Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My post is no good without a picture but my friend has a basset x rott and it's very obvious what the 2 breeds are in him. He's a sweet boy.

Images
    i also have a pit/basset he is so lovable and very bullheaded i love this dog, he has a mr. bones attitude....
    Last edited by janiepie23; 03-23-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nc_pitbullmommy View Post

I really don't think this is a basset hound/APBT mix. The only basset like qualities it has is the short legs.
    I think it is just an extreme Am. Bully.
    Poor things pasterns are completely shot on its front legs...looks painful.
    PASTERNS!!!!
    That's the word!!!!!

THANK YOU!
    I have been trying to find out this word for DAYS!!!
    My Ella has really nice, tight pasterns.
    After seeing a lot of dogs posted on various boards lately, with HORRIBLE pasterns, I am quite proud that my dog has good ones.

Images
    I feel bad for that dog but that picture makes me laugh...he has freakishly huge feet

Quote Originally Posted by milew66623 View Post
    why is this dog in the picture? Was it a mistake? This an amstaff from york kennels.

Since that was so long ago and I just now noticed your quote, I think I was comparing what his (his being the OP pic) feet should have looked like if he was pure. Comparing what they should have looked like(the amstaff) compared to what they do look like(the basset). ;)

lol its kinda cute in a goofy way, i found this one shar pei and basset mix
    the mix

and for people who dont know shar peis, omgawsh i want one.... this one super wrinkley, jus the way i like em :)

Friends of ours have an adopted "Doberhound" - 1/2 Doberman Pinscher...1/2 Basset Hound, and yes...that's its mix. It doesn't have any health issues. Kind of funny to see a Doberman head and coloration on a Basset body (complete with splayed out feet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethypitbull View Post
    ummm.....ok....its strange. I was just talking about a lab/basset mix at the shelter and wanted a pic so I googled it and found this guy.

He's a pit bull/basset hound mix. wow
    :eek:

Here's my Bassett / Pit Bull Mix

This is the first time I've posted on here, but you just have to see my strange boy Sammy. He's four years old and swings between lazy hound and terrier go get 'em, which is very energetic. When he gets too wild, I tell him to get in touch with his inner Bassett Hound. Belly rubs and Shiatsu are his favourite things, and food and treats, of course. His best friend is Cleo, a German Shorthaired Pointer mix.

I think Sammy may also have some chow in his background, 'cause his tail flips over his back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cute_sam.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	8177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two_dogs.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	8178  

Images
    ^^^ that dog needs a good diet lol
    cute dog nonetheless

There's a dog that looks almost exactly like this in my neighborhood. Except his tail doesn't flip back. They also call him a pit/basset mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashmetal View Post
    That somehow looks like some sorta American Bully...
    That's what I thought too,lol.

I think that first dog is prolly just a 'dwarf'.

My friend has a 'rotti x bassett" which I think looks a bit of both...kinda (sorry for the bad angles). The other dog is a daschund x pit bull - she's an ankle biter and it's wierd.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ravengal View Post
    This is the first time I've posted on here, but you just have to see my strange boy Sammy. He's four years old and swings between lazy hound and terrier go get 'em, which is very energetic. When he gets too wild, I tell him to get in touch with his inner Bassett Hound. Belly rubs and Shiatsu are his favourite things, and food and treats, of course. His best friend is Cleo, a German Shorthaired Pointer mix.

I think Sammy may also have some chow in his background, 'cause his tail flips over his back.

I really don't see how people can keep their dogs this big, why don't you gain 300lbs and see how you like it?

Definitely has the Chow face, not sure what else though...

Well, I have always debated that the extreme pocket bullies were bred with basset, boston or bulldog to get that look. I could be wrong though... as far as basset x pitbull google pitbull and see what pops up first

I wouldnt base anything off of just google

im sorry but for some sick reason, that basset husky mix is cute as HELL

however, that pit has that disease of what the above poster said, which causes shortened legs and bowed legs. and the paws are bigger because they have to sit on the back of their pads,(to support themselves) which cause the toes to stretch and be splayed, making them appear bigger than they actually are.

We start a new cl$#@! at Petsmart today. The trainer told me that our classmate is pitbull/basset mix. It sounds like a very strange mix. I couldn't believe I found a thread about it here. I'll try to sneak a picture.

19. Why would you crop the ears of a mutt dog?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast