Weight Pull Harnesses?

I was thinking that since I'm making Bully a working dog I need to do something with Lucy too. I want to get her a weight pull harnesses but I don't want to dump a lot of money in it since I'm not sure how much she'll like it. Any one know where I can get a decent one without breaking the bank?

Check out stillwater kennels. CDpits has some decent ones also

4. I have CD pits weight pull harness, and IMO it is amazing quality. Even though I got it for my lab mix Bailey, who will never be competing in weight pull, I still think it is an amzing harness. We only weight pull on walks and in the backyard for fun and exercise, but if I ever have another dog that I would do serious weight pulling with, I will definetily be getting another CD pits harness.

i use ebay just put in weight harness and they will come up. putting anything else means you wont find them. you can get one like 35 bucks.

stillwater kennels has them for about the best price you will find for a great quality one i have 3 of them from stillwater kennels and 1 that i pad about 40 dollars more for and the stillwater ones are way better quality

Images
    If you are thinking about competing in weight pulling, I would suggest you do your homework. Don't buy one just because the price is right. A good quality custom made harness is best.

i bought mine off ebay and it has been flawless i've had it for 1 year and a half now and has held up to so much abuse not to mention getting muddy and wet.

9. You're better off investing in a good harness now than buying a cheap one later. Cheap ones can potentially injure your dog if they're improperly made. Doing your homework now can save in vet bills or other problems later.

Brown Dog Harnesses (weightpullharness.com)
    CD Pits Harnesses (itsmysite.com/cdpits/)
    The Working Canine (theworkingcanine.com)

Those are the three places I've seen and absolutely adore the harnesses from. I personally have harnesses from "The Working Canine" (formally Alaskan Dream Dog Equipment) and am getting another shortly for Ms. Lyric. Even if my dogs DON'T pull, I want the best because A) it will last and B) it's properly made for my dog.

Here's Ryker's harness from "The Working Canine". Luna's is identical, but with navy fleece. They're both neoprene lined, custom harnesses.
    Last edited by shadowwolf; 12-27-2009 at 06:50 AM.

yup mine looks just like that and was bought off ebay for like 40 dollars.

11. For $5 more, I got one custom fitted to my dog. She's tiny, larger harnesses cost a bit more. I'm less concerned w/colors and frills (though I got the colors I wanted) than I am w/correct fit. Once you learn more about weight pull, you'll see how many dogs have harnesses that don't fit correctly, and actually interfere w/the dog's pulling. Soleil is wearing a harness made by Missy Villines (Brown Dog Designs www.weightpullharness.com ). Great product, great price, and great service.
    Last edited by Leslie H; 01-01-2010 at 12:51 AM.

I agree brown dog harness (missy villine) way to go cant get any better quality and very reasonable price. I have used several different makers and missy is #1 in my book. dogs will pull in any harness but correct fit and comfort go along way. some harness' cause your dogs to pull funky (chest up, head up, or to one side) this is all due to the way the harness is sown and put together. i thought was my dogs style when replaced harness with a brown dog harness dog stopped pulling funky. this is my experience and this was with more than 1 dog. i would post pics of my dogs and harness' but havent figured out how to post pics. good luck with your selection on a harness