Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Pit bull awareness day tampa has not been cancelled!!

Our event has only re-located!!! Don't miss out on all the fun of our second year sponsoring this event.....here's the real deal!

PIT BULL AWARENESS DAY
    MID FLORIDA APBTA and PIT BULLS POUNDING THE PAVEMENT SPOOKTOBERFEST
    Saturday & Sunday, October 24 & 25, 2009
    Veteran’s Memorial Park, 3602 N. Hwy. 301, Tampa, FL 33619

Friday, October 23, 2009
    1:00-5:00pm Set-up at park
    UKC WP track
    Mid Florida WP track

Saturday, October 24, 2009
    8:00am Gates Open
    8:00-11:00am UKC Show & Pull (Day of Show entries)
    8:15am Mid Florida Registration Opens
    8:30am Mid Florida Fun Pull
    10:15am Mid Florida Pit Bull Basic Obedience Demo – Duane Bryant & graduating troop!
    10:30am Rally Demo
    11:00am Agility Demo - Hillsborough County 4-H Dog Project
    11am-3pm Hamburgers, Hotdogs fresh off the grill (other refreshments available all day)
    11:45-? UKC Show (Pre-registry participants)
    12:00pm Mid Florida Spooktoberfest Canine Costume Contest
    12:30pm Mid Florida Spooktoberfest Kids’ Costume Contest
    1:00pm Mid Florida Fun Events
    Cutest Ears, Best Trick, Best Bully Puppy Male, Best Bully Puppy Female, Best Bully Adult Male, Best Bully Adult Female, Best Blue, Best Red Nose, Best Black, Junior Handler’s, Best Conditioned, Judges Choice (in this order!)
    1:30pm Delta Society Therapy Dog, Scott Baggett…brochures & magazines available at his booth
    3:00pm Mid Florida Fun Conformation Show (age cl$#@!)
    5:00pm PARK CLOSES

Sunday, October 25, 2009
    8:00am Gates Open
    8:00am UKC Conformation & Weight Pull
    8:15am Mid Florida Registration Opens
    8:30am Mid Florida Fun Pull
    11:00am Fly-Ball Demo
    11am-3pm Hamburgers, Hotdogs fresh off the grill (other refreshments available all day)
    1l:30am Rally Demo – Susie Keel
    12:00pm Mid Florida Spooktoberfest Canine Costume Contest
    12:30pm Mid Florida Spooktoberfest Kids’ Costume Contest
    1:00pm Mid Florida Fun Events
    Best Kisser, Best Jumper, Best Bully Puppy Male, Best Bully Puppy Female, Best Bully Adult Male, Best Bully Adult Female, Best Blue, Best Brindle, Best Buckskin, Junior Handler’s, Best Conditioned, Judges Choice (in this order!)
    1:30pm Delta Society Therapy Dog, Scott Baggett…brochures & magazines available at this booth
    3:00pm Mid Florida Fun Conformation Show (age cl$#@!)
    5:00pm PARK CLOSES

Rescues – Rugaz Rescue, Pit Stop Bully Rescue—booths open all day both days!
    CGC Testers – Dale, SPCA of Pinellas; Susie Keel, Phoenix Rescue; Jeanette, UKC Show Dogs of Florida—CGC testing available all day both days!
    Vendors – Natura Pet Foods (Saturday), Breeders Choice Pet Foods (Sunday), Natural Balance Pet Foods (Saturday & Sunday), Witt Fencing & Kennels (?), Kelly McQuinn, Rose Photography ***VENDORS MAY PROMOTE ONLY…NOT PRODUCTS TO BE SOLD ON PARK PREMISES!!!
    Other Organizations – Bay Area Bullies (Sunday)

Schedules are tentative and subject to change

Images
    It's gonna be a GREAT DAY!!! Please come out and support the breed and make some new friends.......bring your Breed Ambassadors and their costumes and let's have a great time!!!:):):)

Hi Everyone!
    I have received several emails and calls about a rumor circulating that Mid FL & UKC's Tampa event has been canceled.
    Sorry, about the misunderstanding. The event in Tarpon Springs has nothing to do with us or our event. It is being put on by a couple of groups that were trying to stir up a bunch of BS in our group and with our event. They were told that they were no longer involved or allowed at our event. Now they are telling everyone that our event is canceled and trying to draw people to their event, for their own personal financial gain.
    Our event will be in full swing Saturday and Sunday at Veteran's Memorial Park.
    I hope to see everyone there.

Images
    We're planning on coming out on Sunday! :)

Images
    I have a question about the fun pull event. Will there be equipment there to hook up the dogs or are we expected to bring our own equipment? If so, what exactly? We've never done this before. My girls only have collars...should I buy a harness? I'm not even sure my girls will be interested? I'm thinking Rose might be good at it though???

Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatek9 View Post
    Hi Everyone!
    I have received several emails and calls about a rumor circulating that Mid FL & UKC's Tampa event has been canceled.
    Sorry, about the misunderstanding. The event in Tarpon Springs has nothing to do with us or our event. It is being put on by a couple of groups that were trying to stir up a bunch of BS in our group and with our event. They were told that they were no longer involved or allowed at our event. Now they are telling everyone that our event is canceled and trying to draw people to their event, for their own personal financial gain.
    Our event will be in full swing Saturday and Sunday at Veteran's Memorial Park.
    I hope to see everyone there.
    What are you talking about??? We were never advised of that infomation... No one was able to get info on this for days!! Ive been receiving calls all week about ppl trying to get a hold of someone for event info.(Not a good look) Everything was changed that was planned for months!! What are ppl suppose to think?...So, in a limited time frame we put together this event.
    Personal financial gain at $5 for reg....are you serious?! I put ALOT of my hard earned money to support a positive atmosphere where everyone can enjoy, at the end of the day i dont even break even. In closing, my intentions were never to have competition. We are all working for the dogs.. I tried so hard to get a park near Orlando but none were available, so we choose tarpon springs.

7. I agree I dont think that these "groups" would ever do anything for their own financial gain when it comes to these dogs. They are very dedicated to our pitbull community and I honestly think their show was an attempt to fix what they thought was broken. I agree the last minute show change, and lack of information was a huge inconvinience. I am lucky that I live locally and last minute changes do not effect me as much, but what about people who are coming in from out of town and suddenly hear that a show is moved, cancelled, not cancelled, time changed, time changed again, etc etc.

I too must admit that when I heard it might have been cancelled I was upset because I have been working so hard with my dogs for quit sometime for this show. And as a big group with alot of members, I understand why the APBC club threw their show together in a day, to have those dogs who have been working for this show to have a chance to shine. But now that the big Tampa show is back on...why not unite again?? Whatever the reason(s) are, I know that greed is not one, and I wish them luck with their show...I for one will be at the Tampa show and really looking forward to it!!!!!!

See you guys there!

Images
    We will have extra harness for those who do not have CJ

I have NEVER heard that the Event was Canceled. Never heard of times changing, and whatnot...

The ONLY think I heard was of the Re-Location to Veterans Park which is Only about 2 blocks south...I'd like to know who actually was saying it's been Canceled it really ticks me off...This is supposed to be a Day where ALL Responsible Owners come together for and with their dogs...I'm very Disappointed about what's going on...It's a Shame that what is supposed to be a Great Event...nevermind... Since I don't know who to be disappointed with right now....I'll just be disappointed in Everybody....I'll be with Rugaz Rescue at Veterans Park!

Images
    Ok everybody... lets just have a great day with the dogs ... next year Mid Florida APBTA will be hosting a PAD event in the Tampa Bay area ..more info to come soon as we will need to start planning now for next year .... but in the mean time ..I plan on going out there and having agreat time with my Ninnie girl

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Eric..I say it is best to stay out of the Pit BUll Politics and just enjoy being a responsible owner nad great advocate .. cant wait to meet you at the event ...cj

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitboyz08 View Post
    We will have extra harness for those who do not have CJ
    Thanks CJ! :)

Images
    correction in the wording above...SINCE MFAPBTA IS THE OLDEST ACTIVE CLUB IN FLORIDA ( OVER 20+ YEARS) IT IS BEFITTING THAT MFAPBTA AND ITS MEMEBERS PROMOTE THE 2010 PAD IN THE TAMPA BAY AREA .

Thanks guys for clearing that up! I was a little confused last night when I checked my facebook page. Look forward to seeing you all this weekend :)

Quote Originally Posted by myredruca View Post
    I too must admit that when I heard it might have been cancelled I was upset because I have been working so hard with my dogs for quit sometime for this show. And as a big group with alot of members, I understand why the APBC club threw their show together in a day, to have those dogs who have been working for this show to have a chance to shine. But now that the big Tampa show is back on...why not unite again?? Whatever the reason(s) are, I know that greed is not one, and I wish them luck with their show...I for one will be at the Tampa show and really looking forward to it!!!!!!
    Not to stir the pot, but just to clarify.
    The announcement that was made about the Tampa event being canceled, was made by the club you are referencing. The Tampa event is being put on by Mid FL APBT $#@!oc and Pitbulls Pounding the Pavement, and APBC had nothing to do with it. I previously received an email from them saying that were not going to be attending and would not be needing a both. Neither APBC nor PBG were signed up for booths at the Tampa event.
    The only reason we decided to change the location is cost. Originally, we had 15-16 paying vendors to help defray the cost of the fairgrounds venue. The vendors trickled down to only two paying vendors (Witt Fence Co. & Natura Pet Foods). The $400 collected in vendors fees were not going to cover the $6000 location rental. I can't afford that kind of expense, no matter how much I love the breed.
    Mid FL's members (especially the president) have worked their butts off to have everything relocated, get park approval (to open at 8am), to get other demos and a therapy group booked (after the others had something come up), and keep everything running smoothly.
    The Tampa event wasn't ever canceled, at least not by anyone that has anything to do with it. It was simply moved a couple of blocks away.

The announcement that was made about the Tampa event being canceled, was made by the club you are referencing. The Tampa event is being put on by Mid FL APBT $#@!oc and Pitbulls Pounding the Pavement, and APBC had nothing to do with it. I previously received an email from them saying that were not going to be attending and would not be needing a both. Neither APBC nor PBG were signed up for booths at the Tampa event.
    The only reason we decided to change the location is cost. Originally, we had 15-16 paying vendors to help defray the cost of the fairgrounds venue. The vendors trickled down to only two paying vendors (Witt Fence Co. & Natura Pet Foods). The $400 collected in vendors fees were not going to cover the $6000 location rental. I can't afford that kind of expense, no matter how much I love the breed.
    Mid FL's members (especially the president) have worked their butts off to have everything relocated, get park approval (to open at 8am), to get other demos and a therapy group booked (after the others had something come up), and keep everything running smoothly.
    The Tampa event wasn't ever canceled, at least not by anyone that has anything to do with it. It was simply moved a couple of blocks away.
    Thank you for the clarification...as soon as I recieved that flyer saying it was canceled (yesterday) I emailed Carla wanting to know what was going on...she replied quickly and for that I'm appreciative :)

More info; APBC has been promoting YOUR show for months now. In which you sent m$#@! emails to promote, on the apbc site. With funds being so tight we were trying diligently to purchase a booth. PBG while trying to pay $500 @ the fairgrounds finds out there is NO show by the fairgrounds staff scheduled for this upcoming weekend. WOW!! caught us by surprise.

After DAYS going by and no call back from anyone involved with this event and members/ ppl interested coming to us for info. We decided to go ahead try and setup a event for members that were scheduled to come from out of state.

Look, it all comes down to this; when your getting massive amounts of emails and calls for an event you dont control and the event staff keeps everyone at a stand still by not returning calls or emails, what are you suppose to do??

This all has just been very unprofessional.
    Last edited by DragOnRE2; 10-22-2009 at 11:23 AM.

17. Carla,
    It's funny how you talk about financial gain! You never informed us of the venue being lost! In fact, you told me over the phone yourself that is was still going on on Tuesday! I told you the check was being sent and you said "OK". How could you contiune to accept our $500.00 knowing full well that you lost the venue? We are STILL waiting for you to tell us the event at the fairgrounds is not happening. It's really sad how there has to be turmoil among groups. The very thing we fight for (BSL, the good of the breed etc) is being over shadowed by Drama. What happened to the meaning of Pit Bull Awareness Day? Seriously. To go on to chat forums and talk BS yourself when you know full well that you are in the wrong is pathetic. You and I both know what was said over the phone, "yes it's still going on and ok, send the check"! unreal. There is no competition on our end, we don't care who goes to Mid Florida, we just want to have an event due to the ball being dropped last minute on the event you were "supossed" to have. You can't even return my phone calls.....guess you know you were wrong in saying "ok" to sending the check. Maybe this-the truth should be posted all over the forums......

Images
    Eric, it will be nice to meet you finally!!! And thanks for keeping the faith.....things like this only make us stronger for our dogs...:):)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Loo View Post
    Eric, it will be nice to meet you finally!!! And thanks for keeping the faith.....things like this only make us stronger for our dogs...:):)
    Yes Looking forward to meeting you as well...look for the tall goofy lookin' guy

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbullgear View Post
    Carla,
    It's funny how you talk about financial gain! You never informed us of the venue being lost! In fact, you told me over the phone yourself that is was still going on on Tuesday! I told you the check was being sent and you said "OK". How could you contiune to accept our $500.00 knowing full well that you lost the venue? We are STILL waiting for you to tell us the event at the fairgrounds is not happening. It's really sad how there has to be turmoil among groups. The very thing we fight for (BSL, the good of the breed etc) is being over shadowed by Drama. What happened to the meaning of Pit Bull Awareness Day? Seriously. To go on to chat forums and talk BS yourself when you know full well that you are in the wrong is pathetic. You and I both know what was said over the phone, "yes it's still going on and ok, send the check"! unreal. There is no competition on our end, we don't care who goes to Mid Florida, we just want to have an event due to the ball being dropped last minute on the event you were "supossed" to have. You can't even return my phone calls.....guess you know you were wrong in saying "ok" to sending the check. Maybe this-the truth should be posted all over the forums......
    Since you didn't contact me until 2 days ago about reserving a booth, which was the same day that I received a call back from JP at the fairgrounds. She told me that she just got out of a meeting, and they couldn't allow us to rent just part of the space. It was either the entire two buildings for $6000 (plus electric, tables, chairs, etc.) or nothing. I got back in touch with Mid FL and we started working on relocating everything.
    By the time I got to work on Wednesday, and received your message, you guys were already "informing" everybody that the Tampa event was canceled. Why would I need to contact you back about it, apparently you already had other plans.
    Oh yes, and financial gain. Last year's event, at the fairgrounds, cost me just over $1500 out of pocket. The rental was around $2,500 total and I only had a couple of paid vendors. So yes, my financial gain from last's years event was a whopping negative $1500.
    This year's event was going to leave me over $5000 in debt, so we made other arrangements that weren't going to bankrupt me.
    Before I had to the chance to contact you back, the emails and calls were already circulating. However, the pres of Mid FL let you know about the change in plans and you guys told her you wouldn't be attending. So sorry that everything doesn't always go the way you want it.
    Since you are so concerned, as well as working on trying to plan the Tampa event, I am busy running my own store and I am in the process of moving to a new location within the next couple of weeks. Maybe I am a little preoccupied and time slipped by, but Mid FL APBT $#@!oc & APBT Show Dogs of FL were the only ones that really stepped up to help instead of standing back, pointing fingers and criticizing.
    I am done explaining what is really none of your business.

The Tampa event is still going on, just a couple of blocks from the original planned location. See everyone there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast