Why does my puppy show me his butt

I really don't understand why he is doing this!? Is this a sign of dominance or something??? The first time I saw him do this is when I introduced him to an another APBT at the vet...They were the same age, and the other dog was hiding between his owner's legs. My dog, Dexter, wanted to play....when the other dog wouldn't budge from his owner's legs, he went up to him and shoved his butt in the other dog's face and looked at him. Then he turned around excitedly, and then shoved his butt in the dogs face again. He did this repeatedly maybe 20 times!!! Since then he does it to anyone... when we are scolding him or just talking to him...I don't remember when exactly. But he will just turn around, show me his butt and look at me. Whyyy????:confused:

Does he kind of lean into you when hes doing this?
    Sounds pretty normal to me. My dogs do this too. :)

Images
    I moved your post to our Training & Behavior section. You should get more responses here.

This sticky may also be helpful.
    How to Read Body Language - Training Behavior

LOL, really? No...not when he does this. I think I know what you are talking about though. He puts his head down and stretches his paws in front of him and will shove his butt into the air. When he does this, yes he does lean into us and he is doing this when he is playing.
    But when he does what I am talking about, he is standing up. He is initially facing us, and then he will turn around and show us his butt and turn his head and look at us. LOL It is very odd....

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by raspbrryswl View Post
    I really don't understand why he is doing this!? Is this a sign of dominance or something??? The first time I saw him do this is when I introduced him to an another APBT at the vet...They were the same age, and the other dog was hiding between his owner's legs. My dog, Dexter, wanted to play....when the other dog wouldn't budge from his owner's legs, he went up to him and shoved his butt in the other dog's face and looked at him. Then he turned around excitedly, and then shoved his butt in the dogs face again. He did this repeatedly maybe 20 times!!! Since then he does it to anyone... when we are scolding him or just talking to him...I don't remember when exactly. But he will just turn around, show me his butt and look at me. Whyyy????:confused:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    I moved your post to our Training & Behavior section. You should get more responses here.

This sticky may also be helpful.
    How to Read Body Language - Training Behavior
    Thanks, I noticed that I posted in the wrong section after I posted but wasn't sure how to undo it. I re-posted in that section as well. Thank you.... :o

Images
    He's showing you that he wants to play. Head down, butt in the air, feet stretched out, definitely a sign of "it's play time!" :D

if he is back end to you, wiggling his but its an inventation to sniff, and often submission. my little dog does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    He's showing you that he wants to play. Head down, butt in the air, feet stretched out, definitely a sign of "it's play time!" :D
    Yes, I know that :D

But what I am talking about is something different... He isn't bowing. I will be talking to him usually after he has done something wrong and he will just turn around, show his back and butt to me. And while his back is to me, he turns his head and looks at me... Like as if to tell me that he doesn't want to be bothered or he doesn't care. LOL. It doesn't seem like he wants to play.
    I don't know...maybe I'm just reading him wrong. Maybe what he is actually saying is "So what if I did something wrong, lets play!!" LOL:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    if he is back end to you, wiggling his but its an inventation to sniff, and often submission. my little dog does this.
    ohhhh....interesting. I was wondering if its submission or dominance. He doesn't wiggle it though. LOL he just stands there and looks at me over his shoulder.

Images
    Im thinking "Hey you, heres my butt, smell it already and lets play!" Like he knows that is what dogs do? LOL funny stuff!

I suppose my dog probably does what you are describing... he sort of has that weird look in his eyes, almost sad like. If he thinks he is in trouble.

9. Yup ^^^^ ... sniff #1 = faces... sniff #2 = butts... his new buddy at the vet was scared, so he said dude sniff my a$$ already so we can play!!!

As for shoving his butt at you I don't know what he's doing... call a certified dog behaviorist right away!!!!! just kidding, teach him not to and you're good.

So I can scratch it!

11. Notch sits his butt in front of everyone, because right at the base of his tail is his favorite place for people to scratch. lol.

Images
    Maybe you could get a video of what he's doing, so we can see more of what you are trying to describe. I still think it's a play mode, or submission mode. Either way, doesn't sound like anything bad.... unless his butt smells really bad at that moment!

I know of one dog that has done that over and over again and all we could ever tell was that he wanted his hind end scratched! Otherwise being a puppy I would think maybe it's submissive "smell me I'm cool".