Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. working bull terriers

ive had some private messages asking for pictures of the type of bull terrier i like so thought it would be easier to post a few pictures on the board instead
    i must add these are not my dogs they belong to a friend its just a small breeding program promoting fitter healthier bull terriers that have drive endurance and brains and who have the athletic ability to compete in weightpull/springpole etc or work in the field on any legal quarry.

they are not to everyones tastes but are certainly great allround pal type dogs and a great improvement physically and mentally on the " showbred " type.....in my opinion anyway.

everyone has there preference! I love both show and athletic bull terriers, but I think you can have both if you work at it. I would love to have a show bull terrier and win some shows and than take him and win some ribbons pulling weight, that would be ideal, IMO.

3. can we see more of the brindle dog please?

4. Quote Originally Posted by retro View Post
    can we see more of the brindle dog please?
    No, you can't have one.

Carla

5. Great looking dogs, they look a lot more like the old pictures i have seen. I really like the white one in the second picture.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sagebrush View Post
    No, you can't have one.

Carla

wow, ouch! stopped cold!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    everyone has there preference! I love both show and athletic bull terriers, but I think you can have both if you work at it. I would love to have a show bull terrier and win some shows and than take him and win some ribbons pulling weight, that would be ideal, IMO.

im not sure if its the same in america but here in england it would be impossible.....what show judges see as a " good dog " is certainly not a dog that could compete in any type of physical competition......over here if the dog does not resemble a barrel then it wont win a show.....in fact a dog in good physical condition showing muscular tone is likely to be judged as a poor specimen !!......this is my whole argument against show dogs in general,there standards promote unfit and physically limited dogs.

likewise,a showtype dog looking like a barrel is not going to win at any type of competetive event apart from an eating contest.......so unfortunately,in my experience its one or the other no matter how hard you work at it a showring dog will not be able to compete in physical contests and vice versa.

Well hopefully one day I can prove that wrong! i totally agree, show judges have been brain washed into thinking this is the breed...even some things describing the breed says they need to be 'full and round' which is just sad!

9. you shouldnt have to prove that wrong.....if deranged people want to ruin dog breeds then leave them to it and distance yourself from them.......

who cares if an idiot gives you a pretty ribbon and says " nice dog "......

do with your dog what you know to be right......

like ive always been told...." never be a fool to your own intelligence " ;)

10. so, no more pics of the brindle boy? :(

11. Quote Originally Posted by retro View Post
    so, no more pics of the brindle boy? :(
    sorry forgot....

and a brother

Images
    Those are some stunning dogs mr.clueless. Congrats to your friend and his program. I think bull terriers are lovely but the fatness of them would put me off. The legs on those dogs are strong and the chest is high enough, not scraping the floor like some you see. A pleasure to see.

good grief those are small...bigger please!

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

the picture i mean not the dog...

Nice to see people actually THINKING when they are breeding!

Great pics and stunning dogs,spot on for me.:D
    Are these the Ingles Bts?

16. i know a guy looking for functional, true working BTs over in europe. is it possible to get a) bigger pics, or b ) a website or anything for the breeder of those dogs?

17. Quote Originally Posted by retro View Post
    i know a guy looking for functional, true working BTs over in europe. is it possible to get a) bigger pics, or b ) a website or anything for the breeder of those dogs?

www.thunderrockoldtymebullbreeds.co.uk

fellas name is lyndon.....he doesnt breed very often and is quite choosy about where his dogs go....hence his dogs retain good working qualities.

holly crap lol clueless the white dog on my other post 'why did we change the bull terrier' is from that guys site! haha i didnt even know i got the pic off of google! LOL

19. Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebutt View Post
    holly crap lol clueless the white dog on my other post 'why did we change the bull terrier' is from that guys site! haha i didnt even know i got the pic off of google! LOL

that just go,s to show how few people there are breeding for an athletic bull terrier !
    im not aware of anybody else in europe who specifically breeds bull terriers with working qualities and athletic ability as a priority......
    thankfully due to good folk like this the bull terrier as a decent breed of dog is not completely dead yet.

I hope it doesnt die...I know I will always breed for drive and athletic dogs.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast