ash always eats sticks when he's outside for some reason he loves them and i cant keep him away from them . i hate it because once in a blue i'll have to pull them out his rear and i know its a big hazard to his intestines . he also love to chew but not eat air force ones, no other sneaker brand will do . i was thinking of trying to get him in a jordan sneaker commercial ... lol ... and he also loves bottle caps, he figures out a way to untwist the cap from the bottle with leaving no damage to either of the two . how he knows to do this i have no idea ...

well scout is a professional wood chipper but it takes a day or so from the time the branch goes in and the chips come out the other end. he countersurfed a steak and it was gone in less then a second or two. He did chew on but didn't eat a baseball hat

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    That's one way to get rid of a muzzle PBH!!

Mollie ate the cord in half on my brand new $500 Dyson not long after we got her, she's eaten a couple of cordless phones, a Satellite remote, a whole box of Valentine chocolates (FYI, the emergency call to the vets cell phone educated me that milk chocolate is not fatal to dogs like the bitter baking chocolate is, due to the cocoa content. However, it can cause them to have diarrhea or throw up... she did neither, but has a very strong taste for Reese's to this day) :rolleyes:

Let's see... what else.. she got a few bites on a cell phone, bit into an inhaler expelled all the contents and ended up at the E-vet, and of course, cat poop.

Bella so far, has eaten a book cover, de-gutted a few couch pillows , she's a good newspaper shredder, and plastic bottle destroyer, she ate two brand new bags of nut/cranberry/yogurt trail mix I had just bought for work,

Oh God.. not the Dyson.:eek:

Ethel pulled that on me, I almost killed her, since she was in a room filled with toys, and it was the day after I got it. And I got it because there are Saint Bernard hair tumbleweeds everywhere in my house (and on my clothes, in my food, in/on my shoes, I pull them out of my nose every morning too and pick them from my tooth brush). They've also woven their way into every thing in the house that's covered in fabric.

She also loves to pull books from the shelf and eat them. Especially my favorite cook book, seeing as it's covered in meat juice splatter, sugar, butter droplets, and some bacon grease.

She's lucky I love her, and she's incredibly cute in the most fugly way possible.:)

Quote Originally Posted by LilianaLove View Post
    This reminded me of this one cairn that used to board with us, he would have to wear a muzzle every time he went out because he would eat ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING when he was outside.
    He was also not allowed to have any kind of bedding in his cage for this reason. I felt bad for him. :(
    Thanks for the idea... I'm going to start muzzling Gabriel when I let the dogs out back... that $#@! will watch one of the other dogs crap and as soon as the crap hits ground he eats it ... really frustrates me... Gabriel, all he thinks about doing is eating... one time (which was my fault) I was feeding the damn dogs and I accidentally left the bag on the floor... when I went back to the dogs room, there's Gabriel sitting in front of the bag, slowly munching on the kibbles... You could see he was blown up too... He was in slow motion the rest of the night and boy did I learn my lesson the next day when I go home... I've never made that mistake again...

Other stuff the dogs have ate include a couple mattresses, a few couches, bottom of the coffee table and can't forget the shoes... or my cowboy boots :mad:

...and what really sucks about all this... I can't blame my fosters for any of the destruction... it's all own dogs :(

just the normal, bones, pigs ears, rawhide, and sticks, I guess he has enough chews out with him at all times he does not find weird things to eat, even when it takes me hours and hours to clean up his poop...he never eats it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast