Keeping calm after neuter

So you all know Kapone was neutered Saturday and that Sunday he was whining and crying a lot. Well, today when me and my bf and our two daughters got home from work, school, and daycare. I let Kapone out of his crate and all hell broke loose . He went nuts, running and jumping and running and jumping, he is soooo back to his normal self. My bf grabbed him and tried to calm him down cuz I kept screaming he was going to bust a stitch. Kapone took this as playing, and started biting and wrestling him. Do I put him back in his crate? Or does he know how much he can take? What a big ol goof:D

i could be way off but I tend to think the dogs do not know how much they can take or how much a stitch can take but like I said I could be very wrong here

So crate him? He's calmed down a bit. im happy to see he's feeling better, but don't want him to hurt himself

What did you vet say was the appropriate time to keep him calm? I would go based on that. He may need more crate time, he may not.

3 days. It was just the initial shock of seeing us after so long. He has been fine since then. Thank you

6. Quote Originally Posted by KaponesMommy View Post
    3 days. It was just the initial shock of seeing us after so long. He has been fine since then. Thank you
    Is he wearing that cone thing around his neck? I would recommend either leaving him in his crate until he's calm or just not give any attention or eye contact until he's calm. He could rip a stitch/stitches and im not sure but im $#@!uming it would be expensive to fix. Thats good that he is happy and feeling better though!:)

Images
    Titus was back to himself within a day or two. He's probably got tons of pent up energy. Try lots of mental stimulation, and long walks. He'll be fine in a day or two. :)

So I could not keep Jezebel or JT calm after they were neutered and spayed. I just threw my hands in the air, let them run and play and kept an eye and the stiches. They ended being fine. Neither of them pulled any stiches or anything. In fact, the vet said they healed perfectly. But for you piece of mind, I would crate him for a couple of days. :D

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

They were doing this the day after the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by NinaGirl View Post
    Is he wearing that cone thing around his neck? I would recommend either leaving him in his crate until he's calm or just not give any attention or eye contact until he's calm. He could rip a stitch/stitches and im not sure but im $#@!uming it would be expensive to fix. Thats good that he is happy and feeling better though!:)
    He didn't get an E-collar. No eye contact does NOT hurt his feelings, then he runs in circles . Lil $#@!. Thank you, im happy he's feeling great too. Glad I bought the medicine though

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    Titus was back to himself within a day or two. He's probably got tons of pent up energy. Try lots of mental stimulation, and long walks. He'll be fine in a day or two. :)
    We walked him earlier. He did great, barking at everybody :D

Quote Originally Posted by jeoestreich View Post
    So I could not keep Jezebel or JT calm after they were neutered and spayed. I just threw my hands in the air, let them run and play and kept an eye and the stiches. They ended being fine. Neither of them pulled any stiches or anything. In fact, the vet said they healed perfectly. But for you piece of mind, I would crate him for a couple of days. :D

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

They were doing this the day after the surgery.
    LMAO!!! They sound Sassy!! :D He hasn't even licked it! Not once.