Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bill Stewart (Rushin Bill) Found Dead

Known dogfighter commits suicide after cops find drugs

Reported by: David Goins
    Email: dgoins@fox16.com
    Last Update: 6:54 pm

A gr$#@! fire leads to a major drug bust, a suicide and possibly more.
    White County detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a homeowner connected to drugs.

Marijuana worth $124,000 was found along with more than 40 guns. Moments after deputies discovered it, the homeowner shot himself.

A fire broke out at Bill Stewart, 60, rural home Thursday afternoon. That’s when crews found pit bulls, a fighting ring and several marijuana plants growing inside his shed.

When White County narcotics detectives showed up with a warrant, they found Stewart had just committed suicide.

“It was an eye opener because most of the time you find people who are growing marijuana and dealing in marijuana, to be this well armed," detective Brandon Grimes says. "When you walk into the residence and there are guns strategically located throughout the house, when you have guns in the bathroom, in the laundry room, in each bedroom, guns outside of each door and then you start noticing the window blinds. There were squares cut in the blinds that can be used for ether observation or to fire a rifle or pistol out of.”

Sources say Stewart is considered a godfather of dog fighting and went by the name Rushin Bull in the violent dogfighting underworld. He even edited and published an underground publication called Pit Bull Reporter.

One of the reasons police may not have know about what was going on is a relative isolation of the property. From the road you can’t see anything.

“To find out this person is also the editor and publisher of a dog fighting magazine, it just goes to show you what all it reaches into, really shocking,” Grimes said.

Two pit bulls were seized from the property Thursday.

Pit Bull Reporter ceased publication in 2007 following the arrest of NFL player Michael Vick. HSUS representatives say the government began cracking down on the use of the US Postal Service as a means to distribute materials related to dogfighting.

Video at News Link:
    Known dogfighter commits suicide after cops find drugs - FOX16.com Little Rock, AR

2. RIP Bill. :(

But good lawd, bulldoggers are so nutty. God bless 'em.

RIP Bill.

It's a shame you had to take your own life over laws so ridiculous.

Images
    Wow!! The whole things a shame! :(

RIP Bill. :(

can someone explain this to me???

7. Quote Originally Posted by ad_shannon View Post
    What do ya mean?

post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ad_shannon View Post
    Dogfighter and known criminal shoots himself because he got busted breaking multiple laws but because he is a dogfighter alot of people on here will consider him some sort of hero and blame his death on everything they can but his illegal activities and the fact it was a suicide.

That about cover it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitlove View Post

Dogfighter and known criminal shoots himself because he got busted breaking multiple laws but because he is a dogfighter alot of people on here will consider him some sort of hero and blame his death on everything they can but his illegal activities and the fact it was a suicide.

That about cover it?
    They said the dogs hadn't been fought recently and since when is owning guns illegal?He had a little pot growing,no way that was 140,000 though,flat out lie there.Personally,I think it's a sad thing when someone loses their life when they're not hurting anyone.He very probably committed suicide but maybe not,weirder things have happened.There's some very,very crooked cops out there.Whatever went down though,my deepest sympathies go out to his family.R.I.P. Rushin Bill

Images

That about cover it?
    I totally agree.

Dark World of a Dog Fighting Ringleader

posted 11:01 pm Fri March 05, 2010 - Floyd
    reporter: Roger Susanin posted by: Evan Hoffmeyer
    from Channel 7 -
    Dark World of a Dog Fighting Ringleader|Channel 7 News

A nationally-known dog fighting ringleader is dead after officials are called to his home because of a brush fire.

Crews responded to the home of William Stewart, 63, Thursday night, but discovered an underground dog fighting ring, more than 100 marijuana plants, two boa constrictors, anti-government pamphlets and nearly 40 weapons. Deputies say all the weapons were loaded proving Stewart was ready to defend his property, but they say he killed himself before there was any confrontation.

Much of Stewart's incredible impact across the nation was because of the Pit Bull Reporter, a magazine he published for nearly two decades out of his home in Romance. He used his publication's reach to spread expert analysis of a sadistic sport.

(Desiree Bender, Humane Society)
    "Every person that was a wannabe dog fighter, a hobbyist, a street fighter, kids, elderly, anybody that had anything to do with dog fighting or game-bred pit bulls knew Bill Stewart and 'Rushin' Bill'."

The magazine included a "Show News" section: a description of dog fights across the globe. Stewart published the Reporter until 2007. He once even ran a website supporting the publication: PBReport.com.

"The publications that he put out fed the dog fighting world, fed what was going around all over the country. So it just fueled it more and more and more."

Stewart was far from a detached observer. He bred and fought many pit bulls himself.

"He is one big name that we are glad is out of the business now."

Deputies Thursday found a pit bull fighting ring, two dogs and enough chains for 40 more.

"It's a happy day that this man won't be breeding, selling, training or fighting dogs."

The Humane Society will help find suitable homes for the two dogs rescued from Stewart's property.

Dark World of a Dog Fighting Ringleader|Channel 7 News

12. To bad the lawmen werent chasing meth cooks and child molesters... RIP Bill... Sorry it came to that.

Dogfighting, I have to say, is one of the lesser evils when speaking of animal abuse. At least the majority of dogmen will treat wounds the same as a vet would, or put the dog down. Much better than the heartless souls who leave their dogs to starve or freeze to death, or decide to let an injured dog "be" and die from infection.
    Gun ownership, not a problem to me. Just like dog ownership, it's all about responsibility!
    Growing marijuana in your home, hey, whatever. Really, what harm does the stuff do to make it such a bad thing? Much better than rotting your nose off snorting coke or shooting up heroin!
    Just my opinion...
    In any case, my condolences to his family and friends. No matter what a person does in their life, there is still someone in that will mourn their death and feel emotional pain from it.

That about cover it?
    Alright listen here. If I ask a GENUINE question about someone that everyone seems to be upset over from the posts, I dont need someone to get on here and get snarky with me. SOME people would consider the HSUS an amazing organization that we who love this breed do not. Just because the media paints someone as bad doesnt mean they always are. I asked a question about this man because some of the responses seemed to almost mourn his loss end of story.

Now onto other news, glad the rat $#@! is dead and ANYONE who takes their own life is generally as selfish in death as they are in life.

Quote Originally Posted by IronChef View Post
    :rolleyes:
    You "saved" yourself by throwing in "generally"...
    I wasnt trying to "save" myself. I stand by what I said. There is no reason or excuse for a perfectly sane rational human to take their own life and let their family always wonder why.

The truly mentally disturbed and like people are different however this is another topic for another discussion.

I asked a question about this man because some of the responses seemed to almost mourn his loss end of story.

Now onto other news, glad the rat $#@! is dead and ANYONE who takes their own life is generally as selfish in death as they are in life.
    I'm amazed at the lack of support for a fellow APBT owner,but considering some people here,maybe I shouldn't be.He was just an old man growing a little weed,while I don't smoke anymore I don't see it as any worse than beer.It's terrible to be happy about a harmless old man's death that wouldn't of happened if the cops hadn't shown up.Who was he hurting?

I wasnt trying to "save" myself. I stand by what I said. There is no reason or excuse for a perfectly sane rational human to take their own life and let their family always wonder why.

The truly mentally disturbed and like people are different however this is another topic for another discussion.
    While I wouldn't kill myself,I see why someone in his situation might.Personally,I'll never kill myself unless I completely lose my mind,if I'm going to die anyway,I wouldn't want to be the only one going.But I could see why he did it.Anyway,the man is dead,I'm sure he's got family that loves him and are upset about the whole ordeal and it's in poor taste for people to be glad it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by gh32 View Post
    I'm amazed at the lack of support for a fellow APBT owner,but considering some people here,maybe I shouldn't be.He was just an old man growing a little weed,while I don't smoke anymore I don't see it as any worse than beer.It's terrible to be happy about a harmless old man's death that wouldn't of happened if the cops hadn't shown up.Who was he hurting?

While I wouldn't kill myself,I see why someone in his situation might.Personally,I'll never kill myself unless I completely lose my mind,if I'm going to die anyway,I wouldn't want to be the only one going.But I could see why he did it.Anyway,the man is dead,I'm sure he's got family that loves him and are upset about the whole ordeal and it's in poor taste for people to be glad it happened.

You shouldn't be amazed by this at all. They don't know anything about RB except for what they read in this artical or what they might quickly research.

Best thing they can do day to day is keep their own dumb $#@!es out of trouble.

Don't know anything about him? Well, we know that ...

- He was hateful to fellow fanciers (TNT was at least one)

- He judged dogs by pedigree & color (extremely shallow for a dog man)

- He used his PBR to shame fellow fanciers publicly (again see TNT)

- Was a dope slinger (no one grows $124,000 of weed for personal use)

- Was likely a dope smoker (nothing bad there, but it is illegal)

- Was a dog fighter (again nothing bad there if it is done PROPERLY, but it is illegal)

- Was a drunk (as noted personally in his GR.CH. 35 story)

- Didn't give two farts about the breed (why grow, possibly use & sling dope if you even have these dogs?? You KNOW what light these dogs & their owners will be put in if you're caught)

- Was too yellow to face the consequences when caught (committed suicide)

But he was also ...

- A good educator on the breed

- A good breeder of quality animals

Does that about cover it?

Bottom line? Everything that happened was a tragedy for everyone involved. But he's not a person (at least IMO) to be lionized. I am sad for his family & his dogs that he got caught & my condolences go out to his family & best wishes go out to his dogs.

Blessings all.

Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post
    Don't know anything about him? Well, we know that ...

- He was hateful to fellow fanciers (TNT was at least one)

- He judged dogs by pedigree & color (extremely shallow for a dog man)

- He used his PBR to shame fellow fanciers publicly (again see TNT)

- Was a dope slinger (no one grows $124,000 of weed for personal use)

- Was likely a dope smoker (nothing bad there, but it is illegal)

- Was a dog fighter (again nothing bad there if it is done PROPERLY, but it is illegal)

- Was a drunk (as noted personally in his GR.CH. 35 story)

- Didn't give two farts about the breed (why grow, possibly use & sling dope if you even have these dogs?? You KNOW what light these dogs & their owners will be put in if you're caught)

- Was too yellow to face the consequences when caught (committed suicide)

But he was also ...

- A good educator on the breed

- A good breeder of quality animals

Does that about cover it?

Bottom line? Everything that happened was a tragedy for everyone involved. But he's not a person (at least IMO) to be lionized. I am sad for his family & his dogs that he got caught & my condolences go out to his family & best wishes go out to his dogs.

Blessings all.
    Well you just gave them a glimpse.

An as far as spreading the gossip of some one elses bad dealings... they are not your to spread.

You have no buisness running your pie hole like this. Day to Day your breeding practices should be challenged and questioned. Day to Day your ethics in peddleing these dogs should be questioned.Day to Day it is ppl like you that do the most damage to this breed not RB. Here you sit pointing the finger.

Quote Originally Posted by 4PawsK9Svcs View Post
    Dogfighting, I have to say, is one of the lesser evils when speaking of animal abuse. At least the majority of dogmen will treat wounds the same as a vet would, or put the dog down. Much better than the heartless souls who leave their dogs to starve or freeze to death, or decide to let an injured dog "be" and die from infection.
    Gun ownership, not a problem to me. Just like dog ownership, it's all about responsibility!
    Growing marijuana in your home, hey, whatever. Really, what harm does the stuff do to make it such a bad thing? Much better than rotting your nose off snorting coke or shooting up heroin!
    Just my opinion...
    In any case, my condolences to his family and friends. No matter what a person does in their life, there is still someone in that will mourn their death and feel emotional pain from it.
    I totally agree with all of that. bill will be missed RIP bill

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

and the whole amount of dope grown or whatever i know some one that keeps more then that for her personal use lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast