Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 138
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Worcestershire UK
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    Odd... my males does that. I thought he was the only snow addict. I actually have to bring him in the house when he starts as he'll be shivering and be cold to the touch. Weirdos.

    Oh and also they race to get the icicles they can reach and chew on that !!!:D:D

    It might have something to do in the summer I made them some lemonade ice, the fizzy ones so when it froze its got lots of bubbles and it just crumbles. :D no they are not spoilt it was hot then

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin City, Nevada.
    Posts
    4,447
    I love dexter, and I would never insult him-but purple, you are not in the show ring trying to win a ribbon and telling others there dog is not worthy because he is a show quality dog, like I said before, my dogs will be fatter in there old age. My beef is people who purposely creat over weight dogs to boost there ego.

    I love the bull terrier head, I dont need it to be a basket ball for a head, but I like a nice cuved full head, that example of the brown dog has a nice head, but a fat body. But than again, his head would not look like that if he were thin.

  3. #43
    I've lived with a show bred mini bull who couldn't do a damn thing properly with her mouth, including drink, because of how deformed her lower jaw is to keep up with her turned down topskull... sad, really. Because you like the LOOK, is not a good reason to screw up a dog's functionality.

    I DO like the look of a bit rounder head... but it goes overboard and then the dog can't do anything, and that's not okay with me.
    Last edited by CoolHandJean; 01-15-2010 at 07:16 PM.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin City, Nevada.
    Posts
    4,447
    I've never heard of those problems, my dogs dont have it. I agree some go over board with it, and they look like dinos.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    I've lived with a show bred mini bull who couldn't do a damn thing properly with her mouth, including drink, because of how deformed her lower jaw is to keep up with her turned down topskull... sad, really. Because you like the LOOK, is not a good reason to screw up a dog's functionality.
    That show mini bull terrier you lived with couldn't of been much of a show dog..as if a show dogs bite ain't right then he don't win fcuk all
    And why do people randomize that proper round headed dogs all have poor bites..this is simply not the case...most of the litters i a have bred over the last 22 years have had no more pups with incorrect bites then any other breed would normally have !
    Teal Because your dog is lacking in side head profile your opinion appears dubious...why go on the offensive and attack the breed by making such silly comments ??
    Anybody that says round headed dog are less functional because of their head have an obvious agenda !
    Last edited by CoolHandJean; 01-15-2010 at 07:18 PM.

  6. #46
    Teal, you don't even know if your dog is a pure bred mini. I for one, don't think she is.

    I, too have seen show quality (champion) minis, and they are completely functional. To categorize all show dogs into one lump sum is truly not being open minded about the breed, and certainly not giving the breeders who do care about bettering the breed a fair shake.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Teal, you don't even know if your dog is a pure bred mini. I for one, don't think she is.

    I, too have seen show quality (champion) minis, and they are completely functional. To categorize all show dogs into one lump sum is truly not being open minded about the breed, and certainly not giving the breeders who do care about bettering the breed a fair shake.
    Great post:cool:

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin City, Nevada.
    Posts
    4,447
    Yea I have to agree here with purple and garry. I have never heard of a rounder header causing any king of problems with dogs, let alone drinking. Maybe the one you spent time with was a rare case? With incorrect teeth placement. Frankly, I dont think a rounder head causes any problems at all. As long as the teeth placement is correct, in which most cases it is, I cant imagine what problems a rounder head can cause. I cant see how a flater, straiter head can be more functional than a curved one, I dont think that it would make any difference at all. Scarlett has no problems, breathing, drinking, and she can function 100% of athletic activities, and her bite is flawless.


  9. You know people who knock the round head usually post this age old pic of a round skull that just happends to be have an undershot jaw/bite !
    I am waiting for some hater to post that pic next:rolleyes:

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin City, Nevada.
    Posts
    4,447
    i believe she is a bull terrier and if she gained more weight, I think it would be even more obvious.

  11. #51
    How's this for some crooked teeth?


  12. Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    How's this for some crooked teeth?


    what a sorry state.......poor dentition of a dog bred to bite hold and grip is like a carpenter with blunt saws and broken hammers.....they couldnt possibly do the job even if they wanted to !

  13. #53
    Tell that to all the blankets who died a horrible death, my chairs, my usb cord, my futon, his dog bed, his toys....


  14. well i imagine a futon and chair is a pretty stern test for todays bull terriers :D

    sorry sir/madam i didnt realise it was your own dog :o....no offence like.
    Last edited by mr.clueless; 01-14-2010 at 04:32 PM.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    How's this for some crooked teeth?

    The bite on the above dog is pretty bad...but that doesnt mean every bull terrier has a bite like this .....
    Last edited by Cynthia; 01-15-2010 at 12:52 AM.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin City, Nevada.
    Posts
    4,447
    i suppose the top front teeth look a bit off, but its hard to tell, however, i dont see how those teeth can not get the job done??? they look sharp to me...is he refering because the dog is not in the best physical condition?

    all of bowzer's canine teeth are broken in half.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    i suppose the top front teeth look a bit off, but its hard to tell, however, i dont see how those teeth can not get the job done??? they look sharp to me...is he refering because the dog is not in the best physical condition?

    all of bowzer's canine teeth are broken in half.
    Thats can be from letting gab hold of things to hard ...my old boys teeth went like that when he was about 6 yrs old :)...he was allways swinging of stuff like branches ...i used to have this hard pick axe handle i used to make him carry to the park...that might of done it no good

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin City, Nevada.
    Posts
    4,447
    i think its cause we play a lot of fetch, and my house is dirt and rocks, and the ball collects with the rocks, and he chomps on the balls while playing, and i think that may be why. :(

  19. #59

    The bite and the BT Standard.....long

    One of the most abrasive toys for a dog to play with is the tennis ball. It will wear the enamel quickly off the dogs teeth and it will soon appear as if the tooth has broken off clean and flat. For this reason we usually have our dogs play with Planet Dog Orbee's or Kongs.
    Proper dentition is very important to all breeders and "show people." In some countries if the dentition is not proper you are not certified to breed. Also a mouth fault may be a deterrent to a successful show career.

    From the BTCA's Breed Standard

    "THE TEETH
    Discussion
    The teeth have become more of a problem as the profile has become more exaggerated.
    In order to accommodate a very curved (and therefore somewhat shortened) nose profile,
    the underjaw has either remained deep, long and broad producing undershot dentition, or
    become narrow and shortened (pig-jawed) which allows the front incisors to meet in the
    preferred scissors, but crowds the lower canines inward where they can prevent the
    mouth from completely closing, and damage or puncture the hard palate above.
    Premolars are often missing in Bull Terriers as well, possibly as a result of this
    progressive genetic shortening of the lower jaw to achieve a more exaggerated profile
    and retain a scissors bite. A deep strong underjaw can be appropriately balanced by a
    long, wide muzzle with the correct profile to accommodate proper dentition."

    "Discussion
    Any mouth fault should be penalized only and precisely according to its degree; a proper
    $#@!essment should include the strength and width of the underjaw, the size and regularity
    of the teeth, the severity of malocclusion, and the placement of the lower canines. These
    should be fully visible with the tips in front of the upper canines and outside of the upper
    gum. Inward displacement of the lower canines can be damaging and painful to the dog
    as well as preventing correct closure of the upper and lower jaw."

    I have five bullies in my house right now and four of them have a perfect bite.
    Now someone says that because my dogs head can be desribed as follows;
    From the side the head should demonstrate the clean, sweeping, unbroken profile called

    for in the standard and should also have depth and strength of muzzle and underjaw.
    "Full face it should be oval in outline and be filled completely up, giving the impression
    of fullness with surface devoid of hollows or indentations, i.e. egg-shaped..."
    ....he is not functional. I can $#@!ure you that it all works perfectly!

    Was that mini mentioned offered/sold as a show quality dog?

    I DO like the look of a bit rounder head... but it goes overboard and then the dog can't do anything, and that's not okay with me.

    Did your dog chew a bone or eat a meal. It managed to suck a teat when it was born didn't it? You say she couldn't drink. Did you give supplemental fluids or feed gruel or do you mean she made a mess drinking with water dripping all over?

    A few of mine like to put their heads into the water dish almost up to their eyes, especially my English bitch. It's an idiosyncrasy in some bully lines. My first boy would rest his upper lip on the opposite side of the bowl to keep his face dry when drinking. Its what makes the breed the special characters they are.
    Not non functional distorted blobs!

    As for breeding, haven't we humans been doing selective breeding for years. I'm sure your parents didn't go looking for an ugly spouse so they could have uglier or fat kids now did they. Doesn't every parent hope for the cutest kid ever. Well it don't always happen does it.
    What of your own dentition? Do any of you wear braces? Hows the bite on your significant other or your children?
    What if you weren't allowed to breed because your bite was off? Anybody had their nose fixed. Fault! Blue eyes- fault! Pink nose-fault! deafness- let's cull them! Can you imagine if health testing was required for humans to reproduce. I wonder if anyone would be around to read this list.
    And why do a few lump every single dog that enters a show ring into the fat and lazy category? That's like all the parents walking up to me and saying, Oh! I thought he was one of "those dogs", those pitbulls! And then me having to spend time defending "those dogs" as some of the best family dogs ever.
    Quite a few of you make very broad sweeping statements lumping the entire EBT breed as unfit, fat, lazy and exaggerated and it is simply not true. One beats a drum about a single dog and all of a sudden there is a full percussion symphony coming down on a few dogs with a little less then your desired physical conditioning.
    I will ask again, how many of you have taken the time to read and study the Bull Terrier Standard and the article on "Type" that was posted here.
    I would venture a guess very few of you, especially those that own dogs with concave profiles, snipey muzzles, shallow narrow chests, no spring of rib, well muscled yet spindly legs and a tuck up looking like a hound.
    If thats what you like, thats great, but please don't call them a "Bull Terrier".

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin City, Nevada.
    Posts
    4,447
    I would never take away my dogs love for fetch because im worried about his teeth. He's not a show dog, hes a working dog, and he will play fetch until he dies. Its the best tool to keep him in shape. If I remember correctly, Wally had broken teeth and was able to show.

    ---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

    Whats with the tuck up? I dont get it. :confused: Does rufus have a good tuck up?

    concave profiles, snipey muzzles, shallow narrow chests, no spring of rib, well muscled yet spindly legs and a tuck up looking like a hound.

    My dogs may fit this discription, but IMO I would rather have a dog able to function, work hard, protect me if I need him, go for a good run or swim, breed naturally, and anything else physical. To me having an over weight bull terrier is like having a hyper active bull dog, that makes no sense! You cant even drain there energy successfully. I said it before, and I will say it again, if I put a ton of weight on my dog he will have all the bone in the world.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. old classic Hinks terrier/ Indian bull terrier.
    By bravoindian in forum Bull Terrier Pictures
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 08:30 PM
  2. Bull Terrier, Hinks Bull Terrier, Pitbull?????
    By SamThePitbull in forum Bull Terrier
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 12:14 PM
  3. Skidish Bull Head
    By bigkahunabo2 in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 03:51 PM
  4. IA: Pit bull home after getting shot in head
    By Tiffseagles in forum Pit Bull News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
  5. Just Disgusting ! Man Punches Pit Bull Puppy In The Head
    By 4Pits&aDane in forum Pit Bull News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 09:29 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

bull terrier head shape

bull terrier bite

english bull terrier teeth

minibulterier

mean bull terrier

bull terrier bad

bulterier attackdentition bull terrierbull terrier jawsbull terrier dentitionbullterrier teethbullterrier headEnglish Bull Terrier Bitebull terrier bitesbull terrier jawbullterier in attackbull terrier meanbad bulterierbull terrier toothteeth bull terriersolid red bull terrierbull terrier headbullterier teethBULLTERIER attackbulterier headbull terrier showing teethmean bull terriersenglish bull terrier showing teethdo english bull terriers heads crackbulterier badbull terrier toothsbull terrier bitingbull terrier head shapespitbull puppy head shapemean english bull terrier

Bookmarks