Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 138
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin City, Nevada.
    Posts
    4,447

    Bull Terrier Head Shape and Such

    a lot of times when you have a dog this lean it may not look like a BT, but she is, just like Ambra, the dogs are similair in appreance. If she had her put on a ton of weight her eyes would get smaller and her head fuller and she would look more BT, atleast thats what happens with my bullies.


    my bullies head when he is kept leaner-



    his head at a bigger weight



    body shots





    big difference huh? sorry i added pictures to this thread i just wanted to show how leaner bull terriers can often appear to have a less BT look than when they are fatter.
    Last edited by CoolHandJean; 01-15-2010 at 07:04 PM.

  2. For me i like the round head on a EBT....i actually breed for it...IMO it gives an English bull terrier his identity...if you see an EBT on the street and his head is right theres no mistaking what he is ... !:)
    Dogs for me like the one at the start of this post i see quite alot...in great/condition ....but when they havent got the right head on them its very easy to mistake what he is for a cross:( ....witch is what has happend on this thread ...what with people thinking its mixed or has APBT in it!

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    I'd way pick Clareice over the big ol' egg heads, even if she is a mix!
    Do you own EBTs then :confused:

    ---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Budboy88 View Post
    if clairece is mixed or not shes a beautiful dog and if she is a purebred bull terrier shes is hands down the best one ive ever seen, the few ive ever seen had heads that weighed more than her all together
    and do you own EBTs as well then ??:confused:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southern, Alabama
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    Do you own EBTs then :confused:

    ---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

    and do you own EBTs as well then ??:confused:
    no but ive seen quite a few of them around

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Budboy88 View Post
    no but ive seen quite a few of them around
    Oh well thats probably why you dont like the round head then :)
    Last edited by Mrpedigree; 01-10-2010 at 04:04 AM.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post

    big difference huh? sorry i added pictures to this thread i just wanted to show how leaner bull terriers can often appear to have a less BT look than when they are fatter.


    true......but what a sad statement.....

    bull terriers only look like bull terriers if they are fatter :eek:....sad but true im afraid.....

    as regards the head....any dog regardless of breed will look different facially when they are in good physical condition as opposed to bad ( no different to people ).....
    eg....when you see a persons face....you can normally tell if they are a fat or thin person without having to see their body.

  7. I don't get the analogy that if a bull terrier has a round head they are unhealthy or fat:confused:....only a fool would say such a thing !
    LIke i have said before i have no problem with the round head ...in fact i like it...
    I to prefer English Bull Terriers to be fit and have drive and not to be to be fat....But I cant see where having the round head ...(something that is the very echelon's of the breed)....stops them having these quality's like drive and athleticism :confused:
    Unless you hate every aspect of the breed :rolleyes:...then that would explain why you dont like the round head!;)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Worcestershire UK
    Posts
    170
    Most of the female bull terriers standard or miniature seems to always have a slimer head.

    Hucklebutt if you post the pictures of your girl it may be a better comparison.

    My two when you walked past them you would think that they are a different breed but they are both Pedigree !!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Ickle Dexter View Post
    Most of the female bull terriers standard or miniature seems to always have a slimer head.

    Hucklebutt if you post the pictures of your girl it may be a better comparison.

    My two when you walked past them you would think that they are a different breed but they are both Pedigree !!
    Your right some what ...the female heads to tend to be more slimer or to use a better term ..more femnin i like to say:D
    But but thats not to say they are without curve or roundness...take this pup i bred she had a cracking head and bite...in fact she is to date ...head wise she is the best female pup i have bred ! here she was at 10 weeks old ....head wise thats as good as i have bred in 20 years !
    Last edited by Mrpedigree; 01-10-2010 at 10:54 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Worcestershire UK
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    Your right some what ...the female heads to tend to be more slimer or to use a better term ..more femnin i like to say:D
    But but thats not to say they are without curve or roundness...take this pup i bred she had a cracking head and bite...in fact she is to date ...head wise she is the best female pup i have bred ! here she was at 10 weeks old ....head wise thats as good as i have bred in 20 years !

    That reminds me of my Dexters head at that age. Its going to be a nice shape when she gets bigger

    Whats the mum like head wise !!

    I like the colour I take it thats a Standard one.

    It seems also as a comparison that the standard are a lot chubbier at the ages than the minis :D

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Ickle Dexter View Post
    That reminds me of my Dexters head at that age. Its going to be a nice shape when she gets bigger

    Whats the mum like head wise !!

    I like the colour I take it thats a Standard one.

    It seems also as a comparison that the standard are a lot chubbier at the ages than the minis :D
    Yes it was a standard size...Her mums head was not as quite as good as that at that age but was probably wider...i have not seen this pup since i sold her at 13 weeks old....i actually was intent on keeping as she was that nice but some show people kept on nagging me for her and offerd me 1600 for her...so i let her go..there is part of me that wished i had kept her though:(...i have not seen her since as i believe the couple split up not long after:rolleyes:
    Heres her mum my solid red bitch Sasha !

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Worcestershire UK
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    Yes it was a standard size...Her mums head was not as quite as good as that at that age but was probably wider...i have not seen this pup since i sold her at 13 weeks old....i actually was intent on keeping as she was that nice but some show people kept on nagging me for her and offerd me 1600 for her...so i let her go..there is part of me that wished i had kept her though:(...i have not seen her since as i believe the couple split up not long after:rolleyes:
    Heres her mum my solid red bitch Sasha !

    Hehehe She looks just like mine the fawn colour !!

    But she is wide also looks good.

    To be fair that was a good price but like you say it took a long time to get one near to a perfect pup.

    Ill have to dig out the old photos

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Ickle Dexter View Post
    Hehehe She looks just like mine the fawn colour !!

    But she is wide also looks good.

    To be fair that was a good price but like you say it took a long time to get one near to a perfect pup.

    Ill have to dig out the old photos
    It was good price as thats near double of what i usualy ask per pup !
    Actually mate the litter that pup was from all had good heads there was 8 of them ...witch is rare as most litters only usually have a couple of pups with a good head !
    Yeh dig out some pics ....would like to see some of your dogs:)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Worcestershire UK
    Posts
    170
    Here she is shes just turned one I think now !! (Bad Dad not knowing)






    A slighlty younger picture I think she just got cleared for take off!! with those ears

    ---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------


    This was Dexter side shot at 8 weeks


    When We first met him I think about 3 weeks old


    Now

    ---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    It was good price as thats near double of what i usualy ask per pup !
    Actually mate the litter that pup was from all had good heads there was 8 of them ...witch is rare as most litters only usually have a couple of pups with a good head !
    Yeh dig out some pics ....would like to see some of your dogs:)
    Yeah you are right there about only having a couple of good eggheads

    Manage to dig some out !!

  15. Great head on that brindle boy dexter :)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin City, Nevada.
    Posts
    4,447
    I agree a rounder head IMO is more appealing, most people dont like them like clueless or budboy because there has never been a curved headed bull terrier in good physical condition, per say. The head makes no difference if they are healthy or not, that irrevalant. They have mostly the same bone structure there for can be in good physical condition just as much as clairice, shes not a 'rare' type of bull terrier, shes one with a dedicated owner to condition her, but most bull terriers can look like that with the right work, and even have a dome head, as well.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Worcestershire UK
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    I agree a rounder head IMO is more appealing, most people dont like them like clueless or budboy because there has never been a curved headed bull terrier in good physical condition, per say. The head makes no difference if they are healthy or not, that irrevalant. They have mostly the same bone structure there for can be in good physical condition just as much as clairice, shes not a 'rare' type of bull terrier, shes one with a dedicated owner to condition her, but most bull terriers can look like that with the right work, and even have a dome head, as well.
    It is the dedication of the owners that makes them look like that.

    Just realise now after checking her papers that Roxy will be a year old tomorrow!! so its around about now would be the time for them both to start a bit more of a workout even though she is a lot fitter than Dexter, well faster anyway !

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Ickle Dexter View Post
    It is the dedication of the owners that makes them look like that.

    Just realise now after checking her papers that Roxy will be a year old tomorrow!! so its around about now would be the time for them both to start a bit more of a workout even though she is a lot fitter than Dexter, well faster anyway !
    Is Roxy a standard ??

  19. your right hucklebut....theres no reason why these over exaggerated heads cant be on top of a decently conditioned body......but they rarely are for the simple reason that most people who prefer the exaggerated look of the head also prefer the exaggerated look of the body hence they prefer a heavier set exaggerated look all round......which is a change brought about that serves absolutely no useful purpose for the dog.

    the only reason folk like myself dont like them is the same reason i/we dont like british bulldogs,chihuahas,great danes etc etc.....they are purposely bred to be exaggerated for no reason apart from what some people think looks good and in my opinion no dog should be bred as a fashion item for financial gain and changed to suit fashion......

    it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that teals dog is the picture of health and vigour.....compared to the stale unhealthy deformed specimens being bred for show.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Worcestershire UK
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    Is Roxy a standard ??
    No Both of them are Minis

    But Dexter is a bit big for a mini and small for a Standard so hes a bit lost really :D:D

    ---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.clueless View Post
    your right hucklebut....theres no reason why these over exaggerated heads cant be on top of a decently conditioned body......but they rarely are for the simple reason that most people who prefer the exaggerated look of the head also prefer the exaggerated look of the body hence they prefer a heavier set exaggerated look all round......which is a change brought about that serves absolutely no useful purpose for the dog.

    the only reason folk like myself dont like them is the same reason i/we dont like british bulldogs,chihuahas,great danes etc etc.....they are purposely bred to be exaggerated for no reason apart from what some people think looks good and in my opinion no dog should be bred as a fashion item for financial gain and changed to suit fashion......

    it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that teals dog is the picture of health and vigour.....compared to the stale unhealthy deformed specimens being bred for show.
    I think in every bred it all present with regards to the dogs being over weight.
    I still will not forget the when Iwas in Crufts when we looked at the Minis and the two that were to show the publicv were both a couple of barrel shape.

    In my humble opinion I prefer dogs to be fitter and athletic rather than the beer barrel look.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. old classic Hinks terrier/ Indian bull terrier.
    By bravoindian in forum Bull Terrier Pictures
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 08:30 PM
  2. Bull Terrier, Hinks Bull Terrier, Pitbull?????
    By SamThePitbull in forum Bull Terrier
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 12:14 PM
  3. Skidish Bull Head
    By bigkahunabo2 in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 03:51 PM
  4. IA: Pit bull home after getting shot in head
    By Tiffseagles in forum Pit Bull News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
  5. Just Disgusting ! Man Punches Pit Bull Puppy In The Head
    By 4Pits&aDane in forum Pit Bull News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 09:29 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

bull terrier head shape

bull terrier bite

english bull terrier teeth

minibulterier

mean bull terrier

bull terrier bad

bulterier attackdentition bull terrierbull terrier jawsbullterrier teethbull terrier dentitionbullterrier headEnglish Bull Terrier Bitebullterier in attackbull terrier bitesbull terrier jawbull terrier meanbad bulterierbull terrier toothbull terrier headsolid red bull terrierteeth bull terrierbulterier headbullterier teethBULLTERIER attackenglish bull terrier showing teethbull terrier showing teethmean bull terriersbulterier baddo english bull terriers heads crackbull terrier head shapesbull terrier bitingpitbull puppy head shapebull terrier teethsmean english bull terrier

Bookmarks