Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Tom Garner Kennels

Picked up a pup from TG, supposedly of CH Dynomite and a bitch called Bonnie II. However, when asked how Bonnie II was bred i got one story. When my papers arrived i got another! A whole different ped! Guess the only way ya know for sure is if u saw the pup born, ha. As far as CH dynomite being the sire, who knows, maybe.....? Ped says so! TG deffinately has some good stock on his yard (hand picked my pup). But as far as really knowing your dogs true ped, cmon. The guy puts out quality animals for sure. But as far as really knowing the story behind you dog, don't hold your breath. Literally hundreds of pups sold per year, think about it. By the way my pups awesome, game as they come, like I stated earlier good dogs! Its just that with so many dogs being produced, guess he has a hard time keeping track. Just my two cents

lol!! dang did you ask him about it?? you gotta post pics of your new pup up so we can see!! what are your plans for the new puppy?

how do you know the pups game if its just a pup?

4. and how can any man produce quality dogs if he dont know how their bred ?
    if i put a blindfold on and breed the 2 nearest dogs and they come out alive and healthy........have i bred a good litter :confused:

some folk are easily pleased !

something dont sound right.........I have bought dogs from TG and never had a mishap such as yours never was told one ped and then been told another..........you need to talk to him about it not air it on a public forum I have MUCH respect for the man!

if you have a problem with Tom i suggest you take it up with him and not talk $#@! about him on a public forum.

7. in all fairness its probably right to get in touch with him before airing dirty laundry in public.....my statement was in reference to the lad saying he had quality animals

however,any time a person breeds dogs for financial gain only.... they can expect some $#@! to be hurled their way from time to time....it go,s with the territory.

8. My dogs a little over a year old now, and I dont give a damn about a ped thats for sure, just wanted a good dog. And thats what i got. Im not like most people bragging how my dog was bred. Just figured i'd go to the source thats all (chances are you'll get a good one). I'm not gonna call TG and hassle him over one breeding, chances are there have been hundreds of breedings in the last year. Think he keeps track of em all? Think he wants to deal with my dumb $#@! questions that mean nothing in the long run anyways (to me)? Did ask him once when i received my papers, and got...I'm busy call you later. Guess we all gota make a living, right? If you want a good dog, go to TG, if not, get off his nuts.

To Each there own...........I haven't had a problem been dealing with him since 1995 and at time he is busy with his family and stuff if you get him at a good time he will answer any questions you got

hell, im pretty sure if you made it clear to the man WHAT EXACTLY you were looking for in a pup, he would have done his best to pick one that suits you. if you called him tellin him you wanted an athletic dog and didnt care what stock it came from i wouldnt blame the guy for givin you any old dog.

call him and (kindly) ask him what the true story is. ask him first about what he told you and then read him the ped and juss let him know your confused and your wondering for a piece of mind.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

on another note, ive heard mixed thigs about TG.

some refer to him as one of the most respected in the game today

others refer to him as a peddler.

whats the deal with this? since ive first heard the name come out of my gramps mouth (when i was about 14) i always thought he was a respected reputable dogman.
    but lately ive heard folks referr to him as nothing more than a peddler.

can somebody clear this up for me?

from what i hear the dude makes $500-1,500 WEEKLY just from breeding frisco.

11. learn all the controversy surrounding frisco and maybe theres your answer......

at the end of the day every man makes judgement based on his own understanding.....when something cant be proved one way or another it just comes down to what you believe and what you dont.

the controversy? all the dog did was have sex right?

No there is alot of controversy surrounding Frisco.... The ADBA had questions about the amount of pups being reported as sired by Frisco... I forget the final count.... so they asked TG to DNA Frisco so they could be sure the pups were off of Frisco and TG refused....

So there's this big gray cloud around Frisco and how many pups were actually off of him and how many weren't... thats why you see alot of people wanting the Chinaman blood without Frisco in it... like the stuff off of Frank White for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Laced Wit Game View Post
    the controversy? all the dog did was have sex right?

The contreversy is wether the dog was still able to produce at the times in question, and TG's refusal to do DNA testing I believe.

like this? check out chinabuck

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [98539] :: WILDSIDE'S HUMP

Yes Chinabuck would be a good example as well... not to mention James Edwards was a good dogman in his time... he lives in eastern NC I plan on getting down there to meet him one day

james edwards?? not dude from american me lol

18. Quote Originally Posted by NcPrisonGuard View Post
    Yes Chinabuck would be a good example as well... not to mention James Edwards was a good dogman in his time... he lives in eastern NC I plan on getting down there to meet him one day

my understanding of mr.edwards is that he has a far bigger reputation on the internet than he has in the bulldog world outside....and he hates us europeans !!!!.....interesting character though i must admit.

as regards frisco.....if im not wrong this was all tied up with the frozen semen and the fact frisco was siring more pups after his death than when he was alive.........i know many of the frisco dogs through lee ling etc that reached eastern europe proved not to be descendants of frisco at all according to their breeders.

im not a big frisco/chinaman fan myself so feel free to correct me if im wrong.

I dunno Clueless Mr Edwards had one of the best dogs of all time in my opinion in Gr Ch Molly Bee 8xw... He may like the fraternity across the pond I dunno I've never heard that.

But yes the frozen semen thing was the big issue.. and then the refusal to DNA so that pups off him could be DNA'd and now if you have a pup off frisco frozen semen... its my understanding they can't be registered with the ADBA.. but I may be mistaken

20. no no fair play im not disputing mr edwards had some good ones....level of competition id be dubious of and he is certainly better known on the internet than he was " in the day " as he likes to call it ....but im only going off what others " in the day " have said.....im sure he,s a good guy we could all learn from.....a few well known dutchman i know might not be as respectful as im being but hey we all have our problems ;)

yes thats pretty much what i heard re frisco......i was told many pups claimed to have been directly off frisco were actually off frisco sons and gr sons etc....so not strictly different blood,just different parentage....but then paper hangings paper hanging i guess

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast