Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

pit bull/ basset hound mix lol

ummm.....ok....its strange. I was just talking about a lab/basset mix at the shelter and wanted a pic so I googled it and found this guy.

He's a pit bull/basset hound mix. wow

2. That somehow looks like some sorta American Bully...

lol...it does.

Check these out

PLATO THE GREAT PYRENEES BASSET MIX AKA THE GREAT BASSET

Lab/Dachshund Mix

Bassett Hound/Husky mix

dachshund/pug mix

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashmetal View Post
    That somehow looks like some sorta American Bully...
    lmao im glad you said it and not me

Do they know for sure, or are they just guessing?

Everything with short legs gets called a basset mix..

Dwarfism is a dominant gene so anything bred with a basset, will have the legs of a basset.

My old boss rescued a female Basset Hound during the hurricanes several years ago. She never found the owner and took her to vet. She was heartworm positive so they started treatment. She came in season and the vet wouldn't spay b/c of just giving the hw treatment. Well someone forgot to shut a door and her Siberian Husky got in. 2 months later they has 8 Mush Puppies! :) I figured they were going to be ugly, but they turned out to be pretty dogs. She kept 2, Joker and Cookie. Joker was white w/ brown patches, curly husky tail, thicker coat. Cookie was smooth coated black/tan. Both with basset body!

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    Do they know for sure, or are they just guessing?

Everything with short legs gets called a basset mix..
    some of these were actually bred purposely!...ew

Images
    I feel sorry for that poor dog the first one. :( Very cute but what a different mix. We acutally adopted out a 'pit bull'/basset hound mix where I work. She was sweet but she was really pretty.

I actually think that is an awesome little mix. I would never condone purposfully breeding it, but my gosh it is cute! I really like basset hounds. I love hound dogs in general, they have the saddest faces!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethypitbull View Post
    ummm.....ok....its strange. I was just talking about a lab/basset mix at the shelter and wanted a pic so I googled it and found this guy.

I really don't think this is a basset hound/APBT mix. The only basset like qualities it has is the short legs.
    I think it is just an extreme Am. Bully.
    Poor things pasterns are completely shot on its front legs...looks painful.

Poor things pasterns are completely shot on its front legs...looks painful.
    That was the quality that led me to believe it was a basset hound mix, and its face is a little "houndy".

Quote Originally Posted by megschristina View Post

That was the quality that led me to believe it was a basset hound mix, and its face is a little "houndy".

I just see a "low rider" style American Bully. Or pocket pit I think is what they call them.
    I don't see anything houndish about him/her.

This is a Basset/APBT mix Chloe the Pit Bull Mix | Puppies | Daily Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethypitbull View Post

now that i think about it, it kinda reminds me of shorty cowboy

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [18202] :: COCHRAN'S SHORTY COWBOY

I think it is definitely a basset hound/apbt mix.Not only the short legs,but the size of the feet.And it's face does look like a basset face.Just put long ears on her,give her a long tail, and make her skinnier,and she'll look like a basset hound.

The link for the daily puppy on the other hand does not look like a basset mix.It's fur is too long.Basset's have short hair like apbt's.

We have what we are $#@!uming is a Shih Tzu/Basset mix up for adoption at the rescue I volunteer for. Lol

Those feet look definitely basset, especially the front feet. Plus his front end being squattier than the back makes me think basset. I wanna reach through the screen and trim that dogs nails, though.

Images
    Those are some odd matches ...

why some people throw two dogs together just to get some "cute" name or weird look, amazes me... All of the Dorkies and Morkies listed in the paper for $300+ make me want to barf!

Quote Originally Posted by Rits View Post
    Those feet look definitely basset, especially the front feet. Plus his front end being squattier than the back makes me think basset. I wanna reach through the screen and trim that dogs nails, though.

why is this dog in the picture? Was it a mistake? This an amstaff from york kennels.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashmetal View Post
    That somehow looks like some sorta American Bully...
    uhhh it is !! but dont tell ...were not soposed to know that ....flmao

20. Lol, strange mix. :/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast