What is a English pitt Bull Terrier?

I often see text with the English Pitt Bull Terrier(EPBT), is EPBT the same as English Bull terrier(EBT)?. If, why use the pitt word, it's only dogs there is game in pitt and not normal peobles dogs. Is the word not a profession?

Can't say I've personally ever heard of an English pit bull terrier.

Me either...hmmmm

Never heard of that??..........Maybe someone is just trying to get around a breed ban:rolleyes:....two T's really?:D

Images
    I have someone down the road who claims to own one, they said it's from breeding English Bull Terriers to APBTs.

Must be one of those Labradoodle kind of things.

Images
    I seen a ad for one a Year or so back and called and was told it was a English Bulldog and APBT cross. asked why he did it and he told me it made them better I said thank you and hung up. I also called about a dog that someone was rehoming and she told me its was American rednose and English pit ??? I said Ok thank you not what I am looking for

8. This is the dog that they are talking about

That just looks like a Bull terrier to me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jrm1985Ohio View Post
    That just looks like a Bull terrier to me.

exactly :)

Images
    Thank You I have been meaning to post about this.. While I was home for my Dads Funeral I asked a couple of the older guys that I knew used to hog hunt about this they told me that back in the day the English bulldog was not all Freaked up to be pretty.. He could work and that he along with some others breed APBT bitches to a English bulldog stud but one that could actually work not one of these sissy freaking English bulldogs you see now. and he Said we referred to them as Pit and English and they made Damn good catch dogs I cleaned up his language some but maybe this is what people mean by English pit I was told this cross was done more than once. Just remember these guys did not breed APBT they bred Hog dogs catch dogs

Where I live an "English Pitt Bull Terrier" (or simply "English Pit" as they are often called here) is nothing more than a English Bulldog x APBT hybrid.

Blessings ...

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

EDIT: Here are some pictures of "English Pits"

Last edited by ABK; 04-10-2010 at 08:27 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post
    Where I live an "English Pitt Bull Terrier" (or simply "English Pit" as they are often called here) is nothing more than a English Bulldog x APBT hybrid.

Blessings ...

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

EDIT: Here are some pictures of "English Pits"

ABK Where are you located ???
    I knew of this being done in FL for Hog Hunting Purpose That Black dog looks like alot of the Harper dogs Mr Harper has passed many years ago now

I'm located in N.E. Mississippi. The black dog is not in the south (he's in NY) & is known to be an English Bulldog x APBT.

Blessings ...