1. Bald spots or scars on my pitbulls back??

I have a 6 month old blue pit. Within the last 3 days, i have noticed some marks on my dogs back along his spine area. At first look i thought that they might be scars from my parents dog playing to rough and nipping him, but i couldnt find a wound or mark or scar when i looked closer. I just gave him a bath to see if it would go away, but they are still there. It looks like the fur is just thin in those certain areas. I would post a pic but i dont have a camera. Any advice would be appreciated

Images
    Humm.... has your dog have a well puppy check up from your vet? Did they do a skin scrape to rule out Demodex mange? Also, what kind of kibble do you have him on? Does he seem to itch and scratch much? It could be food allergies, or chemical allergies from what you clean your floors with.

3. yes hes had a full check up and was cleared for everythng except 2 stomache things they said were common in a puppy round worm and girardia (proabaly wrong spelling). for that he got meds and finished taking them about a month ago. I just noticed these a day or 2 after he was playing rough with my parents dog. Hes been on the exact sae diet that the breeder had him on since birth, which is pro pac lamb and rice superepemium dry food, protein powder, and equilibrium vitamins. He itches like any other normal dog, and i dont think he could even reach the spot on his back where the marks are. I doubt that its from my floors.

Images
    Did your vet do a skin scrape? I'm not familiar with that food, but check your ingredients list... what are the first 10 ingredients? When we adopted Bella, she had a bad case of the itchies. After consulting with another member on here, we finally narrowed it down to the chicken in the kibble. She was on Taste of The Wild, Bison formula. It's a grain free all life stages kibble, but the Bison has chicken in it. Once I took her off the chicken, and put her on the Pacific Stream (salmon) formula, the itchies cleared up. It could be from playing, but I would think there would be some scratches or something to indicate it was from play time. :)

5. exactly...i dont think its from playing....this morning i noticed there are some of the same small marks on his sholder area....now i am convinced that it is thinning patches of hair on his back (small tiny patches)...definitely not wounds....its definitely not from the food and like you said probably not from playing cuz there would be scratches/scars.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

maybe possibly a bad reaction to frontline? i put it on him for the first time, but that was roughly 3 or 4 weeks ago...maybe fleas? I'm really not sure but i dont think its from my dog biting him cuz again, there are no wounds beneath the thin patches of hair

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

now that im searching the net, im feeling that this could be from the ring worm or round worm or whatever that my pup was diagnosed with a couple months ago during his checkup. He was given medication for it and he completed that a month ago (he also had giardia which the medication was supposed to treat as well). I never brought a stool sample in to be retested so it could be that he still has that stuff going on with him? if this is the case, will those thin patches grow back in with the regular hair that he had????

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

this is a post i found on yahoo...the post described the same type of symptoms that my dog is having (bald spots on the dogs body) here is a repy from a person:

this is a form of mange that only puppies get. its tiny hair mites that are natural but your puppy has too many & the hair falls out. if theres many spots, he will need pills & a shampoo from your vet. if its mild, there is a cream they can give you. he didnt get this from another dog & can not give it to another dog. its normal between 4 & 6 months. dont worry, it will grow back in about two weeks after you start treatment.

Images
    Interesting.. If it were me, I'd probably make another vet appointment, and you might even get a second opinion.. of course, this is coming from the person that could have bought a big screen HD TV for what Bella has cost me so far this year in med bills alone. :rolleyes:

**note, if it's Demodex mange, also called "red mange", it will have to have vet care to recover. They can do the special dips and prescribe meds to get it under control. Demodex is not contagious, but it will not clear up on it's own, and will only get worse. Medical attention and treatment from a licensed vet is the only way to clear up Demodex. Do not try "home remedies" they do not work, and can be fatal to the dog.
    Last edited by Mollie's Nana; 12-10-2009 at 09:43 AM.

7. yeah im definitely going to make a vet appointment, but that probably wont be til next week (i just want to try to get some info to calm my nerves for now lol)...i google that Demodex mange, and thats not what appears to be on my dog (now at least, idk if what he has now would progress into that). but that response that that person on yahoo posted seems to be the thing that would make the most sense...i just wanted to get some peoples opinions on this forum because i know people are more educated on this site and its specific for pitbulls.......

Images
    If he seems to be itching a lot, you can give him Benadryl, one 25mg pill for every 25 pounds of pup. As far as growing hair back, you can use NuStock or Sulfadine.. I think you can google both of them to find prices... but around $20. A member here says that the Sulfadine will grow hair back on a bowling ball, so it's probably pretty good, but I've not had to use it yet.

9. ok cool thats good to know thanks