1. APBT show standards

would this dog be considered under weight cause of the amount of spine bones that are showing?..Im just trying to find out if showing that much spine is acceptable in the APBT show Standard..

Images
    The dog doesn't look conditioned to me anyways. Just really thin IMO. I am not a show expert by any means. Is this your dog? Not a big fan of the chain either way too thick and the clip.

3. no this aint my dog just a dog i found while on google wen on the search for show standard..was looking for a example of who much spine should be showen...no im not a big fan of the chain aswell...

Images
    I actually think it may be too much spine and the dog doesn't look conditioned at all.

5. Depends on the registry.

That dog appears to be at a fine "chain weight", especially if he lives in a hot or humid environment. He is thin, but not necessarily malnourished. He is not lacking muscle tone.

Also, certain dogs (Particularly roach-y, short-backed ones) will display a level of spinal cord regardless of how well-fed they are. Instead of focusing on weight alone, look at the overall dog: is his coat healthy? Does he appear solid, with adequate muscle m$#@! for his type? Is he reacting in an alert manner?

You could, without a doubt, take the above dog to an ADBA or AADR show and not get a second look.

6. what about this dog?..IMO i think this dog looks more conditioned the the top one...
    Last edited by GreenstonesPits; 10-25-2009 at 09:07 AM.

7. Because the top dog isn't "conditioned", he is at what appears to be his everyday, normal chain weight.

The second dog you posted is beautiful.

8. ohk thanks...can you explain what chain weight is?..i see it alot and i dont know wat i is...
    yea the second is wickedly beautiful.
    would take alot of time & work to get a dog in that kind of condition ay?..

9. Quote Originally Posted by GreenstonesPits View Post
    ohk thanks...can you explain what chain weight is?..i see it alot and i dont know wat i is...
    yea the second is wickedly beautiful.
    would take alot of time & work to get a dog in that kind of condition ay?..

It's the dog's natural, everyday weight on the chain, with no real level of conditioning.

and yes, it would take a lot of work to get a dog into that condition.

10. oh yup thanks for that..:)..much appreciated

If you look at pictures of my APBT, 2 ouf of 5 will have that amount of spine showing because he is roached. The rest of him looks perfectly fine... but his darn spine is always sticking up lol

I don't think the top dog looks thin.. like IronChef said, the dog is just sitting at chain weight.

12. if there is a pitbull with a flat back does that mean its x bred?...there is someone that believes that if a pitbull has a flat back then its x bred?...any help on this one please..:D