1. Baltimore: Get your pit bull spayed/neutered for just $20!

B-More Dog, which is a group of pit bull loving Baltimore citizens that want to encourage pit bull owners to be more responsible with their dogs, is trying to help the MDSPCA on Falls Road in Baltimore get the word out about a great low-cost spay and neuter program at their facility. Beginning in 2008, if you earn less than $18,000 per year or your household of 2 or more earns less than $25,000 per year, the MDPSCA will neuter your male pit bull for $40 or spay your female for $50. They will also give you great discounts on rabies ($6) and other shots, such as distemper ($10). Heartworm tests will be conducted for just $10 and you can get a microchip for $15.

Better yet, during the Month of February, spay and neuter of any pit bull owned by a qualified individual is just $20!

If you live in Baltimore, and one of your neighbors owns a pit bull, you might want to share this info with them, so they can think about the benefits of getting their pets fixed--fewer unwanted litters to end up in shelters, less desire for a dog to "roam" to look for a potential mate, no messy heat cycles for female dogs. If your dog is a pet and not a show dog or a working dog, it just makes sense to fix it, and the MDSPCA will help you do that if you can't afford to spend hundreds at the vet!
    All spays/neuters will be done on Sundays and all dogs will need an appointment, so anyone interested needs to call first.
    If you know someone who might be interested in this program, please tell them to call the MDSPCA at (410) 235-8826, ext. 140. Or email them at fixem@mdspca.org

Tell them B-More Dog sent you! For more info on B-More Dog, visit www.myspace.com/bmoredog
    Please help us spread the word all over the Baltimore metro area!

Thanks,
    Erin

PS: FYI, if you own a dog other than a pit bull, or evan a cat, they do have low-cost spay/neuter options you can take advantage of as well. but the "pit fix" just happens to be the newest element of the MDSPCA's spay/neuter campaign.

I wish they were having something like this around me. I planned on getting Tess fixed this week, but my boyfriend's sister got her dog fixed on Monday, and she borrowed our carry case, so I have to wait a little longer. But I would must rather spend $20.00 than $200.00. lol.

3. Beginning in 2008, if you earn less than $18,000 per year or your household of 2 or more earns less than $25,000 per year, the MDPSCA will neuter your male pit bull for $40 or spay your female for $50.
    Make that $35,000 per year, not $25,000! I can't find an edit function on the board, so if a mod sees this and feels like altering the original post, that'd be fine with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandJean View Post
    I wish they were having something like this around me. I planned on getting Tess fixed this week, but my boyfriend's sister got her dog fixed on Monday, and she borrowed our carry case, so I have to wait a little longer. But I would must rather spend $20.00 than $200.00. lol.
    Is there really now low cost spay and neuter drives in your area CHJ?

We have a clinic that always "free spays/neuters" an neuters all "pitbulls"

Hopefully theres some onfo here that can help...
    http://neuterspay.org/

Click search database, and have fun...I saw a few in NC offering low cost (less than $50, but I have no clue how close they actually are to you...
    Last edited by screamin'eagle; 01-23-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Not to my knowledge. My boyfriend's sister got her dog spayed for only $20, but that is because she went to the Humane Society, and they checked how much she makes a year, and she qualified for it.