How much do I feed my 6 month old puppy?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm sure that this question has been asked. I am trying to go according to the bag on how many cups I should feed him but it doesn't seem enough for him. He is always hungry!
    I feed him 2 cups twice a day, once in the morning and again at night. Whenever I am preparing food or eating, he always begs... This morning I fed him 2 cups and then again tonight I fed him another 2 cups.....he kept looking at his bowl so I filled it up with another cup to see if he would eat it, and he did. Again...he was looking at his bowl and then looking at the food, so I gave him another cup! And he ate it all up in no time! Sooo, today he ate 6 cups.
    I do not want to overfeed him, and I can't seem to find an answer to my question online...just wondering if anyone can give me some advice? He is about 6-7 months and weighs about 47lbs. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!:)

What brand of food are you feeding you pup?

Its ProPac-Performance Puppy....
    They suggested this to me at the Pet Store...
    Is it alright?

4. feed what it says on the bag.

I do, but its not enough for him! It says 4 1/2 cups a day...which I feed him. But like I said, he always wants more. And he gets agitated when he is hungry, so do I just experiment with how many cups I feed him until I find the right amount?? Or is that a no-no cause all puppies want to do is eat??

Images
    At 6 months, I was feeding Bella 1 1/2 cups of TOTW, twice a day.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

You may have to adjust it a little.. I pretty much stuck to 3 cups a day. My dogs weren't working, so they weren't burning off a lot of calories. You could start with 3 1/2 cups, and adjust it as needed, little more or less. They are always going to act like they are starving. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    At 6 months, I was feeding Bella 1 1/2 cups of TOTW, twice a day.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

You may have to adjust it a little.. I pretty much stuck to 3 cups a day. My dogs weren't working, so they weren't burning off a lot of calories. You could start with 3 1/2 cups, and adjust it as needed, little more or less. They are always going to act like they are starving. :p

Thanks! I guess I will stick to the 1 1/2-2 cups per serving and adjust it here and there.... :)

Images
    You can always start at 2 cups twice a day and see how he does with that for about a week or so, then adjust it down, if need be. All on mine act like they are starving homeless dogs that never get fed, but they get fed better . than I do most of the time . :rolleyes:

If he looks good as far as weight then I would stick to what the bag says. Bully could get into the dog food and eat TONS of it and still act like he was starving...some dogs just don't know when to stop and will make themselves very sick and overweight if they were allowed to eat how much they really wanted.

Thanks so much for the advice!! =)

Quote Originally Posted by raspbrryswl View Post
    This morning I fed him 2 cups and then again tonight I fed him another 2 cups.....he kept looking at his bowl so I filled it up with another cup to see if he would eat it, and he did. Again...he was looking at his bowl and then looking at the food, so I gave him another cup! And he ate it all up in no time! Sooo, today he ate 6 cups.:)
    That is funny, he kept looking at his bowl and you kept filling it up, he is a smart pup. Feed him what it says on the bag for his weight and age. Some foods that have better ingredients you feed less.

i always let them eat as much as they wanted untill about 9 months old, them i start measuring their food