1. scooby the pitbull has bumps on his back that come an go

i found this site searching the internet ive took scooby to the vet hes been having a skin problem he gets these bumps on his back that come an go his skin is dry an the bumps are red hes been on med an allthat other crap nothing has touched it i also changed his food nothing is working hes on purina i have read its a crapy food so i think ill be trying a grain free food the bumps dont seem to bother him at all but they bother me hes a very cute blue fawn pitt can any one help i need a good grain free dog food that wont cost a arm an a leg???

Images
    Both my dogs have broken out in what appeared to be hives...bumps all over their body but they don't seem to bother them. It has been suggested to me that its probably seasonal allergies. Did the vet suggest benedryl? I've given that in the past with success. It seems to fade away in 5-10 days. They've had this happen twice a few months apart and it's been months without. As for food, from what I've read from other posts, Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream is the best value for grain free food. You can find it at select stores or if you have a Tractor Supply store nearby.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Taste of the Wild (TOTW) has 3 or 4 different varieties...Pacific Stream is salmon based and most dogs with allergies, according to previous posts, do the best on fish. TOTW is good for all ages too.
    Last edited by Sweetie Darlin'; 01-19-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Definatley get him on a grain free food

Wellness/Wellness Core has grain free as well as Natural Balance in case you can't find TOTW.

Max broke out in zits under his chin after eating Spot's Halo canned food.
    I give it to him once a week but for two weeks noticed the volcano size zits.